XX performance vs 700 Raptor performance - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 Old 04-03-2011, 12:07 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
XX performance vs 700 Raptor performance

Some may wonder how the Raptor builds are getting over 80hp and the XX hasnt been able to. Well, back in the day if you had a 65hp Raptor you was the $hit:
http://www.raptorforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8010

This was realisticly not too long ago, R&D along with competition and demand is what brought the Raptor were its at today. In the time line, the XX is about were the 700 Raptor was at at the same spot in its timeline.....

Bo White
205-886-7043
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 Old 04-03-2011, 02:38 AM

I don't know. That was only a year after the 700R came out. The xx has been out for 3 years now. Part of that was the after market support came way quicker for the Raptor than the xx. I think the big Honda's will start making some good power soon but the head seems to be a serious limiting factor. I don't know what Honda was thinking on that one. A 54mm TB and your big port will solve most of that problem. But i'm curious to see if the head is going to be able to support some of the big bore/ stroker motors. Whats MAX valve size on xx?

2009 Raptor 770R
Monster duals, FCI, PC3, +5 Hotrods, Kenz 105mm cylinder, CP 10.75:1, Barker RHC14 cam, Kibblewhite springs, Trex II port, +3 throttle body, Dynatek programmable, evac valve, 22" Haulers on Douglas wheels
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 21 Old 04-03-2011, 05:23 AM Thread Starter

Max valve size is the same as the Raptor, problem is the porting.

Bo White
205-886-7043

post #4 of 21 Old 04-03-2011, 04:21 PM

I thought the xx has 2mm smaller stock valves than the raptor? Isn't this head also being limited by the amount of lift it can run do to the limited space in the head and the design of the rockers?

2009 Raptor 770R
Monster duals, FCI, PC3, +5 Hotrods, Kenz 105mm cylinder, CP 10.75:1, Barker RHC14 cam, Kibblewhite springs, Trex II port, +3 throttle body, Dynatek programmable, evac valve, 22" Haulers on Douglas wheels
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 21 Old 04-03-2011, 07:20 PM

Send a message via AIM to xx700xx
The aftermarket will be slower for the XX. The Raptor didn't take a beating by the magazines like the XX did. There was a lot of nay saying done on the XX that the Raptor didn't have to deal with. I think over time people are starting to see the XX is a awesome machine for the trails. How many Bajas does Team Matlock have to win to get this machine some credit?

post #6 of 21 Old 04-03-2011, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisco View Post
I don't know. That was only a year after the 700R came out. The xx has been out for 3 years now. Part of that was the after market support came way quicker for the Raptor than the xx. I think the big Honda's will start making some good power soon but the head seems to be a serious limiting factor. I don't know what Honda was thinking on that one. A 54mm TB and your big port will solve most of that problem. But i'm curious to see if the head is going to be able to support some of the big bore/ stroker motors. Whats MAX valve size on xx?
The sport market was a completely different place when the 660 came out (limited) and the Raptor established a good following, economic times were better too. A couple pretty good reasons why it probably came along quicker. Get a good following for a bike quick and you can have lots more after market goodies.

KASH 2011
post #7 of 21 Old 04-03-2011, 09:13 PM Thread Starter

He asked max valve size.

Bo White
205-886-7043
post #8 of 21 Old 04-03-2011, 09:19 PM

Right, and you answered that......what did I miss? I wouldn't have a clue what that would be anyways. I was just commenting on the difference in the two timelines that you were both speaking on.

KASH 2011
post #9 of 21 Old 04-03-2011, 09:20 PM

Nobody mods the XX besides a full exhaust and a dobeck. No demand so no aftermarket support.

The best in the business

High Desert Dyno/Cuervo Racing

Bo White 205-886-7043
Ed @

Chris & Mike
post #10 of 21 Old 04-04-2011, 09:14 AM

there are people on this site doing R&D for the XX, you just dont hear much about it, i have heard complete aftermarket cnc heads with large valves etc. just seems like a wiaing game, im dont with mine so i dont worry about it too much.

2008 TRX 700XX (Black/Charcoal)
13T,Stage 1 hotcam,11:1 CP piston,L8ton Sway bar,Orange Maier Plastics,21" razr 1 front,ITP Sandstars on 10" ITP T9 Pro Series,FMF powerbomb/powercore.EHS programmer next.

2007 GSXR 1000 (Orange/Black)
-1,+2 Driven Kit,K&N, Full Leovince stainless exhaust,PcIIIUSB/Dyno tune,Hyperpro Damper,ASV Levers,Woodcraft Engine covers,Woodcraft Clipons,Xenon HID,Carrozzeria Wheels,Galfer Rotors(gsxr.com 2010 bike of the year)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode