User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 Old 01-19-2011, 03:39 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Xstriker
Trail Tech Vapor Question

So my buddy and I installed my TTV last week, it is not giving a readout on the engine temp and the rpm readout seems to have issues. I'm wondering if anybody else has installed one on the XX and what tweaks you did to make it work right.

08 TRX 700XX
HMF Full Performance Exhaust
EHS Programmer
11/16 L8ton Swaybar
Skat~Trak Haulers 20X10X10
ITP T-9 Pro Series Wheel 10X7 4.0 + 3.0 Polished
Alba Pro Elite Nerfs
Trail Tech Vapor Speedo/odom
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 Old 01-20-2011, 08:43 AM

It doesn't read engine temp till the water is 100. It takes it awhile to warm up. If that doesn't work you will have to send it back, my first one had a bad temp sensor . The engine rpm you have to play with the numbers and I will have to look what those are.
post #3 of 20 Old 01-21-2011, 04:45 PM

I struggled with the rpm readout for A LONG TIME!!!!!!!!! What I finally ended up doing was getting a tach lead from Trail Tech for a Raptor, they have a resistor built in to them to subdue the tach reading to a readable signal. I then tapped into the coil wire right at the ecm. It would be much easier to tap into this very same wire back at the coil, but I was tired of screwing around with it, so I just tapped the wire right by the ecm.
I had ZERO luck trying to wrap the tach lead wire around the plug wire and get anything close to a useable readout.
I don't remember what PPR setting I ended up using, but if you hook it up like described above, it shouldn't be too hard to figure out which reading is accurate.
Jason

2008 TRX700XX Black/Red
Mods:
Trail Tech Vapor with Riser
Pro Taper Contour mid-bend ATV bars
ODI Rogue Grips
FX Hot Start lever on the bars for Reverse Lever with a custom cable made with a bicycle cable
Pro Armour FatPeg Nerfs
Pro Armour Bullhorn front bumper
PRM rear grab bar
PRM .190 full skid plate
Pro Design K&N Intake
EHS Fuel programmer
EHS/Barker Full Exhaust, Blacked out
22" Razr2 fronts
22" Razr rears
DS450 front reservoir shocks
L8ton 11/16 Sway bar

post #4 of 20 Old 01-21-2011, 06:32 PM
Sid

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Xstrker,
Contact the company tech support. I'm sure they will assist you. Could even be some new upgrades or "Tech" Bulletins.
Good Luck.
Sid
post #5 of 20 Old 01-27-2013, 07:10 PM

Has anyone ever figured out if you just have to change the ppr number? I have my signal wire for the tach inside the connector on the coil. The ground is ran to where the engine mount bolts to the frame. My readings are erratic and too high...

2008 trx700xx grey & black fmf titanium 4 full system air box lid mia dynojet pc III tuned by me. Trailtech vapor with a custom dashboard I built. Hardly ridden yet...
post #6 of 20 Old 02-01-2013, 09:54 AM

Bump

2008 trx700xx grey & black fmf titanium 4 full system air box lid mia dynojet pc III tuned by me. Trailtech vapor with a custom dashboard I built. Hardly ridden yet...
post #7 of 20 Old 02-01-2013, 03:15 PM

Send a message via MSN to Snoshoe Send a message via Skype™ to Snoshoe
If it is anything like the one on my kids bike you need to measure the diamiter* of the tire with the sensor, and imput it in the 'puter. when my sons started getting eratic readings it was because the sensor wire was frayed and grounding out. I spiced it and it worked fine again. Check the wire for breaks or cuts.

2008 TRX700xx
13Tfront
Kenda Bear Claws 23x8x11
Custom 2" receiver
2007 Honda Forman TRX500es (wifes)
54" Moose plow (for the horse poo)
rear seat/ strorage box
Ground Hog Disk harrow kit
2x 2009 Kawasaki KFX 90 (kids)
PEI fog lights
"If your face isn't dirty, you haven't been riding." Daughter age 10 (riding style, 2 speeds, full out and off)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Its amazing how far a KFX 90 will fly if you go fast. 15' is her current record.
post #8 of 20 Old 02-03-2013, 09:53 PM

It's a brand new wire..... And I'm talking about my tachometer, not my speedometer... I first had it run to my injector plug that the power commander piggybacked on and had the ground ran to the negative on my battery. So I thought it was an issue where I ran the lead, so I pulled my ign. Coil wire and ran it in the connector, same thing. So I emailed trail tech and they said the ground has to grounded on its own to the frame. So I pulled my left aluminum top motor mount cleaned the frame behind it and put my tach ground there. It is still inaccurate and erratic....

post #9 of 20 Old 02-04-2013, 03:52 PM

Send a message via MSN to Snoshoe Send a message via Skype™ to Snoshoe
I had a simple eltronic tack for my snowmobile with a similar problem. the tack wire can not be run next to any other wire. the current from ajacent wires was messing it up. it was a cheap tack though.

2008 TRX700xx
13Tfront
Kenda Bear Claws 23x8x11
Custom 2" receiver
2007 Honda Forman TRX500es (wifes)
54" Moose plow (for the horse poo)
rear seat/ strorage box
Ground Hog Disk harrow kit
2x 2009 Kawasaki KFX 90 (kids)
PEI fog lights
"If your face isn't dirty, you haven't been riding." Daughter age 10 (riding style, 2 speeds, full out and off)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Its amazing how far a KFX 90 will fly if you go fast. 15' is her current record.
post #10 of 20 Old 02-05-2013, 10:45 AM

Do you have the wire with the resistor? If not call TrailTech & order one (as you need that resistor) & tap to coil. I don't recall off hand which PPR number to use but it's in the install manual for the TRX.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode