The big 3 mods etc... sound/cold Weather ? - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 Old 01-31-2011, 06:45 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The big 3 mods etc... sound/cold Weather ?

Seriously thinkin of getting the ehs big 3 set up along with maybe a 13t sprocket. I am curious on a couple things. I've been reading ALOT on here an.. does anyone run the big three in really cold temps? I ride snowmobile trails in the winter most of our rides are anywhere from 30 to 80 miles. We just did a ride a couple weeks ago where we did 70 miles an it was only 11 degrees out. Does anyone run the big 3 in these kind of extreme temps? Really worried about it leaning out on me. Also, am worried about sound, I know the barkers has a quiet core but.. how does it sound? I had an FMF q4 on my old honda 4stroke dirtbike an liked the sound nice an quiet. My buddy has the full muzzy on his kfx an it sounds AWESOME! Thanks for any input!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 Old 01-31-2011, 06:51 PM

if you have the programmer, running lean shouldn't be a problem no matter what the temp is. check your plug and if it looks a little lean with the settings you have, bump it up .5 if its that cold.
post #3 of 29 Old 01-31-2011, 06:53 PM

If you don't have any problems leaning out on a stock bike in the cold then i doubt you'll have any problems with the EHS setup leaning out too much. If it does run a little lean you can always call Eric and ask him what to change in order to fatten it up a little. The Barker pipe is LOUD but sounds killer! The Best sounding exhaust for this bike as far as i'm concerned. The FMF's are quieter but won't give you the power the Barker will. I say pull the trigger and get the EHS setup. You won't regret it!

post #4 of 29 Old 01-31-2011, 07:05 PM Thread Starter

I know Eric from EHS says that all the FI quads have a temp sensor an fattens the stock map up on colder temps (which it should) But, is that really enough? Also, the last thing I wanna be doing is throttle chopping when it's 5 degrees out! I had a canam renegade an... didn't wanna deal with the pcv an autotune an all that crap (no local dyno shops around). If the EHS is a simple bolt on mod an they can gaurentee me that down to about 5 degrees (any colder an I don't wanna ride) it's more than safe to run I'm sold. I just want something I can bolt on an not worry about an still be as reliable as stock. I do close to 5-600 miles in the winter on the sled trails, nothing like screaming a groomed sled trail at 50 an sliding the corners.
post #5 of 29 Old 01-31-2011, 07:06 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
the barker sounds alright with the quiet core in it. i run mine at a statepark for the first time since ive owned it which is a year now. with out it the people that live near by always call the gamewarden because they think its somebody shooting a gun

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
08 700XX PRM Six Pack Rack Hardline hour meter EHS EFI Controller EHS Lid with side vents Barker Full Exhaust Uni Air Filter alba nerfs elka stg4 fronts sti rims kutter front gbcxrex rear
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 29 Old 01-31-2011, 07:07 PM Thread Starter

also, how does the barkers sound with the quiet core in? I know without it at 103dbs I'll get a ticket around here/tick alot of people off.
post #7 of 29 Old 01-31-2011, 07:08 PM

Well i don't ride mine when it's that cold. So i can't say from experience but i think you'll be fine. Might have to push a few buttons to fatten it up but it's really no big deal.
post #8 of 29 Old 01-31-2011, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manchvegas View Post
I know Eric from EHS says that all the FI quads have a temp sensor an fattens the stock map up on colder temps (which it should) But, is that really enough? Also, the last thing I wanna be doing is throttle chopping when it's 5 degrees out! I had a canam renegade an... didn't wanna deal with the pcv an autotune an all that crap (no local dyno shops around). If the EHS is a simple bolt on mod an they can gaurentee me that down to about 5 degrees (any colder an I don't wanna ride) it's more than safe to run I'm sold. I just want something I can bolt on an not worry about an still be as reliable as stock. I do close to 5-600 miles in the winter on the sled trails, nothing like screaming a groomed sled trail at 50 an sliding the corners.

i havent personally tested it in 5 degree weather it dont get that cold very often in nc i have tried it on the dyno in 35-40 degree weather by opening my shop up and compared it to something when it was hot out and it stayed right in the ball park but 5 degrees is somthing harder to test. you can fatten up the map in 10 seconds with the controller if your worried worst thing that will happen is it will get a little slugish but more than likely you can make more power and it will handle the fuel well if it doesnt have a high moisture content in the air.

post #9 of 29 Old 01-31-2011, 08:22 PM

You'll be fine in the cold, the stock xx is more lean than with the EHS big 3 and I road for hours in 20 degree weather last year. I would be riding this winter with the big 3 but we have 18" of snow and I'm still waiting on my rear shocks.

2008 red TRX700, CCP stabilizer, PRM Desert II, 13T sprocket, 23" Razr 2's, 11/16" sway bar,Elka Stage 2 Fronts, EHS Big 3, UNI filter, IMS PowerMadd Hand Guards, Wiigstyle rear shock re-spring, Teixeira Tech front upper A-arms,Precision Shock & Vibe clamps, Tusk Chub CR high bend, ODI Rouge grips, HCC seat cover, kenda kutter rear.

2010 camo Polaris Sportsman 850
post #10 of 29 Old 01-31-2011, 09:19 PM Thread Starter

so how exactly do you "fatten it up in ten seconds" you just push some buttons to add fuel? Is it possible to take too much fuel away with the EHS controller? Like I said some people with real world experience would be great. An... having the equipment not even tested in extreme conditions doens't give me a warm an fuzzy either. I don't know about anyone else but I ride anywhere from 0 to 90 degrees an wish for a product with R+D to prove it works in all conditions but yet it's always us that do all the R+D it seems.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode