Header - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 12-15-2010, 05:39 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Header

Ok this Saturday I will be going to a custom pipe builder so he can build me a header/mid pipe for my Supertrapp, he has a mandrel machine so it should be a real good job, will ask him if he could set it at 1.75 since our OEM is 1.5
If some of you are interested in this, let me know and I'll inform him of this and see if he can give us a good price. I know that some of you are like me, love the supertrapp exhaust and since Supertrapp are dragging their feet, figure that you could purchase their universal exhaust at
http://www.supertrapp.com/product_se...t.asp?CatID=30 and either go with the 1.75 or 1.5 or 2.0 which is what I have. Did talk with Supertrapp and they said the 17" exhaust would work perfectly. Had it on my bike until the OCC mid pipe started to leak and was running great prior of the leaks.

Supertrapp SL, Pro Design Filter, PCIII, PRM Baja Front Bumper, PRM 6 Pack Grab Bar, Ricochet A-Arm guards, 23" Front ITP Pro Series, Kenda Kutters XC on DWT Red Labels, Motion Pro Twist Throttle,Maier Plastics, Elkas Front Shocks (Preload)

Last edited by Nash04; 12-15-2010 at 05:42 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 12-15-2010, 07:58 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to bdr455
I want to see when it's done..

700xx
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

BruteForce 650i
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

400 Sport Polaris

300ex

post #3 of 12 Old 12-15-2010, 08:39 PM Thread Starter

I'll post some pictures once it's done.

Supertrapp SL, Pro Design Filter, PCIII, PRM Baja Front Bumper, PRM 6 Pack Grab Bar, Ricochet A-Arm guards, 23" Front ITP Pro Series, Kenda Kutters XC on DWT Red Labels, Motion Pro Twist Throttle,Maier Plastics, Elkas Front Shocks (Preload)

post #4 of 12 Old 12-24-2010, 02:55 PM Thread Starter

Just got it back and it looks sweet except that I have a small leak where it slips on the header but it's minor and fixable. The pipe is made of alluminized steel so it's light and will take a long time to corrode but if you have it heat coated then it will last for a very long time, at this moment I'm waiting for some Lava exhaust wrap. The pipe is 1 5/8" which the OEM is 1.5"

He made an extra one so he could have a template if somebody else would like the header. He did use my OEM flange since he did not have any stock ones but will order some. Will give me a price once he has everything setup. Since mine is an original one, obviously cost more which is normal.

Here are some pictures.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Header1.jpg (74.4 KB, 61 views)
File Type: jpg Header2.jpg (87.3 KB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg Header3.jpg (68.6 KB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg Header6.jpg (60.6 KB, 54 views)
File Type: jpg Header7.jpg (58.1 KB, 55 views)

post #5 of 12 Old 12-24-2010, 07:22 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
dude i can see why its leakin the bends dont match up. id sell that and get a barker or fmf

08 700XX PRM Six Pack Rack Hardline hour meter EHS EFI Controller EHS Lid with side vents Barker Full Exhaust Uni Air Filter alba nerfs elka stg4 fronts sti rims kutter front gbcxrex rear
post #6 of 12 Old 12-24-2010, 07:31 PM Thread Starter

Don't know where you are looking at but from the pictures displayed, you can not see where the header and exhaust connects, if you are looking at the pictures of the exhaust towards the front end, there's a smaller diameter pipe that slips over the header and that's where the leak is at and is very small and fixable. Sorry but didn't take a picture of it since it's in the bend area under the plastic shielding.

post #7 of 12 Old 12-24-2010, 07:33 PM Thread Starter

If you're looking at # 3 picture in front of the hangar, that pipe is welded. Also nothing against the Barker which is a great system but I prefer my Supertrapp since this is what I've been using on all my atv/motorcycles.

post #8 of 12 Old 12-24-2010, 11:35 PM

how much could i expect to be charged at an exhaust shop for this? i might look into doing this around here. i dont think its that bad except for where it connect to the muffler, and that could be cleaned up pretty easy. noticed any performance gains from it by the seat of your pants?
post #9 of 12 Old 12-25-2010, 06:54 AM Thread Starter

Basically it'll depend on if they are using a mandrell machine which will cost more and how much/time the tech puts into building it. As for power, haven't taken it out and am hoping that I'll be able to have Eric from EHS to dyno tune it this Thursday.

post #10 of 12 Old 12-25-2010, 02:25 PM

i wonder how hard it would be to make a bigger flange where it bolts up to the head so its a true 1 5/8 the whole way through. i think exhaust shops, some of them anyway, have blank flanges they can cut in a variety of sizes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode