need help 700 acts like it has a dead battery - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 Old 03-28-2011, 04:37 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
need help 700 acts like it has a dead battery

Put a new hmf sport slip on and an Ehs efi and a uni air filter 700 was starting good put the Ehs on it and it was turning over like it had a dead battery so I put a new battery in it and no change. Thinking they gave me a bad battery I tested it and it was fine. So I put battery back in and I try to bypass the coil and still nothing after that I tried to pull the programmer off and it turned over like new now it seems to turn over hard then it will start. Every couple times I start it I get a back fire. Can Eny one give me some kind of direction I have no clue what to look at next
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 Old 03-28-2011, 05:09 PM

contact ehs, they will help u out for sure.

08 Honda 700xx
Installed
11.0:1 CP Piston || +3 Throttle Body by Cuervo Racing || Web 290 Cam
HD Web Valve Springs || Hard Rockers || NGK BKR6EKPB-11 Laser Platinum spark plug
Modquad Air Flow System with K&N Filter || custom mounted trail tech vapor || Modified air box lid
DMC Afterburner full exhaust || EBC Dirt Racer Clutch Kit w/Cuervo Racing springs || PC3
Rear 22" Kenda Kutter XC tires || Rear 22" ITP Sand Star tires

Dyno Tuned by Cuervo Racing @ 53.82rwhp & 44tq
post #3 of 27 Old 03-28-2011, 06:01 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Baxter
If you think it is the EHS programmer , I would have contacted Eric before posting this. IMO.

2008 TT-ReXX , 2003 400ex and 2014 CRF250r.
Products used, abused and loved from:
Ed at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Alex at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jim at

Kyle at

With out these guys , it would not be as much fun.

post #4 of 27 Old 03-28-2011, 06:12 PM

where is it grounded to? new batterys will usually need to be charged befored used, if you put a volt meter on will turning over it should remain at 12 volts if its dropping to 8volts or really anthing under 11 the injectors arent going to be working correctly as well as the fuel pump so it is important to have proper voltage while cranking not just sitting there.

Bypass coil means what?

post #5 of 27 Old 03-28-2011, 06:23 PM Thread Starter

i did email him befor posting and i had more problems after that. the ground goes right to the starter and i have eliminated wireing i thhink the starter is the base of my problem it wasnt the coil i bypassed it was the silenoid. i also tryed to jump the starter off the pattery and got the same resault leading me to beleive the starter is not right. my question for eric is, is there some kind of program in the programmer that my have lead to this starter problem or if i get the starter problem fixed sould the programmer be ok?
post #6 of 27 Old 03-28-2011, 06:29 PM

First ground the programmer on the negative pole of the battery, did you get any instruction with it? Eric is very helpful, give him a call!

Built, reliable and hard trailriden!
post #7 of 27 Old 03-28-2011, 06:39 PM

I have started mine bone stock on the "Big 3" settings from Eric and it fired up no problem. Also as above ground it to the - terminal on the battery.

Ed at

Alex at

Jim at

Kyle at

post #8 of 27 Old 03-28-2011, 06:54 PM Thread Starter

it was grounded to the battery and im not saying that it was the fault of the programmer i just dont remember if the problem was started before or after the programmerand i dont wana put a new starter in and the controller back on if there is a potential problem with it is all
post #9 of 27 Old 03-28-2011, 07:03 PM

Heres a couple of things that have screwed me me up on something similar.
Have you tried to take the positive lead off the starter ?
If you haven't then take the green plug apart (under the headlight) and clean it .
If that doesn't work then clean the ECM plug. The one with the clear cover over it .

Ed at

Alex at

Jim at

Kyle at

post #10 of 27 Old 03-28-2011, 07:09 PM Thread Starter

i jumped the starter directly from the battery to eliminate wiring all together and i had the same out come of a week turn over. if i had jumped it and it started right up then i would have thought it was wiring. but im almost positive it is the starter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode