Clutch Slipping - lesson learned - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 10-18-2010, 10:15 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Clutch Slipping - lesson learned

Last week when I was getting the quad ready I grabbed some SAE oil that looked like it didn't have any additives in it and changed my oil.

The morning of the first ride the clutch acted normal and I had no problems. On the way back though, when I would "get on it" in 3rd, 4th or 5th the RPM's would slowly climb and the tires weren't spinning any faster.

"Oh crap, now I need a new clutch" I thought.

Well, when we got back to camp I remembered the oil. Jeff had to go back to town for a replacement battery and so I tagged along with him and grabbed some ATV oil from Autozone.

When we got back I changed the oil and we went out riding. I had NO problems with the clutch slipping at any time after that AT ALL!

My intervening and changing the oil as soon as I could probably saved my clutch. I thought I would share with you guys to hopefully help someone with the K.I.S.S. `concept.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 10-19-2010, 07:20 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
what was the oil you had used that caused the slipping? ive always stuck with hondas GN4. something like that probably would have freaked me out and i would have been looking at a new clutch right off the bat, lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
5w0p3, clutch, sae oil

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode