Getting the spark plug out - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 Old 10-27-2010, 07:49 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Getting the spark plug out

I just bought an hour meter for my 700xx and I have to wrap it's wire around the spark plug boot. I haven't messed with the spark plug at all since the quad is new, so last night I found it's location on the bike.

I don't know if it's just me but I noticed how inconvienant on where the plug is located. It seems so cramp there with the frame, wire harness, and tank. I have no idea how you would get the boot off or even the plug out. Has anyone else realized this?

Any tips on how to either get the boot out or plug out? It would be a real pain if you had to take some of the plastic off or tank off. Any ideas?

Thanks.

08 700xx aka hillclimber

"If you want something done right, do it yourself"

Dominated...
SW, PA
Wellsville, OH
Buffalo Mtn, WV
Little Coal River, WV
Bearwallow, WV (every blk/red trail)
Rockhouse, WV (every blk/red trail)
Indian Ridge, WV
Pinnacle Creek, WV
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old 10-27-2010, 08:15 PM

It hard enough to get the boot off and spark plug out with the tank off. My worst nightmare would be a fouled plug while riding lol.

The best in the business
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

High Desert Dyno/Cuervo Racing
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Bo White 205-886-7043
Ed @

Chris & Mike
post #3 of 19 Old 10-27-2010, 09:43 PM

The boot is easy to take off without removing anything... I have huge hands, and can do it... I got a little smart, and while I had it stripped, I cut a hole on the plastic under the tank... Now I can change it with a socket and extension without removing pretty much everything!

post #4 of 19 Old 10-27-2010, 09:48 PM

i have trouble getting mine out
post #5 of 19 Old 10-27-2010, 09:59 PM

On mine, the boot comes off hard if it has been on there a while, else it doesn't. It sticks where it goes in the head. Try a little compressed air in the drain hole to loosen her up. If you have the right socket and extension, you can take the tank strap loose on that side and move stuff up enough to get at it.

The hole in the plastic that ceballos did is an excellent idea.

KASH 2011
post #6 of 19 Old 10-27-2010, 10:35 PM

Send a message via AIM to crwh45
I can get mine out relatively easily. The plug comes off easy, and then I just put the socket on it, and then the rachet, lossen it up then pull everything out and get the rest of the plug out by hand.

2008 700xx; Power Bomb header with power core 4 exhaust, Power Programmer III, pro armor nerfs, prm products control front and rear bumpers and full skid, 10" ITP rears, ITP Baja's fronts, RZR 2's all the way around, Uni filter, 13t sprocket, CCP steering Damper, DS450 shock swap, Dual Gasser Throttle, bar risers and Moose barkBusters. 730XX kit plus other engine mods!
post #7 of 19 Old 10-27-2010, 11:14 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to 700xxmaniac
i use socket in the tool kit that came with the xx to take mine out... and i put wd-40 when ever i put the boot back on.. helps a lil

08 TRX700XX
-uni
-primary drive 13t
-pclll
-soon to have a cp 11:1

99 ford f-250 ccsb 7.3

-skyjacker 6'' lift
- 315-75r16 pro comp xtarrain
-sct 100hp tune
-straight pipe with 4'' dp
-dana 60 swap with mile marker hubs

06 pos hyundia tuscon
-dont buy one there junk

live to ride and ride to live
post #8 of 19 Old 10-27-2010, 11:31 PM

the boot sticks a bit, but it will pop right off with a little wiggling. the tool kit that came with the bike works fine for me. I have pulled my plug on the trail a few times with no issue.

08 Honda 700xx
Installed
11.0:1 CP Piston || +3 Throttle Body by Cuervo Racing || Web 290 Cam
HD Web Valve Springs || Hard Rockers || NGK BKR6EKPB-11 Laser Platinum spark plug
Modquad Air Flow System with K&N Filter || custom mounted trail tech vapor || Modified air box lid
DMC Afterburner full exhaust || EBC Dirt Racer Clutch Kit w/Cuervo Racing springs || PC3
Rear 22" Kenda Kutter XC tires || Rear 22" ITP Sand Star tires

Dyno Tuned by Cuervo Racing @ 53.82rwhp & 44tq
post #9 of 19 Old 10-28-2010, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceballos View Post
The boot is easy to take off without removing anything... I have huge hands, and can do it... I got a little smart, and while I had it stripped, I cut a hole on the plastic under the tank... Now I can change it with a socket and extension without removing pretty much everything!

its easy ive pulled mine in the field a few times with out removing anything. its a little tricky the first time but once you figure it out not bad at all. no real right or wrong way.

ENGINE:(57.87HP-LTP DYNO)12:1CP,STAGE 3 HOT CAM, PORT/POLISHED HEAD,HDD +3 TB, DMC AFTERBURNER FULL EXHAUST,PCV,MODQUAD K&N FILTER/MODIFIED AIR BOX,13T
SUSPENSION:ELKA STAGE 3 REAR STAGE 3 FRONT/HOUSER ARMS,L8TON SWAY BAR
ITP T-9 PROSERIES SKAT~TRACK EXTREAM HAULERS/MOHAWKS,RAZR/RAZR 2
ARMOR:PRO ARMOR FAT PEG NERF BARS
PRO ARMOR DOMINATOR FRONT BUMPER,PRM DESERT GRAB BAR,PRM FULL UNDER SKIDS,X-POSED SHOCK COVERS
CONTROL:PROTAPER EVO BARS,ODI GRIPS,TRAIL TECH HI-RISE BAR CLAMP,ALBA STEERING STABILIZER
LIGHTING:HID CONVERSION/LED ACCENT LIGHTS
LOOKS: AMR GRAPGICS/MAIER PLASTICS
post #10 of 19 Old 10-28-2010, 07:10 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Baxter
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceballos View Post

Please let me know more . I have big hands and on my second plug cap.
Please pm me some pics. I strip the 700xx after every round and this is a pain to me !

2008 TT-ReXX , 2003 400ex and 2014 CRF250r.
Products used, abused and loved from:
Ed at

Alex at

Jim at

Kyle at

With out these guys , it would not be as much fun.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode