User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 Old 09-28-2010, 07:23 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
13t and Sand

Tried looking at other threads but didn't see quite what I was looking for

I have a 13t sprocket coming in soon I plan to combine with the stock 22" dirt tires for technical trail riding

For sand though I have 20" tires. Which gear would you recommend for dunes/sand riding? Should I stick with the 13t (and ignore first gear) or go back to the 14t when doing sand?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 Old 09-28-2010, 08:31 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I would say that the 13t with 20's in sand is not gonna work well... I run a 13t in sand but with 22's and I love it.

PM Scuzz cause I believe he has some experience with 20's and a 13t in the sand and I'm pretty sure he said it was terrible and he was digging ditches everywhere in the sand. So my guess is ur gonna want the 14t with 20's in the sand... Get some 22's for the sand then put that 13t on and u will be in the same heaven I'm in. But the 14t with 20's will prolly be sweet as well...

"Aliens can blend right on in with your kin so look again...
oh... and Tom Brady sits when he pees."
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 29 Old 09-28-2010, 09:10 PM

i have the stock 14 tooth with 20" razr 2s on the rear. i love it. more accelaration and more traction. ive never tired paddle tires...hope this helps

post #4 of 29 Old 09-28-2010, 10:40 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08hondatrx700xx View Post
i have the stock 14 tooth with 20" razr 2s on the rear. i love it. more accelaration and more traction. ive never tired paddle tires...hope this helps
paddle tires make a huge difference in sand... but like i mentioned before, imho the 14t with 20" paddles should be ok... check with scuzz tho because i am pretty sure he has some experience with 20" paddles and im pretty sure he was ditch digging everywhere and stepped up to 22" paddles...

"Aliens can blend right on in with your kin so look again...
oh... and Tom Brady sits when he pees."
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 29 Old 09-29-2010, 11:00 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
I have a 13t and use 22" Razrs for trails and just change to 22" Sand Stars mounted on ITP C5 rims for the dunes. Tires are 22x11x12 and rims are 12x7. The 12" C5 rims clear the mud scraper so you don't even need to remove it. You end up with the same 22" diameter and the same gearing you already had.

Links below...

http://www.itptires.com/images/sandstar12_lg.jpg
http://www.itptires.com/cseries.html

roadkill

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
"You lock the door and throw away the key. There's someone in my head, but it's not me."

R. Waters
x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

post #6 of 29 Old 09-29-2010, 11:09 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadkill View Post
I have a 13t and use 22" Razrs for trails and just change to 22" Sand Stars mounted on ITP C5 rims for the dunes. Tires are 22x11x12 and rims are 12x7. The 12" C5 rims clear the mud scraper so you don't even need to remove it. You end up with the same 22" diameter and the same gearing you already had.
The sandstars are very similiar to the tire I already have, but I was saying I already bought 20" ones (so not going back on that now) and was wondering what sprocket (13/14) to go with

I've never ridden in sand before either. I'll stick with the stock one then, was just wondering how the 13t did (with 20" sand paddles)

Last edited by Rith; 09-29-2010 at 11:12 AM.
post #7 of 29 Old 09-29-2010, 11:56 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
What kind of paddles do you have for the sand? How well do they hook up? Since they are 20's I'd prolly stick with the 14 tooth depending on your motor setup. With the 14 tooth, big 3 and some paddles that hooked I bogged on some climbs where I had to play with the throttle.

13 tooth and 20's seemed WAY too low for me, but the paddles I had were total shit so that may have been part of the problem.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #8 of 29 Old 09-29-2010, 12:14 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuzz View Post
What kind of paddles do you have for the sand? How well do they hook up? Since they are 20's I'd prolly stick with the 14 tooth depending on your motor setup. With the 14 tooth, big 3 and some paddles that hooked I bogged on some climbs where I had to play with the throttle.

13 tooth and 20's seemed WAY too low for me, but the paddles I had were total shit so that may have been part of the problem.
My bikes stock so far. The paddles are an offbrand (can't remember the name >.<) I got a good deal on, and look almost identical to the ITP Sand Star tires except they don't have that tiny little wing in front of the larger paddle
post #9 of 29 Old 09-29-2010, 12:31 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Prolly Sand Sharks.

If you plan on going with the 13 tooth anyway, I would just put that on and just know that if you drag race you'll be launching in second.

You'll notice the biggest change with the 13 on dirt with the dirt tires, and since this will probably be where you do most of your riding I'd just put the 13 on and forget about it.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #10 of 29 Old 09-29-2010, 02:11 PM

buddy has STOCK TREX 700 14 tooth and skat trak extremes 20" 8 paddle and he had good luck this past week end but I didnt ride it so not sure how good it really was since he wouldnt race me and it was his first time in the sand
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode