Hmf & fmf - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 42 Old 02-06-2011, 04:29 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hmf & fmf

I'm going to be getting the hmf competiton exhaust, does it matter if I use an fmf programmer?

08 TRX700XX Silver/black, Uni air filter,L8ton racing 11/16" sway bar, 13t sprocket, Kenda kutters all the way around, Pro taper high bend bars, Powermadd hand guards, FMF powercore 4 with FMF powerbomb header, EHS programmer, EHS air box lid, Alba pro ellite nerf bars and bumper
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 42 Old 02-06-2011, 05:56 PM

Nope they are just a dobeck with a fmf or hmf sticker on it! Mine says EHS racing on it.
post #3 of 42 Old 02-06-2011, 08:21 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to bdr455
Quote:
Originally Posted by holy700xx View Post
I'm going to be getting the hmf competiton exhaust, does it matter if I use an fmf programmer?
I would like to know how you like the HMF setup... are you going w/ a full or slip on?

700xx
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

BruteForce 650i
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

400 Sport Polaris

300ex

post #4 of 42 Old 02-06-2011, 08:54 PM Thread Starter

I would like to go with a full but just can't afford it so slip on it is.

08 TRX700XX Silver/black, Uni air filter,L8ton racing 11/16" sway bar, 13t sprocket, Kenda kutters all the way around, Pro taper high bend bars, Powermadd hand guards, FMF powercore 4 with FMF powerbomb header, EHS programmer, EHS air box lid, Alba pro ellite nerf bars and bumper
post #5 of 42 Old 02-06-2011, 08:58 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red-N-BlackXX View Post
Nope they are just a dobeck with a fmf or hmf sticker on it! Mine says EHS racing on it.
So the settings are all the same?

post #6 of 42 Old 02-06-2011, 09:06 PM

I would highly consider the PCV over the dobeck controller. I had a lot of problems with my fmf(dobeck) programmer. just my 2 cents

Renthal 13t sprocket, FMF powercore + Powerbomb header,PCV, UNI, Pro Armor Fat Peg nerf bars & Skid, PRM Baja Front bumper, AC 6-pack rack, Renthal Handle bars, 6K Xenons, Kenda Kutters XC, Acerbis Uniko, ODI Grips
post #7 of 42 Old 02-06-2011, 09:23 PM

Hmf

I have the HMF full Bill Ballance system and it is very offensive and anti social period. I like it loud and this system delivers. I run the HMF controller and have had no problems with it.

Rememper if you buy a Commander, its just not about downloading maps and then go riding you still need to dyno the quad to get the most out of it

HMF Bill Ballance full system with HMF controller, Pro design Filter and billet adaptor,
Fox Evolve Gen 2 with Houser +.75 arms,
Fox Podiums with Shock Pro skull covers,
OMF re-enforced front and rear with Kenda XCF up front and of course Kenda Kutter's on the rear,
Trail Tec bars, clamps and dash.
ASV Lever,
Braided lines and billet clamps,
Moto Active nerfs and Bumper,
AMF Graphics

OZlink gets his Kutters from me
post #8 of 42 Old 02-06-2011, 09:23 PM Thread Starter

What kind of problems?

post #9 of 42 Old 02-06-2011, 10:47 PM

Fouled spark plugs, back firing, blue flames out of exhaust, and trouble starting up quad. I did different settings but none seemed to work. Im just sharing my experience and not saying they are not any good. Switched to the PCV and none of these problems occurred ever again. In my opinion the dobeck controllers seem cheap compared to the PCV. If you have the extra bucks I would save myself the troubles and get the PCV from the start. I wish I had done that from the beginning.

Renthal 13t sprocket, FMF powercore + Powerbomb header,PCV, UNI, Pro Armor Fat Peg nerf bars & Skid, PRM Baja Front bumper, AC 6-pack rack, Renthal Handle bars, 6K Xenons, Kenda Kutters XC, Acerbis Uniko, ODI Grips
post #10 of 42 Old 02-06-2011, 11:05 PM

Send a message via MSN to Xstriker
not to downplay chubby's experience but if your not planning on modding the shit out of your bike (getting into the motor) your fine with the dobek, buy it from ehs so eric can help you with it and you'll be golden. my only issues were user related but were easily fixed once I figured out how to read the directions lol...

08 TRX 700XX
HMF Full Performance Exhaust
EHS Programmer
11/16 L8ton Swaybar
Skat~Trak Haulers 20X10X10
ITP T-9 Pro Series Wheel 10X7 4.0 + 3.0 Polished
Alba Pro Elite Nerfs
Trail Tech Vapor Speedo/odom
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode