User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 12-21-2010, 03:38 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Upgrade question?????

Hello everyone,

I am new to my 700xx and this forum. I'm reading about a hundred different upgrades for my machine like power rev box, TFI box, EFI optimizer, power programmer, performance chip, juice box. What exactly do I want?? Thanks much
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 12-21-2010, 03:56 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Baxter
If you are going to fit an aftermarket exhaust and Uni air filter then you need a EFI programmer. EHS Racing , a forum sponsor has a very good one .
If you are keeping everything stock then you don't need anything.

2008 TT-ReXX , 2003 400ex and 2014 CRF250r.
Products used, abused and loved from:
Ed at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Alex at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jim at

Kyle at

With out these guys , it would not be as much fun.
post #3 of 9 Old 12-21-2010, 03:57 PM

If you are planning on doing a lot of performance up grades now or in the future I would get a PCV (Power Commander) if you are just planning on light mods (exhaust, Filter, and programmer) go with EHS. I wouldn’t get a EFI controller until you have an after market exhaust, EHS has good deals for the “big 3”(exhaust, custom air box lid, and EFI controller)

post #4 of 9 Old 12-21-2010, 04:35 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to 700xxmaniac
i would do the programer even if u didnt have and other parts u get 2hp and ur engine will run alot better. i recomend the pc3 or pcv

08 TRX700XX
-uni
-primary drive 13t
-pclll
-soon to have a cp 11:1

99 ford f-250 ccsb 7.3

-skyjacker 6'' lift
- 315-75r16 pro comp xtarrain
-sct 100hp tune
-straight pipe with 4'' dp
-dana 60 swap with mile marker hubs

06 pos hyundia tuscon
-dont buy one there junk

live to ride and ride to live
post #5 of 9 Old 12-22-2010, 04:15 AM

Everyone Tosses in the PCV... I dont get why its always in the Mix.. and I mean No offense to anyone... But the PCV is just a PCIII with an optional (at cost) O2 self adjust (Autotune), the only way this works is if you have an Exhaust with an O2 bung welded into it and pay the 200ish for the Autotune sensor. PCIII is just as good and costs less.

There now thats off my Chest...

2008 TRX700XX
DWT Red label Wheels
Razer II tires
Fox Float Evol X Front Shocks
Fox Podium X Rears
Pro Armor Nerfs
Trail tech Bar clamps
Flexx Handle bars
Barker Exhaust
EHS Lid
EHS Programmer
Acerbis Uniko Handguards

2011 Can Am Commander 1000X
post #6 of 9 Old 12-22-2010, 04:48 AM

You have no clue what your talking about and I mean No offense to anyone!

1. It's smaller
2. no more 9v battery
3. 2 postion map switching (switch on the fly)
4. -100/+250% fuel change range (up from -100/+100%)
5. 10 throttle position columns (up from 9 on PCIIIusb)
6. auto tune
7. better base maps and product support
8. can be found for close to the same price as the pc3

Now that i got that off my chest

The best in the business

High Desert Dyno/Cuervo Racing

Bo White 205-886-7043
Ed @

Chris & Mike
post #7 of 9 Old 12-22-2010, 11:23 AM

Now that thats done.lol

i would recomend getting some nerfs or better heel guards first then big 3(ehs is very good) then a l8ton sway bar.

ENGINE:(57.87HP-LTP DYNO)12:1CP,STAGE 3 HOT CAM, PORT/POLISHED HEAD,HDD +3 TB, DMC AFTERBURNER FULL EXHAUST,PCV,MODQUAD K&N FILTER/MODIFIED AIR BOX,13T
SUSPENSION:ELKA STAGE 3 REAR STAGE 3 FRONT/HOUSER ARMS,L8TON SWAY BAR
ITP T-9 PROSERIES SKAT~TRACK EXTREAM HAULERS/MOHAWKS,RAZR/RAZR 2
ARMOR:PRO ARMOR FAT PEG NERF BARS
PRO ARMOR DOMINATOR FRONT BUMPER,PRM DESERT GRAB BAR,PRM FULL UNDER SKIDS,X-POSED SHOCK COVERS
CONTROL:PROTAPER EVO BARS,ODI GRIPS,TRAIL TECH HI-RISE BAR CLAMP,ALBA STEERING STABILIZER
LIGHTING:HID CONVERSION/LED ACCENT LIGHTS
LOOKS: AMR GRAPGICS/MAIER PLASTICS

Last edited by RemingtonSteel; 12-22-2010 at 11:27 AM.
post #8 of 9 Old 12-22-2010, 12:26 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
There are many many things that can be done to the 700xx and you'll find various opinions about what to do from the members here. Different upgrade options will depend largely on what kind of riding YOU want to set up for... trail, mx, xc, etc.

Personally, I rate upgrades on a priority list... as follows.
1. Safety... My safety first followed by protecting the quad... Things like nerf bars, bumper.
2. Handling... Things that make the quad handle better... Things like tires, steering damper, shocks, etc. A better handling quad is faster.
3. Performance... Things like exhaust, efi controller, air flow (big 3)... this area is wide open... from no motor mods to max motor mods.
4. Bling.... Things that just make the quad look good... Graphics kits, etc.

When it comes down to it.. Mods come down to personal preference for the individual rider and the riding they do... also a big factor will be $$.

roadkill

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
"You lock the door and throw away the key. There's someone in my head, but it's not me."

R. Waters
x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

post #9 of 9 Old 12-22-2010, 02:18 PM

I agree with roadkill safety first nerf bars kill switch etc then definitely handling i recommend the l8ton swaybar in my opinion best upgrade for your money that will make the 700 faster
The thing about the power commanders or juice box etc is that unles you are going to upgrade your engine further i dont believe they are cost effective for the performance that they give
if all you are doing is going full race pipe or just slip on and air filter than you dont need it unless you want to extract all the gain you can from them but you need to ask is the 300 dollars worth getting another 2 or 4 bhp gain yes you will know for sure that your machine is fuelling corectly but only if you get a power commander and do a bespoke map
speaking out of experience and doing the dyno runs the air fuel ratio was not a million miles out and would certainly not cause any damage to your engine if all you were to do was add a pipe or end can and foam filter open air box
the stock honda efi managed it all very well and these tests were done with an independant dyno tuner and my own time and expense but thats how you learn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode