Dyno again after hc3? - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 03-02-2011, 09:24 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Dyno again after hc3?

So I just bought the hc3 from DL700, and I just realized that I will need to get the bike Dyno tuned again for max potential, but do you guys think I can install it and run it without the dyno for a while without having any issues, or should I dyno right away? I just dynod a month ago and dont really want to fork over the cash to do it again so soon thanks.

08 Honda 700xx
Installed
11.0:1 CP Piston || +3 Throttle Body by Cuervo Racing || Web 290 Cam
HD Web Valve Springs || Hard Rockers || NGK BKR6EKPB-11 Laser Platinum spark plug
Modquad Air Flow System with K&N Filter || custom mounted trail tech vapor || Modified air box lid
DMC Afterburner full exhaust || EBC Dirt Racer Clutch Kit w/Cuervo Racing springs || PC3
Rear 22" Kenda Kutter XC tires || Rear 22" ITP Sand Star tires

Dyno Tuned by Cuervo Racing @ 53.82rwhp & 44tq
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 03-02-2011, 10:21 PM

Your gonna have to tune again. Bigger cam= more air. More air needs more fuel. You'll be running lean if you put that cam in and don't have it tuned. Just do a piston and throttle body at the same time then tune!

2009 Raptor 770R
Monster duals, FCI, PC3, +5 Hotrods, Kenz 105mm cylinder, CP 10.75:1, Barker RHC14 cam, Kibblewhite springs, Trex II port, +3 throttle body, Dynatek programmable, evac valve, 22" Haulers on Douglas wheels
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 9 Old 03-02-2011, 10:40 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisco View Post
Your gonna have to tune again. Bigger cam= more air. More air needs more fuel. You'll be running lean if you put that cam in and don't have it tuned. Just do a piston and throttle body at the same time then tune!
yeah thats what I figured. Still haven't picked a piston yet. tb and porting takes a while. idk. when are we taking your raptor to the dyno?

08 Honda 700xx
Installed
HD Web Valve Springs || Hard Rockers || NGK BKR6EKPB-11 Laser Platinum spark plug
Modquad Air Flow System with K&N Filter || custom mounted trail tech vapor || Modified air box lid
DMC Afterburner full exhaust || EBC Dirt Racer Clutch Kit w/Cuervo Racing springs || PC3

post #4 of 9 Old 03-02-2011, 10:44 PM

Umm I don't know yet. Got my sprocket, chain, and chain guide on today. It's ready to go. If I were you i would at least do a piston with the cam. It will wake it up so much more.

2009 Raptor 770R
Monster duals, FCI, PC3, +5 Hotrods, Kenz 105mm cylinder, CP 10.75:1, Barker RHC14 cam, Kibblewhite springs, Trex II port, +3 throttle body, Dynatek programmable, evac valve, 22" Haulers on Douglas wheels
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 9 Old 03-02-2011, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britalican View Post
yeah thats what I figured. Still haven't picked a piston yet. tb and porting takes a while. idk. when are we taking your raptor to the dyno?
Daniel (DL700) has a fast turnaround time on the +3 throttle body.

HDD BUILT...EVERYONE ELSE IS RACING FOR SECOND

08 Black/Red XX - Sparks big core exhaust, FCI custom intake with K&N, Webb 290 cam, White Knuckle 727cc big bore, CP 13:1 piston, Cuervo Racing +2 head, 48mm Lectron carb, MSD ignition, MSD coil 68HP/53TQ FOR SALE

(DL700)
Jody (Boost Addict)
post #6 of 9 Old 03-02-2011, 10:47 PM

Yeah throttle body should only be about 1 week turn around. Just take a lot of pictures when you remove your throttle body so you can figure out how to get it back on.

2009 Raptor 770R
post #7 of 9 Old 03-02-2011, 10:57 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08700xx View Post
Daniel (DL700) has a fast turnaround time on the +3 throttle body.
You I guess it comes down to price, I can drive an hour and a half up to white knuckle and do it for I think $210. maybe if dl can do it cheaper with shipping. idk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisco View Post
Yeah throttle body should only be about 1 week turn around. Just take a lot of pictures when you remove your throttle body so you can figure out how to get it back on.
yeah thats what I normally do when i do work myself.

08 Honda 700xx
Installed

post #8 of 9 Old 03-02-2011, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britalican View Post
You I guess it comes down to price, I can drive an hour and a half up to white knuckle and do it for I think $210. maybe if dl can do it cheaper with shipping. idk.
You'll have to hit him up on the price but I can tell you he did mine and boost addicts TB and did an awesome job. I'm pretty sure he has 2 TB he's doing the +3 on right now so the turnaround time will be fast.

HDD BUILT...EVERYONE ELSE IS RACING FOR SECOND

08 Black/Red XX - Sparks big core exhaust, FCI custom intake with K&N, Webb 290 cam, White Knuckle 727cc big bore, CP 13:1 piston, Cuervo Racing +2 head, 48mm Lectron carb, MSD ignition, MSD coil 68HP/53TQ FOR SALE

(DL700)
Jody (Boost Addict)
post #9 of 9 Old 03-02-2011, 11:07 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08700xx View Post
You'll have to hit him up on the price but I can tell you he did mine and boost addicts TB and did an awesome job. I'm pretty sure he has 2 TB he's doing the +3 on right now so the turnaround time will be fast.
cool thanks. I will send him a pm.

08 Honda 700xx
Installed

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode