please help, decompression spring needed - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 Old 02-23-2011, 04:49 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
please help, decompression spring needed

i cant find my decompression spring for my cam, if anybody has one it would be great because they are not available from the dealer.it can still be pressed onto a junk stock cam, ill deal with pressing it off.hopefully somebody can help me.

2008 TRX 700XX (Black/Charcoal)
13T,Stage 1 hotcam,11:1 CP piston,L8ton Sway bar,Orange Maier Plastics,21" razr 1 front,ITP Sandstars on 10" ITP T9 Pro Series,FMF powerbomb/powercore.EHS programmer next.

2007 GSXR 1000 (Orange/Black)
-1,+2 Driven Kit,K&N, Full Leovince stainless exhaust,PcIIIUSB/Dyno tune,Hyperpro Damper,ASV Levers,Woodcraft Engine covers,Woodcraft Clipons,Xenon HID,Carrozzeria Wheels,Galfer Rotors(gsxr.com 2010 bike of the year)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 Old 02-23-2011, 05:37 PM Thread Starter

if you dont have a spare, can you give me some measurements so i can try to buy one somewhere?

diameter, length, tension?

13T,Stage 1 hotcam,11:1 CP piston,L8ton Sway bar,Orange Maier Plastics,21" razr 1 front,ITP Sandstars on 10" ITP T9 Pro Series,FMF powerbomb/powercore.EHS programmer next.

-1,+2 Driven Kit,K&N, Full Leovince stainless exhaust,PcIIIUSB/Dyno tune,Hyperpro Damper,ASV Levers,Woodcraft Engine covers,Woodcraft Clipons,Xenon HID,Carrozzeria Wheels,Galfer Rotors(gsxr.com 2010 bike of the year)
post #3 of 26 Old 02-23-2011, 06:25 PM

My hotcam came with a new spring maybe they can get you a new one

post #4 of 26 Old 02-23-2011, 07:07 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Baxter
I hope you find one , as this is another rattle for me to cure. My spring is either broke or missing. Not took the cam decomp apart yet !!

2008 TT-ReXX , 2003 400ex and 2014 CRF250r.
Products used, abused and loved from:
Ed at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Alex at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jim at

Kyle at

With out these guys , it would not be as much fun.
post #5 of 26 Old 02-23-2011, 07:35 PM

I think I got one , i will mesure it tomorow if you want?

Built, reliable and hard trailriden!
post #6 of 26 Old 02-23-2011, 07:47 PM Thread Starter

yesssss!!!! io want it,baxter if that is your problem illl bring it to motion industries and get them to get me a part number so i can provide them to forum members, im not getting in this hole again, ill also call hotcams tomorrow.

also baxter id be willing to put money on it that its your timing chain stretched.

also thanks to erich at ehs he gave me some measurements for one, but id rather have one to bring in with me.

Last edited by Simplyorange; 02-23-2011 at 07:51 PM.
post #7 of 26 Old 02-23-2011, 07:59 PM

The cam chain is the only thing that is good !It's not stretched and in good shape. Exhaust valves and seat need recutting and the valve seals are shot, As you said. Ordered new stuff for rebuild and thanks for the help, I am grateful.

Ed at

Alex at

Jim at

Kyle at

post #8 of 26 Old 02-23-2011, 08:03 PM Thread Starter

in that case check your clutch play, and tensioner.. your decomp wouldnt rattle while running according to how erich explained how it works centrifugally.other than those two its your piston walking from the same debris that ruined your seals but i doubt that too looking at your piston.

post #9 of 26 Old 02-23-2011, 08:29 PM

The valve seals have gone hard due to overheating , the clutch is fine but has some play in/out on the basket. Always run too much play in the clutch cable (125 2 stroke days in mud).
Rings are worn , the have an edge on the top face.
Took piston to my motor man and piston was fine , as you said also.
From what I have seen the motor has been apart and this is not the original piston.
Sorry for going off topic but you seem to be the only help , I can find.
My motor man also give me a couple of OEM Honda clutch baskets to try and match up to the xx .

Ed at

Alex at

Jim at

Kyle at

post #10 of 26 Old 02-23-2011, 08:35 PM

is it just the exhaust seats that are worn out or the intake as well?

what oil do you run? recommend fully synthetic it will live longer and not saturate with fuel as bad as conventional...

try and get the heat issue figured out and the life of everything else will follow, if that means changing the temp where the fan turns on then do that,,,, most of the excessive heat is due to the clutch slipping, just upgrading that will reduce running temp quite a bit.... were talking OIL temp.....maybe even run a gauge for the oil

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode