looking at a used 08 advice - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old 02-01-2011, 03:19 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
looking at a used 08 advice

Hey, I know I'm new here but.. I'm lookin at a used 700xx that's on CL right now, it's an 08 he bought it 2 years ago next month as a leftover, says he's only got 30 hours on it. My question is... is there anything to really look for on these quads specific to the 700xx? From what I've been reading they seem to be pretty reliable, not like lookin at a polaris. Also, what is the base factory warranty on the 700xx, as like I said, the kid bought it 2 years ago next month. Thanks for any advice
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 02-01-2011, 03:38 PM

They only have a 1 year warranty. If it still has the original Dunflops and the plastics are in good shape(not alot of scratches) Then it probably only has 30 hours on it. I would just check it out real good. Is there pic.'s? I'll take a look at it if so.
post #3 of 15 Old 02-01-2011, 04:38 PM

Things i would look for and the list i made when i purchased my used 700xx

1- cv boots
2 -oil
3-spark plug
4-air filter & box
5-intake tubing for dirt
6-make sure it's cold during start-up
7 -no visible nuts or bolts missing
8- do they have the title

The best in the business
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

High Desert Dyno/Cuervo Racing
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Bo White 205-886-7043
Ed @

Chris & Mike

post #4 of 15 Old 02-01-2011, 05:31 PM Thread Starter

the kid sent me a bunch of pics, an I know they are recent cuz he sent me them on his phone an I asked him what to take pictures of. it looks brand new with the original dunlops, an the plastics are all in good condition but... he has a million stupid stickers on the thing. That list seems to be pretty much the things to look for on any quad. He sent me one pic that I was kinda concerned about cuz... the rear driveshafts aren't black, they look like they have surface rust on em, but the exhaust doens't which I thought was kinda wierd. He said he stored it indoors for a year an a half an the past six months he's been keeping it on his farmers porch. cuz he moved an doesn't have a garage anymore. Does anyone elses have surface rust on em? if it wasn't such a screaming deal I would pass it up, he's only asking 3500.
post #5 of 15 Old 02-01-2011, 05:40 PM

make sure the handlebars are good and straight, its easy to tell if a xx has been rolled b/c the steering stems will bend. If the handlebars are cockeyed, then its been rolled. Make sure to check the air box, oil (color and level), look at the teeth on the front sprocket, they shouldnt be sharp at all if it only has 30 hrs. Usually after looking over it after 30 secs, go with your gut feeling. $3500 is a hell of a deal, does it have any aftermarket parts?

Reply from 192.168.13.100: bytes=32 time=16275001ms TTL=128
post #6 of 15 Old 02-01-2011, 05:40 PM

That's what i paid for mine. If it's in good condition, it's a steal at that price.

The best in the business

High Desert Dyno/Cuervo Racing

Bo White 205-886-7043
Ed @

Chris & Mike
post #7 of 15 Old 02-01-2011, 05:41 PM

I don't have any rust on mine
post #8 of 15 Old 02-01-2011, 05:45 PM

no rust here either, dont let that scare you away, light surface rust on the drive shaft imo will fix itself after a good ride. After that first ride keep her sprayed down with a light lube, i use tire foam (sounds crazy but works like a champ)

Look for rust near the welds, engine and bolt heads

Reply from 192.168.13.100: bytes=32 time=16275001ms TTL=128
post #9 of 15 Old 02-01-2011, 07:26 PM

My lower front A arms got rusty pretty quickly, and I store it in a shed or garage.

2008 red TRX700, CCP stabilizer, PRM Desert II, 13T sprocket, 23" Razr 2's, 11/16" sway bar,Elka Stage 2 Fronts, EHS Big 3, UNI filter, IMS PowerMadd Hand Guards, Wiigstyle rear shock re-spring, Teixeira Tech front upper A-arms,Precision Shock & Vibe clamps, Tusk Chub CR high bend, ODI Rouge grips, HCC seat cover, kenda kutter rear.

2010 camo Polaris Sportsman 850
post #10 of 15 Old 02-01-2011, 07:29 PM

What everybody else said plus: CV joints for slop, brakes, and wheel bearings. If it is only 30 hrs, shouldn't be an issue with any of those unless it has had it rough.

KASH 2011
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode