pcv problems - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old 11-08-2010, 03:52 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
pcv problems

Ok recieved the pcv and hook it up to the injector, and spliced the yellow wire with blue stripe on the tb for the tps. Loaded a base map into the pcv and the quad will run for 2 seconds and die.
Any ideas? Did you have to zero out the tps sensor?

The best in the business
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

High Desert Dyno/Cuervo Racing
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Bo White 205-886-7043
Ed @

Chris & Mike

Last edited by boost addict; 11-08-2010 at 03:57 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 11-08-2010, 04:11 PM

Have you tried calibrating the TPS? You do this by clicking on "calibrate" then quickly push the thumb throttle to WOT and back and click on "ok". Also, do you see any lights on the PC5?

2006 Raptor 700
Yoshi RS-7 full, PCV, Pro Design Foam, EHS lid, Flexx bars, 2" Rox antivibe risers, ASV C/5 levers, Powermadds, CCP stabilizer, HDUSA i3500 +2 a-arms ST, Rap 700 SE front shocks revalved/resprung by Wiigstyle, Fox Podium X rear shock, DWT Drift rear beadlocks, Hiper front beadlocks, Pro Armor XC nerfs and Race grab bar, Tag Agro bumper and railer chassis skid, PRM 0.25" swingarm skid plate

My name is Iņigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die!!!
post #3 of 16 Old 11-08-2010, 04:41 PM Thread Starter

Green light is on. I will load the software on my laptop and then try calibrate the tps. I loaded it on my home pc like a dummy. I also did not think it was necessary, but have been wrong 100 times before.

The best in the business

Bo White 205-886-7043
Ed @

Chris & Mike

post #4 of 16 Old 11-08-2010, 04:44 PM

Also make sure you have the latest Power Commander software on your computer and maybe update the PC5 firmware while you are at it?

2006 Raptor 700
Yoshi RS-7 full, PCV, Pro Design Foam, EHS lid, Flexx bars, 2" Rox antivibe risers, ASV C/5 levers, Powermadds, CCP stabilizer, HDUSA i3500 +2 a-arms ST, Rap 700 SE front shocks revalved/resprung by Wiigstyle, Fox Podium X rear shock, DWT Drift rear beadlocks, Hiper front beadlocks, Pro Armor XC nerfs and Race grab bar, Tag Agro bumper and railer chassis skid, PRM 0.25" swingarm skid plate

post #5 of 16 Old 11-08-2010, 05:28 PM Thread Starter

All updates have been complete. I follow directions and calibrated with the enginge off, click reset open throttle 100% and close, clicked ok. Software led reads throttle @100% at idle?

The best in the business

Bo White 205-886-7043
Ed @

Chris & Mike
post #6 of 16 Old 11-08-2010, 05:41 PM

Mine did this yesterday when I recalibrated so I actually calibrated with the engine running. I mean if it stays running.

2006 Raptor 700

Last edited by rappyfreak; 11-08-2010 at 05:45 PM.
post #7 of 16 Old 11-08-2010, 05:46 PM

Another quick question because I don't know how it is setup on the xx but: Any way you can get the plugs mixed up? I mean on my rappy you can get the injector pug and the TPS plugged mixed and the PC5 does not work.

2006 Raptor 700

post #8 of 16 Old 11-08-2010, 06:15 PM Thread Starter

I called pc and they took remote access of the laptop. He had this thing purring in 5 minutes. The tps values were off, the stock voltage at 100% throttle is 4.4 volts, if it helps anybody in the furture. Map# M16-004-005 is the map i am using as a base tune, before the dyno tune.

The best in the business

Bo White 205-886-7043
Ed @

Chris & Mike
post #9 of 16 Old 11-08-2010, 06:17 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Rappy for your help! He reset the tps while the quad was runnung. The directions say to do it with the bike off lol.

The best in the business

Bo White 205-886-7043
Ed @

Chris & Mike
post #10 of 16 Old 11-09-2010, 12:10 AM

Yeah, I do it running like I said too. Glad you have it up and running! You're welcome for the help.

2006 Raptor 700

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode