Fmf program issues - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 10-19-2010, 10:44 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Fmf program issues

I just bought a nice used 700xx. Its all stock except for a FMF powercore 4 slip on and a FMF efi programmer. Runs (Ran) good

I wanted alittle more so I took off the air box lid and took out the spark screen in the tail pipe.

I did many test runs and plug checks as I was tuning the EFI till I got a good plug color. It sounded and ran great. I took it for a longer ride and bout after 4-5 miles it started acting up and stalling cutting off. Throttle response went to crap and did have hardly any power.

I thought I tuned it in good but apparently not. Any suggestions what I should go about doing? Would FMF help me out?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 10-19-2010, 10:49 AM

kinda like this?? https://www.club700xx.com/vb/showthread.php?t=5037
you may be to rich. runs great on short little rides? try going back to the lid and original settings also and see if it does it there on a long ride.

ENGINE:(57.87HP-LTP DYNO)12:1CP,STAGE 3 HOT CAM, PORT/POLISHED HEAD,HDD +3 TB, DMC AFTERBURNER FULL EXHAUST,PCV,MODQUAD K&N FILTER/MODIFIED AIR BOX,13T
SUSPENSION:ELKA STAGE 3 REAR STAGE 3 FRONT/HOUSER ARMS,L8TON SWAY BAR
ITP T-9 PROSERIES SKAT~TRACK EXTREAM HAULERS/MOHAWKS,RAZR/RAZR 2
ARMOR:PRO ARMOR FAT PEG NERF BARS
PRO ARMOR DOMINATOR FRONT BUMPER,PRM DESERT GRAB BAR,PRM FULL UNDER SKIDS,X-POSED SHOCK COVERS
CONTROL:PROTAPER EVO BARS,ODI GRIPS,TRAIL TECH HI-RISE BAR CLAMP,ALBA STEERING STABILIZER
LIGHTING:HID CONVERSION/LED ACCENT LIGHTS
LOOKS: AMR GRAPGICS/MAIER PLASTICS
post #3 of 7 Old 10-19-2010, 11:31 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemingtonSteel View Post
kinda like this?? https://www.club700xx.com/vb/showthread.php?t=5037
you may be to rich. runs great on short little rides? try going back to the lid and original settings also and see if it does it there on a long ride.
yeah very similar although I am ripping around much more aggressive than that dude.

I have had a couple rides with it before I wanted to remove the air lid and it ran great every time.

I am sure that its just not set right. Its crazy they are not a little easier to tune.

THanks for the link

post #4 of 7 Old 10-19-2010, 11:40 AM

yeah i was just doing some passes for a photo shoot and happend to catch it on video. i had mine dyno tuned and they said it fixed it and it was still doing it. i just went to the pcv because i didnt want to mess with it the my ecu shorted out soim down for awhile. try dropping the settings down the programer will still run richer than stock on lowest setting its a guess and check unless u get it dynoed.

ENGINE:(57.87HP-LTP DYNO)12:1CP,STAGE 3 HOT CAM, PORT/POLISHED HEAD,HDD +3 TB, DMC AFTERBURNER FULL EXHAUST,PCV,MODQUAD K&N FILTER/MODIFIED AIR BOX,13T
PRO ARMOR DOMINATOR FRONT BUMPER,PRM DESERT GRAB BAR,PRM FULL UNDER SKIDS,X-POSED SHOCK COVERS
CONTROL:PROTAPER EVO BARS,ODI GRIPS,TRAIL TECH HI-RISE BAR CLAMP,ALBA STEERING STABILIZER
post #5 of 7 Old 10-19-2010, 12:06 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
yeah i was just doing some passes for a photo shoot and happend to catch it on video. i had mine dyno tuned and they said it fixed it and it was still doing it. i just went to the pcv because i didnt want to mess with it the my ecu shorted out soim down for awhile. try dropping the settings down the programer will still run richer than stock on lowest setting its a guess and check unless u get it dynoed.
Yeah now that you mention it I should have been taking it a bit more easy on the test rides in case I really messed something up. I hope I didn't end up hurting anything. Well I guess I have one of 2 things I can do. Either FMF might help me out and get me dialed in OR go back with the air box lid with the original settings. I really don't want to pay to get it dyno'd for that. Thanks a bunch for the insight.
post #6 of 7 Old 10-19-2010, 12:56 PM

sure thing let me know if it works out.

post #7 of 7 Old 10-20-2010, 11:03 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
sure thing let me know if it works out.
I spoke with FMF yesterday they really couldn;t help me out so much. They have Dobeck make there programmers and had me call them for tech support.

The man I talked to said that you really should only tune the Green, Yellow and Red settings. The other settings are kinda more advanced and you can leave them all on the settings that they come from them. (which is Setting 4 for all of them.)

Then he said test each setting green, yellow and red seperate with ridding and go from one extreme the lean till it begins to really act up and go extreme to the rich until it really starts to act up in riding only in each color setting. Then Split the differece in middle on each setting one at a time and your settings will be very close.

Sounds alittle confusing and may take awhile to tune but its a whole lot easier than taking a carb off each time and changing jets.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode