Fuel controller Mounting spots - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 Old 03-17-2011, 10:44 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Fuel controller Mounting spots

Hey guys well I finally gave in and ordered my exhaust and the PCV for the 700 should be arriving next week sometime. But I was wondering where you guys mounted your fuel controllers? I have seen many just under the seat but would putting it inside the air box hurt anything. Helps it offer a littler more water protection I would think. But help me out please
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 Old 03-17-2011, 10:58 PM

A lot of guys put them in the airbox. You'll have to cut the lid a little for the wires or you can get one of those plastic travel size q tip boxes and put it in that and put it anywhere under the seat. Welcome to the club.

HDD BUILT...EVERYONE ELSE IS RACING FOR SECOND
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

08 Black/Red XX - Sparks big core exhaust, FCI custom intake with K&N, Webb 290 cam, White Knuckle 727cc big bore, CP 13:1 piston, Cuervo Racing +2 head, 48mm Lectron carb, MSD ignition, MSD coil 68HP/53TQ FOR SALE

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(DL700)
Jody (Boost Addict)
post #3 of 20 Old 03-17-2011, 11:05 PM

Thats where I have mine works great

Jeff Hoskins 72K
Brawley Radiator & Glass, Sand Posse, Imperial Valley Cycle Center, Scott Goggles, PowerMadd, CP Pistons, Graffik Graffiti, OMF, GoPro, Elka, Houser Racing, Fly Racing, Big Gun Exhaust and Renthal.

post #4 of 20 Old 03-18-2011, 08:22 AM

I put my EHS controller in the airbox. I took the EHS block off billet block an... I drilled a hole on the very edge an notched it, put the controller through the stock air intake hole an... slid the billet in with the wires in the groove I drilled an cut, then I took a small ice screw container I had (much like the q-tip case) an.. I drilled a small hole for the wires to come out of it an.. I attached the case to the airbox with some velcro brand hook an loop, an then attached the controller inside the little case with some more velcro brand hook an loop. Then I siliconed the groove where the wires pass through the groove I cut in the billet block off. I can now take off the seat and airbox lid, open the hinged cover of my q-tip type plastic case an adjust as needed, with the protection of the airbox, and the plastic case. I check it every once in a while to see if it had come loose, but... after 50 miles of some pretty wooped out trails it was still hook an looped in place.

08 blk/rd 700xx
MODS
PRP antivibe risers
pro-taper SE atv high bars
tusk gas cap
uni filter
EHS BIG 3 with quietcore powder coated blk/rd
PRM desert 2 bumper (painted black)
post #5 of 20 Old 03-18-2011, 11:46 AM

pics would be nice of this setup manchvegas!

2006 Raptor 700
Yoshi RS-7 full, PCV, Pro Design Foam, EHS lid, Flexx bars, 2" Rox antivibe risers, ASV C/5 levers, Powermadds, CCP stabilizer, HDUSA i3500 +2 a-arms ST, Rap 700 SE front shocks revalved/resprung by Wiigstyle, Fox Podium X rear shock, DWT Drift rear beadlocks, Hiper front beadlocks, Pro Armor XC nerfs and Race grab bar, Tag Agro bumper and railer chassis skid, PRM 0.25" swingarm skid plate

My name is IŮigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die!!!
post #6 of 20 Old 03-18-2011, 05:15 PM Thread Starter

Thanks looks to be thats where everyone has them mounted hopefully they get here tomorow. And i agree with Rappy pics of this setup would be nice.
post #7 of 20 Old 03-18-2011, 05:53 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Baxter
I have the EHS in the airbox and slipped the wires alongside the engine breather . No cutting or trimming and remains water tight , with a little grease.

2008 TT-ReXX , 2003 400ex and 2014 CRF250r.
Products used, abused and loved from:
Ed at

Alex at

Jim at

Kyle at

With out these guys , it would not be as much fun.
post #8 of 20 Old 03-18-2011, 06:43 PM

I just put my pc3 right under the little rubber cover over the battery. It gets wet all the time, but still works fine (for now lol).

08 Honda 700xx
Installed
11.0:1 CP Piston || +3 Throttle Body by Cuervo Racing || Web 290 Cam
HD Web Valve Springs || Hard Rockers || NGK BKR6EKPB-11 Laser Platinum spark plug
Modquad Air Flow System with K&N Filter || custom mounted trail tech vapor || Modified air box lid
DMC Afterburner full exhaust || EBC Dirt Racer Clutch Kit w/Cuervo Racing springs || PC3
Rear 22" Kenda Kutter XC tires || Rear 22" ITP Sand Star tires

Dyno Tuned by Cuervo Racing @ 53.82rwhp & 44tq
post #9 of 20 Old 03-18-2011, 07:34 PM

i put mine here brother, on a special bracket, its nice having it here so you can mess with it while ridding.

[/IMG]

Reply from 192.168.13.100: bytes=32 time=16275001ms TTL=128
post #10 of 20 Old 03-18-2011, 07:54 PM

You program yours while riding. I set mine once and haven't looked at it since. Mines also in airbox. Figure if it goes under, programmer is least of my worries.

MY RIDES

Amish washing the buggy^^^^
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode