slip on vs. full exhaust? - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old 03-18-2011, 12:24 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
slip on vs. full exhaust?

i'm going to get a exhaust for the xx and was wondering what to do as far as a slip on or full exhaust. of course i want it louder and to sound good, but for almost $200 less is the full exhaust really that much better and how much does it change?

thanks for the insight

2008 black/grey 700xx. moose nerfs and grab bar, pro armor front bumper, tusk 1 1/8" bars, spider grips, custom indicator light mount, ehs lid & programmer, uni filter,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 03-18-2011, 01:23 AM

Mate, you will get most of your power from the header, so go the full system if your serious about it. Loud, you can not go past the HMF Bill Ballance system it borders on rude, but there are other good systems out there all making around the same power. Barker, HMF, Sonic, FMF, Two Bros, DG, Lexx shit the list just goes on.

HMF Bill Ballance full system with HMF controller, Pro design Filter and billet adaptor,
Fox Evolve Gen 2 with Houser +.75 arms,
Fox Podiums with Shock Pro skull covers,
OMF re-enforced front and rear with Kenda XCF up front and of course Kenda Kutter's on the rear,
Trail Tec bars, clamps and dash.
ASV Lever,
Braided lines and billet clamps,
Moto Active nerfs and Bumper,
AMF Graphics

OZlink gets his Kutters from me
post #3 of 14 Old 03-18-2011, 03:57 AM

what do you want it to do? do you just want the sound, or do you want the performance? and yes, it does matter!

post #4 of 14 Old 03-18-2011, 09:27 AM Thread Starter

well the main thing is keeping the wife happy (this is for her xx), she told me for her birthday she wants it to be loud and not sound bad. performance is never a compaint but my main thing was if i'm only get 1 more hp over a slip on (dyno sheet i saw somewhere on here), i was going to save $200 and use that money for my controller. but if it really is a noticeable difference i'll probably just go full.. i was looking at a HMF competition, and don't really like the oval look of the barkers but i've heard a lot of good about it

2008 black/grey 700xx. moose nerfs and grab bar, pro armor front bumper, tusk 1 1/8" bars, spider grips, custom indicator light mount, ehs lid & programmer, uni filter,
post #5 of 14 Old 03-18-2011, 12:24 PM
Qaz

i put the 3d tip and uni filter on mine sounds cooler and seems to give some more power and doesnt need a controller i think if you do a header or slip on its required to use a controller
post #6 of 14 Old 03-18-2011, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwoods90 View Post
well the main thing is keeping the wife happy (this is for her xx), she told me for her birthday she wants it to be loud and not sound bad. performance is never a compaint but my main thing was if i'm only get 1 more hp over a slip on (dyno sheet i saw somewhere on here), i was going to save $200 and use that money for my controller. but if it really is a noticeable difference i'll probably just go full.. i was looking at a HMF competition, and don't really like the oval look of the barkers but i've heard a lot of good about it
If you just want the sound for the most part get a slip on. A full system will give you about 4HP more than a slip on but you will need a controller for a full system.

HDD BUILT...EVERYONE ELSE IS RACING FOR SECOND
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

08 Black/Red XX - Sparks big core exhaust, FCI custom intake with K&N, Webb 290 cam, White Knuckle 727cc big bore, CP 13:1 piston, Cuervo Racing +2 head, 48mm Lectron carb, MSD ignition, MSD coil 68HP/53TQ FOR SALE

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(DL700)
Jody (Boost Addict)
post #7 of 14 Old 03-18-2011, 03:14 PM Thread Starter

well i decided to do it right but dont have quite enough money to do it all right now so i got the ehs controller and box ordered. when i get more money ill get the exhaust. thanks for the input guys

post #8 of 14 Old 03-27-2011, 11:00 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 249 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qaz View Post
i put the 3d tip and uni filter on mine sounds cooler and seems to give some more power and doesnt need a controller i think if you do a header or slip on its required to use a controller
Where did you get you 3d exhaust tip at? And do you have any sound bytes?

#1 2008 Honda Trx700xx HMF Performance Exhaust, PCV, Stroked 710cc, 10.5:1 Wiseco Piston, Frt Elka Stage 4's, Fox Podium X rear's, EHS Lid, L8ton 11/16" sway bar, DG 6 Pack Rack, PRM Desert II Bumper & Front Skids.
#2 2008 Trx700xx AMR Reaper, Ehs Big 3, P/P head, Xcalibur Cam, Hard Welded Rockers, +1 In/Ex Valves, +3 Throttle body, 11:1 CP Piston, Elka Stage 3 Legacy Shocks, L8ton 11/16th Sway Bar, PRM Front Skids, Desert II Bumper & Rear Utility Rack.

post #9 of 14 Old 03-27-2011, 11:07 PM

Fleabay! They sound ok. A little louder than stock but not much.
post #10 of 14 Old 03-28-2011, 12:55 AM

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HONDA...ht_6342wt_1165

08 Honda 700xx
Installed
11.0:1 CP Piston || +3 Throttle Body by Cuervo Racing || Web 290 Cam
HD Web Valve Springs || Hard Rockers || NGK BKR6EKPB-11 Laser Platinum spark plug
Modquad Air Flow System with K&N Filter || custom mounted trail tech vapor || Modified air box lid
DMC Afterburner full exhaust || EBC Dirt Racer Clutch Kit w/Cuervo Racing springs || PC3
Rear 22" Kenda Kutter XC tires || Rear 22" ITP Sand Star tires

Dyno Tuned by Cuervo Racing @ 53.82rwhp & 44tq
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode