ModQuad Thumb Throttle - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 10-17-2010, 06:23 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
ModQuad Thumb Throttle

well, i've searched, but i can't find any info on the longer thumb throttle from modquad thats for sale on rockymountainatv. i think i remember hearing someone saying it hangs a lot lower that stock in addition to it being longer. anyone know this piece well enough to comment on it? i would love to have a throttle thats about 1/2" longer, but doesnt hang any lower.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 10-17-2010, 07:33 PM

Mate, have you ever used a KFX 700 thumb throttle, Try one and you will not use anything else.

HMF Bill Ballance full system with HMF controller, Pro design Filter and billet adaptor,
Fox Evolve Gen 2 with Houser +.75 arms,
Fox Podiums with Shock Pro skull covers,
OMF re-enforced front and rear with Kenda XCF up front and of course Kenda Kutter's on the rear,
Trail Tec bars, clamps and dash.
ASV Lever,
Braided lines and billet clamps,
Moto Active nerfs and Bumper,
AMF Graphics

OZlink gets his Kutters from me
post #3 of 13 Old 10-17-2010, 09:35 PM

Why is that? We can put it on the XX?

Port and Polishing w/ +1 Valves by Illinois Powersports
11:1 CP 715cc Big Bore Piston
290 Web Cam
+3 Throttle Body
PCV Tuned by Illinois Powersports
61.52 HP 48.24 TQ

Special Thanks To
Illinois Powersports
630-365-6722

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 13 Old 10-17-2010, 10:47 PM

Mate, I am right in the middle of looking at that, I think the Raptor cable and the 700xx cable are the same thread, if so we are in. I have a KFX Throttle on the way from the US so I will keep you updated. The KFX throttle has the best ratio and thumb postion of any throttle out there. Go find a Kfx 700 and have a look where the thumb throttle sits and you will know what I am talking about.

HMF Bill Ballance full system with HMF controller, Pro design Filter and billet adaptor,
OMF re-enforced front and rear with Kenda XCF up front and of course Kenda Kutter's on the rear,
ASV Lever,
AMF Graphics

post #5 of 13 Old 10-18-2010, 01:02 AM Thread Starter

that would be outstanding if it works. maybe im just not coordinated enough, but when i am going over real rough terrain, its hard to feather the throttle because its so short. a longer lever would make it a lot easier to control the minute adjustments in engine speed that some terrain requires. plus my thumb gets tired after a few hours, lol. call me lazy, but i have a preference for being comfortable when im riding.

my only concern with that modquad throttle is i have read some reviews for other models that it hangs a lot lower than stock, so the uncomfort would still be there.
post #6 of 13 Old 10-18-2010, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtheandrew View Post
that would be outstanding if it works. maybe im just not coordinated enough, but when i am going over real rough terrain, its hard to feather the throttle because its so short. a longer lever would make it a lot easier to control the minute adjustments in engine speed that some terrain requires. plus my thumb gets tired after a few hours, lol. call me lazy, but i have a preference for being comfortable when im riding.

my only concern with that modquad throttle is i have read some reviews for other models that it hangs a lot lower than stock, so the uncomfort would still be there.
I ride up to 6hr enduros and I use a thumb throttle extender, helps a lot in making the lever longer and wider so you can even accelerate with your palm easier, best $20 bucks I have spent, aside from the ODI grips.

2006 Raptor 700
Yoshi RS-7 full, PCV, Pro Design Foam, EHS lid, Flexx bars, 2" Rox antivibe risers, ASV C/5 levers, Powermadds, CCP stabilizer, HDUSA i3500 +2 a-arms ST, Rap 700 SE front shocks revalved/resprung by Wiigstyle, Fox Podium X rear shock, DWT Drift rear beadlocks, Hiper front beadlocks, Pro Armor XC nerfs and Race grab bar, Tag Agro bumper and railer chassis skid, PRM 0.25" swingarm skid plate

My name is IŮigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die!!!
post #7 of 13 Old 10-18-2010, 02:24 PM

Overlord, Let us know how that throttle work. My buddy has a Honda 450 dirt bike and he wants to put a thumb throttle on it. I will give him my old one.

2008 Black & Red TRX 700XX
- L8ton Sway Bar, DG 6 Pack Rack, PRM Side Bars
- Pro Armor Bumper, Kenda Kutter Tires, UNI Filter
post #8 of 13 Old 10-18-2010, 02:30 PM

I have seen alot of guys take a spent shotgun shell and slide over the throttle.

KASH 2011
post #9 of 13 Old 10-18-2010, 04:11 PM

Guys, I will report, my Thumb Throttle should arrive soon. The only problem with the KFX throttle is its a little bulky, it will fit standard bars no sweat but some alloy bars could be a problem.

ASV Lever,
AMF Graphics

post #10 of 13 Old 10-26-2010, 02:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtheandrew View Post
well, i've searched, but i can't find any info on the longer thumb throttle from modquad thats for sale on rockymountainatv. i think i remember hearing someone saying it hangs a lot lower that stock in addition to it being longer. anyone know this piece well enough to comment on it? i would love to have a throttle thats about 1/2" longer, but doesnt hang any lower.
I bought one of these and i dont see how anyone could ride with one of um...... i took it to a machine shop and had them try to shorten up the "hang down" but they took off too much now it hits your fingers. save your money dude! this kfx mod sounds interesting....do you have to replace the entire throttle assembly or just the thumb lever itself?? i also find the stock throttle uncomfortable (i thought it was just me).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode