Oxygen Sensor Issues - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 02-25-2011, 10:54 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Oxygen Sensor Issues

I'm installing my Alba full system exhaust and the top of the Oxygen sensor rests right up against the frame gusset and Iím sure the wires will cut if I leave it like that. what do I do?
Also, where do I get power to run the oxygen sensor module? I grounded it to the battery, and the instructions say to tap into the brake light wires, but that didn't sound right. If that is right, which wire do I tap?
Thank you in advance for all your help!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 02-25-2011, 10:56 AM

run a power wire from the battery with inline fuse and switch

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 12 Old 02-25-2011, 11:06 AM Thread Starter

Good idea. What size fuse? Where would you mount the switch?

post #4 of 12 Old 02-25-2011, 11:57 AM

id run a 5 amp fuse for most 02 sensors... maybe a 10 amp max

the switch location is up to you... but probally under the seat somewhere

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 12 Old 02-25-2011, 12:15 PM Thread Starter

Excellent, thank you. Do you have any ideas about the O2 wire clearance issue I'm having, the frame gusset rests right up against the wires. Can I grind that gusset down a 1/4"?
post #6 of 12 Old 02-26-2011, 01:00 AM

You are talking about the auto tune for the PCV right? I planned on wiring mine straight to the battery. I am just going to run it to get the map tuned in good then take it off. I heard they can wear out over time and I figured I would just get a good map done now then hook it up again later if I thought the map needed adjusting again

Port and Polishing w/ +1 Valves by Illinois Powersports
11:1 CP 715cc Big Bore Piston
290 Web Cam
+3 Throttle Body
PCV Tuned by Illinois Powersports
61.52 HP 48.24 TQ

Special Thanks To
Illinois Powersports
630-365-6722

post #7 of 12 Old 02-26-2011, 01:58 AM

take a picture of the issue and post it... dont be afraid to do some custom modifications...

post #8 of 12 Old 02-26-2011, 09:51 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to smo0oth1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash21 View Post
You are talking about the auto tune for the PCV right? I planned on wiring mine straight to the battery. I am just going to run it to get the map tuned in good then take it off. I heard they can wear out over time and I figured I would just get a good map done now then hook it up again later if I thought the map needed adjusting again
You'll need an on off switch if you wire it that way, it'll kill the battery. I sent a pic to crash21 of the proper ignition wire to tie into. I'd post it but it's on my phone and I sent it in for repair. Do you still have the picture to post for them Crash?
The O2 sensor isn't going to wear out anytime soon if your running regular unleaded gas. It should last years.

I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
post #9 of 12 Old 02-26-2011, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smo0oth1 View Post
You'll need an on off switch if you wire it that way, it'll kill the battery. I sent a pic to crash21 of the proper ignition wire to tie into. I'd post it but it's on my phone and I sent it in for repair. Do you still have the picture to post for them Crash?
The O2 sensor isn't going to wear out anytime soon if your running regular unleaded gas. It should last years.
Have any of you guys running O2 sensors looked into mounting an aux relay with the coil wired to the ignition switch? Just thought it might be handier that a manual switch. Or find a circuit with the capacity that it already configured that way. The brake light may be like that, not sure if it works with the key off. You would just have to make sure and wire ahead of the brake switch.

KASH 2011

Last edited by EEHonda; 02-26-2011 at 11:44 AM.
post #10 of 12 Old 02-26-2011, 11:48 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to smo0oth1
Quote:
Originally Posted by smo0oth1 View Post

Dam lol... I didn't even realize you were the one I was answering. Didn't I send you pictures of the wire to tie into?

I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode