User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 35 Old 01-27-2011, 08:16 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to smo0oth1
Gotta love getting new parts. Vortex ECU

One of a few parts that will be going on a new build in the next few months. I'll have a few new parts to showcase in the next week or so and will post up as I get them.

I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 Old 01-27-2011, 08:17 PM

whoa are you the first to get a vortex?
post #3 of 35 Old 01-27-2011, 08:22 PM

Congrats, I can’t wait to see everyone’s builds come together. It's cool we are all doing something a little different from each other; we will be able to find out what works and what doesn’t.

HDD BUILT...EVERYONE ELSE IS RACING FOR SECOND
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

08 Black/Red XX - Sparks big core exhaust, FCI custom intake with K&N, Webb 290 cam, White Knuckle 727cc big bore, CP 13:1 piston, Cuervo Racing +2 head, 48mm Lectron carb, MSD ignition, MSD coil 68HP/53TQ FOR SALE

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(DL700)
Jody (Boost Addict)

post #4 of 35 Old 01-27-2011, 08:37 PM

Smooth... When i emailed them 2 months ago and they told me you could only add 12% fuel to their maps, which were made for a big 3 700xx. They then told me the software to make bigger changes was 900.00 extra. It did win the Baja 1000 this year though. Did you purchase the software?

The best in the business

High Desert Dyno/Cuervo Racing

Bo White 205-886-7043
Ed @

Chris & Mike
post #5 of 35 Old 01-27-2011, 08:56 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by boost addict View Post
Smooth... When i emailed them 2 months ago and they told me you could only add 12% fuel to their maps, which were made for a big 3 700xx. They then told me the software to make bigger changes was 900.00 extra. It did win the Baja 1000 this year though. Did you purchase the software?
The maps can be manually adjusted +/- 12%, You can also build your own base maps as well. For most builds the supplied maps are more than adequate and can actually support cams and higher comp pistons as well. I'd spoke with them off and on over the past year and would have had one 8-9 months ago if I hadn't stepped away as I did for awhile.
The software is $250.00 and I will be ordering it Monday. If anyone else were to purchase a Vortex ECU I would be willing to ship the laptop with my software installed for $50.00 rental. I know it's kinda shitty to rent it but at the cost I'd need to recoup a few bucks. I downloaded the trial software and have spoken to a Canadian tuner that uses it and it well beyond PCIII software.
I know some will quack about the price of both the ECU and software but I'm sure in time it will decline. If you look at what you get with the ECU though it's not all that bad. You get a complete ECU, not a piggyback unit. Within this you can adjust rev limits, fuel and timing. At this time no one even makes a plug in module for the timing. Another plus is the user controls, You get the best of both worlds that you get with a PCIII and dobek. You can build custom maps and manually adjust them on the go which both others offer but not together. I could go on and on but I'll just answer questions the best I can, The Vortex may not be for everyone but I'm sold it's what I need to get the best out of what ever parts I put together.

I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.

Last edited by smo0oth1; 01-27-2011 at 08:58 PM.
post #6 of 35 Old 01-27-2011, 09:06 PM

Smooth you really don't want that vortex its no good. You should sell it to me for 1/2 price to recoup some of your money.

08 raptor 700
post #7 of 35 Old 01-27-2011, 09:14 PM

I might have purchased the Vortex when i switched from the dobeck to the pcv, but the price scared me away. I looked back at the email it was 800.00 AUD? Can't wait to see how your build turns out with the timing added.

PROGRAMMING HARDWARE KIT (ECU):- AUD$249 retail
ECU SOFTWARE :- AUD$550 (includes 1 BASE MAP For start of development)

Additional Base Maps : AUD$200 each model

So far we have won the Baja 1000 witha DRI backed quad and also the Australian Safari (mini Dakar) with our locally sponsored rider.

The best in the business

High Desert Dyno/Cuervo Racing

Bo White 205-886-7043
Ed @

Chris & Mike
post #8 of 35 Old 01-27-2011, 09:32 PM

Hmmmm... I think you should sponsor me!
post #9 of 35 Old 01-27-2011, 09:41 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by boost addict View Post
I might have purchased the Vortex when i switched from the dobeck to the pcv, but the price scared me away. I looked back at the email it was 800.00 AUD? Can't wait to see how your build turns out with the timing added.

PROGRAMMING HARDWARE KIT (ECU):- AUD$249 retail
ECU SOFTWARE :- AUD$550 (includes 1 BASE MAP For start of development)

Additional Base Maps : AUD$200 each model

So far we have won the Baja 1000 witha DRI backed quad and also the Australian Safari (mini Dakar) with our locally sponsored rider.
It ran me $715.51 shipped. The software should be a little less than 260 shipped

post #10 of 35 Old 01-27-2011, 10:15 PM

i can geet mine for 600 shipped and the engine builder who is going to do my quad is going to purchase the software for once living in australia something is cheaper
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode