User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 46 Old 02-09-2011, 07:21 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Baxter
Motor Build

This is a tough one but I like the 14t in 1st,2nd and 3rd through the trees but running a stock motor and exhaust , 5th it seems too tall a gearing.Kinda want to run the 14t this year and add a lil more torque at the bottom end but be able to hit the rev limiter in 5th. I dont need a 70hp motor , just a lil tweeking.
Any Ideas ?

2008 TT-ReXX , 2003 400ex and 2014 CRF250r.
Products used, abused and loved from:
Ed at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Alex at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jim at

Kyle at

With out these guys , it would not be as much fun.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 46 Old 02-09-2011, 07:29 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Intake and bored tb will get you through the rpms quicker.

The best in the business

High Desert Dyno/Cuervo Racing

Bo White 205-886-7043
Ed @

Chris & Mike
post #3 of 46 Old 02-09-2011, 07:29 PM

Run 14T front and 38 rear sprockets, that should be inbetween just changing 13T and 14T front I think.

2008 red TRX700, CCP stabilizer, PRM Desert II, 13T sprocket, 23" Razr 2's, 11/16" sway bar,Elka Stage 2 Fronts, EHS Big 3, UNI filter, IMS PowerMadd Hand Guards, Wiigstyle rear shock re-spring, Teixeira Tech front upper A-arms,Precision Shock & Vibe clamps, Tusk Chub CR high bend, ODI Rouge grips, HCC seat cover, kenda kutter rear.

2010 camo Polaris Sportsman 850

post #4 of 46 Old 02-09-2011, 07:30 PM

Send a message via AIM to xx700xx
I wonder how a Hot Cam Stage 3 would work with stock piston? I believe you would have to add new springs to your head but might be the boost in power you're looking for(lil tweak). :0)

post #5 of 46 Old 02-09-2011, 07:41 PM

I would say a cam and a +3 on the throttle body. From my research Web is the better cam but Hot Cams are cheaper. I know you ride a lot so having your bike down for the time it would take to get your throttle body done might not be an option for you, in that case you could do a CP 11:1 Piston and a cam.

HDD BUILT...EVERYONE ELSE IS RACING FOR SECOND

08 Black/Red XX - Sparks big core exhaust, FCI custom intake with K&N, Webb 290 cam, White Knuckle 727cc big bore, CP 13:1 piston, Cuervo Racing +2 head, 48mm Lectron carb, MSD ignition, MSD coil 68HP/53TQ FOR SALE

(DL700)
Jody (Boost Addict)
post #6 of 46 Old 02-09-2011, 07:45 PM

i did a stage 1 hotcam and a 11:1 piston, ill give you some feedback in bout a week.

2008 TRX 700XX (Black/Charcoal)
13T,Stage 1 hotcam,11:1 CP piston,L8ton Sway bar,Orange Maier Plastics,21" razr 1 front,ITP Sandstars on 10" ITP T9 Pro Series,FMF powerbomb/powercore.EHS programmer next.

2007 GSXR 1000 (Orange/Black)
-1,+2 Driven Kit,K&N, Full Leovince stainless exhaust,PcIIIUSB/Dyno tune,Hyperpro Damper,ASV Levers,Woodcraft Engine covers,Woodcraft Clipons,Xenon HID,Carrozzeria Wheels,Galfer Rotors(gsxr.com 2010 bike of the year)
post #7 of 46 Old 02-09-2011, 07:49 PM

The head is where all the power is hiding.

The best in the business

High Desert Dyno/Cuervo Racing

Bo White 205-886-7043
Ed @

Chris & Mike
post #8 of 46 Old 02-09-2011, 08:04 PM

Send a message via AIM to crwh45
With out doing major motorwork, I would just say a cam could help you out. Either a webcam or hotcam, I prefore hotcam as you don't have any core charges plus it is cheaper, however webcam has different angles and the stages are completely different btwn the two. I have been using hotcams since 2000 in my 99 400ex, and in everything pretty much since then, and no complaints. The cam will be about the cheapest and most reliable thing you could do, however I dont know who or where you could find a program. But however, like 08700xx said, a new cp piston w/ the cam could be nice. Stage 1 or 2 at the most though w/ the cam.

2008 700xx; Power Bomb header with power core 4 exhaust, Power Programmer III, pro armor nerfs, prm products control front and rear bumpers and full skid, 10" ITP rears, ITP Baja's fronts, RZR 2's all the way around, Uni filter, 13t sprocket, CCP steering Damper, DS450 shock swap, Dual Gasser Throttle, bar risers and Moose barkBusters. 730XX kit plus other engine mods!
post #9 of 46 Old 02-09-2011, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boost addict View Post
The head is where all the power is hiding.
I agree

HDD BUILT...EVERYONE ELSE IS RACING FOR SECOND

08 Black/Red XX - Sparks big core exhaust, FCI custom intake with K&N, Webb 290 cam, White Knuckle 727cc big bore, CP 13:1 piston, Cuervo Racing +2 head, 48mm Lectron carb, MSD ignition, MSD coil 68HP/53TQ FOR SALE

(DL700)
Jody (Boost Addict)
post #10 of 46 Old 02-09-2011, 10:45 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to smo0oth1
Full Exhaust, PC/Dobek, Air Filter & Stage one or two Cam.

If you go into the motor you can install that piston I gave you last year and run a stage three cam (Do you still have the piston?)

I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode