Gear Shifting - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 11-17-2010, 09:46 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Gear Shifting

Here's my situation, I hope someone can help. I've got Alba nerf bars on both of my 700's because I kept running over my foot. Any way, I put them without any issues and they look bitchin'. I do a lot of riding through tumbleweeds, sage, etc up here in Northern Arizona. Even though I wear boots, I keep getting stickers, twigs and scraps from my knees on down. I finally broke down and got some Moose Racing riding boots. They fit really nice and are comfortable. Now the problem I have is that the boot tips are big and I can not shift gears like I used to. I now have to use the side of the boot sole shift gears.

Is it possible adjust the gear shift higher up so my boot can fit under it?

Shonie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Heckle: 2008 TRX 700xx - Lexx Slip-on, Lexx Programmer,K&N Air Filter, Alba Nerf Bars, Honda Racing Skid Plates

Jeckle: 2008 TRX 700xx - AC Racing Full Exhaust, EHS Programmer, K&N Air Filter, Honda Racing Skid Plates, Alba Nerf Bars, K&N Air Filter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 11-17-2010, 10:00 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Can you just loosen up your webbing? So that your boot will fit between the web and shift lever.
post #3 of 9 Old 11-17-2010, 10:23 AM
Sid

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
shonie777,
I had the same problem with my boots and did what "Red-N-BlackXXX" recommended. Worked great. If you don't like the excess straps hanging down just cut them shorter and melt the ends so they don't unravel
Sid

post #4 of 9 Old 11-17-2010, 10:32 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
If you can't or don't want to adjust your webbing... you can indeed move you shift lever up. I did this because I have PRM side bars... no webbing to adjust. Just take out the clamp screw... all the way out... slide the shift lever off the splines... slow so you can go up ONE spline and slide back on and put clamp screw back in and tighten. It will take a bit to get used to the lever being higher, but once you do, it will be like the lever has always been there.

roadkill

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
"You lock the door and throw away the key. There's someone in my head, but it's not me."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
R. Waters
x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

post #5 of 9 Old 11-17-2010, 10:41 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadkill View Post
If you can't or don't want to adjust your webbing... you can indeed move you shift lever up. I did this because I have PRM side bars... no webbing to adjust. Just take out the clamp screw... all the way out... slide the shift lever off the splines... slow so you can go up ONE spline and slide back on and put clamp screw back in and tighten. It will take a bit to get used to the lever being higher, but once you do, it will be like the lever has always been there.

roadkill
It's not the webbing in the nerf bars, it's just that I can't get my boot under the shift lever because it's way too low when I have my riding boots on.

Now that I know you can remove the gear shift and move it up, I will do that. Thanks!

Shonie

Heckle: 2008 TRX 700xx - Lexx Slip-on, Lexx Programmer,K&N Air Filter, Alba Nerf Bars, Honda Racing Skid Plates

Jeckle: 2008 TRX 700xx - AC Racing Full Exhaust, EHS Programmer, K&N Air Filter, Honda Racing Skid Plates, Alba Nerf Bars, K&N Air Filter
post #6 of 9 Old 11-17-2010, 10:46 AM

I did the same thing once I got riding boots. I have no nerfs, but I was having a tough time getting the boot under the lever even without them. I slid it up a notch. Just like Roadkill said, it took a bit to get used to, now I forget I did it.

Tom

08 700XX (Gray, L8ton Racing Stealth Bumper, 13 tooth, 21" Razr2 fronts, stock rears, Precision Pro stabilizer, Fox Evols and Podium Xs, Teixeira Tech stock-length upper A-arms, Teixeira Tech stem, L8ton Racing 9/16ths sway bar, ProTaper Contour bar, Shock & Vibe clamps, EHS lid & programmer, HID headlights)

08 Outlander 800
08 Yamaha Big Bear 400 4x4
post #7 of 9 Old 11-17-2010, 01:53 PM

Send a message via AIM to dagirl71
yup same thing here you forget after a ride or two!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Da Girl
Quit your whining get out and ride

When you strive to be like someone all you end up being is a good copy of a great original!!!Be your own GREAT ORIGINAL!!!
post #8 of 9 Old 11-17-2010, 07:39 PM

Undo the 10mm bolt that holds the shift lever on the shaft and take it off and turn it a notch or two to fit the boot. Easy fix in a couple of minutes. You don't even have to take the plastic off. Just reach behind it and take the bolt out.

'08 TRX 700xx
'07 Yamaha 660 Rhino Sport - Turbocharged
'01 Raptor 660- Sold.
post #9 of 9 Old 11-22-2010, 10:09 AM Thread Starter

Well I did the little adjustment and it worked perfectly! Thanks guys!

Shonie

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode