NOS on the XX - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 Old 01-08-2011, 01:43 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
NOS on the XX

I want to weigh all possibilities before making my decision. I will be upgrading my bike to make around 60hp and trying figure out if I want to go into the motor or add NOS. To have someone go into my motor to make 60hp is going to cost around $2000.00. To add a 20hp shot of NOS is going to cost me $500.00. My main concern is, how safe is the NOS for my engine. I would like to get some of your opinions on what i should do.

Thanks in advance for you input.

08 700xx -EHS Big 3, 13T sprocket, l8ton Sway Bar, uni filter, ODI lock on grips, & Tusk gas cap
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 Old 01-08-2011, 03:10 PM

My friend runs a pro comp normally asperated nitrous drag bike and when you look at his engine its had serious work done to it just make full advantage on the nitrous its not just as simple as bolting on a cheap nitrous kit and expecting reliable power theres alot of factors to achieving your 20 hp gain
firstly how are you going to add the extra fuel needed to the engine when using the nitrous our 700s are fuel injected not carbs and run that engine lean with nitrous and you might as well put a cutting torch to it
you will need to uprate your clutch so as not to incurr slip
also the electrical system ie the spark usually needs upgrading
lastly the down side to nitrous is its all over in a matter of seconds as that little bottle doesnt last long and as it gets less full the pressures alter which in turn also lessens the power hit you think your going to get
brilliant for drag racing on large engines but why on earth would you want it on a quad
i would look at it like this its not the 2000 your going to spend on the engine its the 500 you would save by not wasting your time going the nitrous route

take care and good luck whatever you choose
post #3 of 28 Old 01-08-2011, 06:18 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Adding the extra fuel is easily compensated for by using a wet kit, you can run a 20 shot all day long with no issues provided it is properly installed, A 2.5 lb bottle will give you about 10-12 good 300' passes, I would recommend going to an aftermarket piston...look at boss noss, very reliable and I am sure they have a kit for the XX.....Jeremy is a great guy and can answer all your questions.

734 09 Raptor
Meglodon by Bo,KW springs, Web 4 Cam, 54mm TB, 105.5mm CP cylinder, 14:1 CP,Barkers Inframe,Dynatek Coil,PC V,Dynatek Programable ignition,CCP stabilizer,+5 swinger,Boss Noss Sys, Direct Drive Lock-up, KDS Evac valve,HID Light conversion,SPAL fan
Tuned by EHS Racing 78hp 55Tq

post #4 of 28 Old 01-08-2011, 09:46 PM

here's a link to joker racing and there boss nitro kit..
http://www.jokersracing.com/content-...os_bottle.html

prm 1 pc skid plate
prm edge "700xx logo" bumper
prm wayne matlock rear grab/toolbox
moose racing nerfs(rhino sprayed)
maxxis razr & maxxis razr2 tires
powered by THC
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 28 Old 01-09-2011, 10:15 AM
Sid

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
420quadracer360,
I am not interested in a NOS Kit for my TRX700XX but that link has some nice after market items for the machine. The grab bars, front bumpers and other items are really nice. Thanks for the link.
Sid
post #6 of 28 Old 01-09-2011, 02:07 PM

The 700xx has a stock forged piston, so you should be good.
Bottles are for babies

The best in the business
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

High Desert Dyno/Cuervo Racing

Bo White 205-886-7043
Ed @

Chris & Mike
post #7 of 28 Old 01-09-2011, 02:13 PM

im thinking a nitrous kit is going to cost more than 500 properly installed but hey its your bike

one thing you need to consider is if its not properly installed and the motor detonates you could be out more than 2k to fix it

08 trx700xx lot's O mod's
08 ktm 525xc modded
08 yamaha 450 lightly modded
05 grizzly 660SE (sold)
11 rzr s (sold) and missed

sponsors:
Manford Auto Supply (NAPA)

Teixeira Tech:

L8aton Racing:

Fox Racing:

powermadd:

WAR doesn't determine who's right just who's left
post #8 of 28 Old 01-09-2011, 07:11 PM

I wouldn't go to jokers racing if I were you Sid. Look at their prices. They are more expensive on everything. My guess is they act as a middle man take your order for a higher price then just order your parts from the manufacturer. Just go straight to the source and save some $$$$

Port and Polishing w/ +1 Valves by Illinois Powersports
11:1 CP 715cc Big Bore Piston
290 Web Cam
+3 Throttle Body
PCV Tuned by Illinois Powersports
61.52 HP 48.24 TQ

Special Thanks To
Illinois Powersports
630-365-6722

post #9 of 28 Old 01-09-2011, 07:19 PM
Sid

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Crash21,
Thanks, that's a good point. I'm always up for saving money.
Sid

Last edited by Sid; 01-09-2011 at 08:43 PM.
post #10 of 28 Old 01-10-2011, 08:51 AM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by boost addict View Post
Bottles are for babies
Thats ok jody....I can beat you without it.

734 09 Raptor
Meglodon by Bo,KW springs, Web 4 Cam, 54mm TB, 105.5mm CP cylinder, 14:1 CP,Barkers Inframe,Dynatek Coil,PC V,Dynatek Programable ignition,CCP stabilizer,+5 swinger,Boss Noss Sys, Direct Drive Lock-up, KDS Evac valve,HID Light conversion,SPAL fan
Tuned by EHS Racing 78hp 55Tq
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode