drive chain adjustment - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 11-15-2010, 04:12 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
drive chain adjustment

ok im kinda newer to race quads so i wanna make sure i do everything at the right times and don't make a ignorant mistake and mess something big up. i always check to make sure the chain isnt too loose but in the book it gives how loose it is when it needs to be tightened. isnt it pretty straight forward to tighten it? loosen bolt, slide back then tighten?
thanks for the help and any other advice is super

2008 black/grey 700xx. moose nerfs and grab bar, pro armor front bumper, tusk 1 1/8" bars, spider grips, custom indicator light mount, ehs lid & programmer, uni filter,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 11-15-2010, 04:27 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It's extremely easy to adjust. You need something like a 17mm wrench on one side and a 24mm on the other, if memory serves (or a 12" crescent wrench if you're like most of us). Loosen the main through bolt with these wrenches, then turn the labeled cams to get your tension right. Then tighten. That will make more sense when you're looking at it, but the instructions in the owner's manual are pretty decent, if I remember correctly.

Tom

08 700XX (Gray, L8ton Racing Stealth Bumper, 13 tooth, 21" Razr2 fronts, stock rears, Precision Pro stabilizer, Fox Evols and Podium Xs, Teixeira Tech stock-length upper A-arms, Teixeira Tech stem, L8ton Racing 9/16ths sway bar, ProTaper Contour bar, Shock & Vibe clamps, EHS lid & programmer, HID headlights)

08 Outlander 800
08 Yamaha Big Bear 400 4x4
post #3 of 3 Old 11-15-2010, 06:38 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Baxter
Watch for wear marks on youre front sprocket. On the sides of the teeth. This will tell you if you aligned properly.Only seems I have had this problem.

2008 TT-ReXX , 2003 400ex and 2014 CRF250r.
Products used, abused and loved from:
Ed at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Alex at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jim at

Kyle at

With out these guys , it would not be as much fun.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode