Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner

HMF or Barker

10K views 43 replies 19 participants last post by  Greg50Lt 
#1 ·
Ok, I finally am ordering parts for the quad. Had a $350 bill from Rockymountain and I ordered from 2 other sites as well. I really want to get an exhaust for the quad.

QUestions are:
Which of the 2 is louder based on all the options avaliable?
Which one puts out more power?
The HMF comes in a variety of styles (Comp, Performance, QRS I believe), what is the better of those 3 within the HMF?

My style of rideing is everything and anything. Woods, dirt, rocks, some street. I dont do any raceing on a track but would to try that out one day.

:thanks:for any input you guys/gal give.

#2 ·
I personally have a barkers, but I run the Quiet core in mine due to Noise regulations. Still Sounds very good and with the EHS big 3 kit is very affordable. From the other forums on this topic there isnt much of a Difference in the major exhaust companies as far as performance goes. Its all personal preformance really. This is all Just opininions though and I am sure someone else will have more to add.

#4 ·
I have the HMF sport full exhaust and love it. My friend had a 700xx with the Barkers on it and my HMF was louder than his exhaust. As far as I can tell performance gains between the two are about the same. I raced my friend a few times when he had his XX and it always came down to who had the better start. I've been told on a stock motor the differences are little but once you get into the motor the Barker, Alba, and Sparks are the better choices.

#5 ·
Seems that the barker would be a better choice. I like the look of both of them. Didn't like the comp hmf pipe as much as the other hmf. I'm still up in the air. Buying exhaust for my car was super hard. And this will be the toughest decision I make for the quad.

#6 ·
id say barker,, pluse it u get the ehs big 3 u get a really good map in the programmer

#7 ·
I have a HMF full for sale $175 + shipping !!!
Nothing wrong with it.

#8 ·
can u pm me the details im in the market for a new exhaust

#9 ·
I have said this before. I have the HMF comp full system and absolutley love it. Loud and responsive.

With that being said if I could do it over again I would buy the Barker's from EHS. Eric is a stand up guy that completely stands behind his products and provides great customer service. Knowning that someone with his knowledge and wiilingnees to help is worth the price for me.

My next exhaust will definitely be from EHS.

#11 ·
Sorry to hijack your thread bud and it was intended for you but, my exhaust and programmer already sold!!! Already have the money!!
Need to be faster!!! lol
Have other parts if interested!!

#12 ·
Hey its all good. Glad you sold your stuff though man.

#13 ·
so I have the hmf full sport exhaust I have owned it for about 6 months. My buddy just bought the Barkers a few weeks ago. The head pipe on the barkers is quite a bit bigger and is made of a solid piece of pipe and then bent. the HMF is a smaller initial piece wielded to another larger piece of pipe about 4-6inches down the pipe. If i had to do it over again I would buy the barkers, it looks great, it's not as loud as the HMF, but has a great tone. the only bad thing is that my buddy convinced me to buy the HMF a while back and then I gave him the info on the Barkers and he bought that one instead and now gloats about having the better pipe... anyways you can't really go wrong with either but barkers imo is the better pipe (and I own the HMF /facepalm)

#14 · (Edited)
Well thanks for the input. My buddy has the barker pipe and I really like it. He dosnt have the quiet core or anything and its pretty loud. If the HMF is louder then Ima go with the Barker. The question is how quiet can the barker get and how quiet can the HMF get? Is the barker that much better to justify the price difference? I found Full HMF for $478 and Barker for $610.

#21 ·
Can't tell you about how quiet the HFM can get... But my Barkers has been sound tested twice now. With the QC, I tested 92db and 94db... different places, but are supposed to be tested using the same procedures.

roodkill

#16 ·
I read its loud but what full exhaust that performs isn't loud. I'm thinking since I like the look of hmf performance full pipe that the barker would be better since I can get a silencer. And at 489 that makes the barker more desirable lol.

#17 ·
Barkers all the way! The barkers has a good tone on the XX too. Best route is get the EHS big three!

#18 ·
Tonight, Im going to pull the trigger and buy the barker full exhaust. Was going to buy the yosh from Scuzz but the wifey said that she wanted to contribute to the pipe as a xmas gift so...

#20 ·
thanks man. Now I wanna get some black rims and get my sway bar and Ill be set.

#22 ·
Sweet. I ordered the barker last night and got a confirmation email today. Ships out tomm. Oo0o yeah!!!

#23 ·
Well, IDK if Im being impatient but I wrote EHS racing a PM on here and sent them and email. They never sent me my confirmation email about the exhaust being shipped and my money is still pending in my account. I remember reading that Nash couldnt get an exhaust becuase they were sold out. Im starting to wonder that they wont write me back becuase they are sold out and my order is on hold.

#25 ·
Its all good. Glad you wrote me back. I wrote you a little bit ago about getting a quiet core.

#26 ·
Ok, so Im writing here to see if I can get some feedback to how your communication was with EHS.

I ordered on thursday afternoon. Got a confirmation email thursday night. Was like wow good stuff. Well the email said that I was supposed to get a confirmation email with shipping on friday. Did not recieve it so I sent EHS a email and PM on friday night. Took untill Tuesday for him to reply to the pm and still no email. I get that they had an issue. So its now Thursday and still no reply back to email and still have yet to get a cinfimation email with shipping info.

#28 ·
I hear nothing but great things about EHS and have never read anything negative about them on this site. I can't speak for EHS but when I ordered my exhaust "from another company" it took a few weeks for them to build and ship it to me, plus this time of year shipping is a lot slower than normal. From reading everyone else’s experience with EHS I would say they are doing everything they can to get you your exhaust as soon as possible.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.