Rev limiter for reverse?! - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 Old 02-23-2009, 12:02 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rev limiter for reverse?!

Well this weekend I was in the sand and got stuck. Through it in reverse and gave it gas but it only reved up so far and then hit some sort of rev limiter? Anyone know anything about this?! Is it supposed to do that? If it is, can i get rid of it!?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2008 Honda TRX700XX | 13t Sprocket | HID Headlights | Steering Dampner | ITP Baja Fronts / ITP Pro's Rear | Maxxis RAZR2's all the way around!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 Old 02-23-2009, 12:15 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
yes there is a 12 mph speed limiter in reverse. I imagine it's something like what they have on the raptors too. The bypass for the raptors involves a resistor added to the wire.

I'm not sure what the "fix" is for ours other than "not getting stuck".

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #3 of 25 Old 02-23-2009, 12:17 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuzz View Post
yes there is a 12 mph speed limiter in reverse. I imagine it's something like what they have on the raptors too. The bypass for the raptors involves a resistor added to the wire.

I'm not sure what the "fix" is for ours other than "not getting stuck".

Well it sucks when you're stuck and you need to SPIN!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2008 Honda TRX700XX | 13t Sprocket | HID Headlights | Steering Dampner | ITP Baja Fronts / ITP Pro's Rear | Maxxis RAZR2's all the way around!

post #4 of 25 Old 02-23-2009, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5W0P3 View Post
Well this weekend I was in the sand and got stuck. Through it in reverse and gave it gas but it only reved up so far and then hit some sort of rev limiter? Anyone know anything about this?! Is it supposed to do that? If it is, can i get rid of it!?
there is a rev limiter in reverse, i did the same as you. it's mentioned in the manual.
'the system is controlled by a VS sensor located on the final reduction gear case and reads from the final idle gear.
ECM- limits speed by controlling the fuel injector
Reverse switch- detects when the trans is in reverese
VS sensor- detects the vehicle speed
max speed in reverse is 12.1 mph
when the speed reaches 12.1 mph or more and the engine speed reaches 3046 rpm or more, the ECM stops power supply to the injector.
hope that helps.
post #5 of 25 Old 02-23-2009, 12:40 PM Thread Starter

So how do we get that turned off? That's the question!

post #6 of 25 Old 02-23-2009, 01:44 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
1st thing to resolve this "issue" would be to find out how the CPU knows that the transmission is in reverse. If you disable that...what happens?

There's a speed sensor, but that only monitors the output shaft and a revolution would = a revolution and it more likely than not would'nt know if it was turning one way or the other. I hate to base a theory on an assumption though....

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #7 of 25 Old 02-23-2009, 02:54 PM

Send a message via AIM to 08TRX700XX
Just throwing this out there, but Ive seen guys get rid of the reverse rev limiter on the Rincons and then when they start spining in reverse the gear will spin too fast and break the reverse idler shaft and the pieces will break through back case and sometimes will break the internal case too. Thats when things get expensive! Not saying anything like this will happen, but usualy its there for a reason.

2008 TRX700XX Red/Black
Two Bro's Slip On
PC3
post #8 of 25 Old 02-23-2009, 10:16 PM

Send a message via AIM to DblXX
my 05' TRX 300EX had the same thing but its not fuel injected.
post #9 of 25 Old 02-23-2009, 11:06 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08TRX700XX View Post
Just throwing this out there, but Ive seen guys get rid of the reverse rev limiter on the Rincons and then when they start spining in reverse the gear will spin too fast and break the reverse idler shaft and the pieces will break through back case and sometimes will break the internal case too. Thats when things get expensive! Not saying anything like this will happen, but usualy its there for a reason.
That sounds expensive.

What i hate about it is I needed to spin my tires backwards this weekend and couldn't. Even if it held it at a solid RPM would be better than what it does now!

post #10 of 25 Old 02-23-2009, 11:17 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via MSN to jj69
yeah i got stuck in the snow and even with the slightest bit of spinning it spits and sputters. i eventually just held it.. between cutting out it gave a good little shot of snow lol.
it does suck though. its like traction control lol

08 700xx
12 F150
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode