Popping & stalling at full throttle? - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 02-07-2011, 12:25 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Popping & stalling at full throttle?

My 700 starts popping, back firing, & sometimes stalling when I'm at WOT. It idles and runs fine at lower RPM. It didn't do it one day but the next it did. I have a full FMF exhaust(powerbomb/4.1), EHS lid kit, EHS controller, & UNI filter. Did the programmer act up on me?

2008 TRX700XX Black on Black(the fastest one), Pro Armor Fat Peg Nerfs, Moose V-Front Bumper, EHS Lid Kit, EHS Controller, UNI Filter, FMF Powerbomb/Factory 4.1 Exhaust, Trail Tech Computer/Bar clamp, Trail Tech High Rise X bars, ODI Lock-On Grips, & Powermadd Handguards

Future Mods: ITP 10" rims Black & RAZR IIs on all fours

2006 Rincon 680 - 25" Mud Lite XTRs, Warn XT25 winch, Exhaust tip

Future mods: Fuel Controller, EHS Lid, Uni Filter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 02-07-2011, 02:58 PM

what settings are you running on your controller? sounds like you need to adjust your high rpm (red) setting...
post #3 of 6 Old 02-07-2011, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtheandrew View Post
what settings are you running on your controller? sounds like you need to adjust your high rpm (red) setting...
That’s what I was thinking or maybe some bad gas or spark plug.

HDD BUILT...EVERYONE ELSE IS RACING FOR SECOND
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

08 Black/Red XX - Sparks big core exhaust, FCI custom intake with K&N, Webb 290 cam, White Knuckle 727cc big bore, CP 13:1 piston, Cuervo Racing +2 head, 48mm Lectron carb, MSD ignition, MSD coil 68HP/53TQ FOR SALE

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(DL700)
Jody (Boost Addict)

post #4 of 6 Old 02-07-2011, 03:14 PM

yeah... check your plug. sounds to me like its a little lean at high rpms. bump up the red setting by .5 or 1 and see if it helps at all. if it makes it worse, go the other way.
post #5 of 6 Old 02-07-2011, 03:31 PM

1. see if the lights are on when the bike is running
(makes sure the controller is still ok at least getting power or the ground didnt come loose)
2. add some fuel to the red like suggested shouldnt off needed unless it was takin down i have seen them get bumped during riding if they were placed where they can get squished or something of that sort.
3. it could be a fuel delivery issue like plugged filter etc where there just isnt enough supply getting there havent seen this at all on the xx a lot of 450's it happens a lot though. but that will be the symptoms no matter how much fuel you add with the controller it just doent have the psi to make any difference

post #6 of 6 Old 02-09-2011, 01:34 PM Thread Starter

I'll try those suggestions, I have the controller mounted inside the airbox so I don't know if it could have got bumped. I have had the quad for about 10 months & put on 1000miles so far and haven't had todo any work to it.

2008 TRX700XX Black on Black(the fastest one), Pro Armor Fat Peg Nerfs, Moose V-Front Bumper, EHS Lid Kit, EHS Controller, UNI Filter, FMF Powerbomb/Factory 4.1 Exhaust, Trail Tech Computer/Bar clamp, Trail Tech High Rise X bars, ODI Lock-On Grips, & Powermadd Handguards

Future Mods: ITP 10" rims Black & RAZR IIs on all fours

2006 Rincon 680 - 25" Mud Lite XTRs, Warn XT25 winch, Exhaust tip

Future mods: Fuel Controller, EHS Lid, Uni Filter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode