CP 11:1 and stage 2 cam and seized motor - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old 04-27-2011, 04:44 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
CP 11:1 and stage 2 cam and seized motor

Well after having the big 3 for about 6-7 months I add the cp 11:1 and the stage 2 cam and after 2 rides maybe 6-7 hours the bike was hard to start and even locked up on me on a long straight top speed run. Took into the dealer to see if valves were issue etc. Valves were out of spec but the lock up had the dealer wanting to look further and sure enough the piston had seized at one point and the cylinder and piston now need replacment. I called the guys who sold me the parts and tune and told them what the dealer found. They felt it was a cold seizure due to the bike not warming up enough.

Im really upset but knew this may happen. Question now is do i try and salavge the cylinder and bore it out or just order a new cylinder?

Best price on a new cylinder?

Thanks guys.

BTW the ride before it went down it was fast! Not only did it catch a big 3 raptor 700 but pulled by it and left it behind and flew by a tcat 1000 that was doing 84mph and left it by 10 quads.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 04-27-2011, 06:54 PM

I am just wondering. Did you install this yourself or did you have it installed? I am just wondering in the rings were gapped correctly

Port and Polishing w/ +1 Valves by Illinois Powersports
11:1 CP 715cc Big Bore Piston
290 Web Cam
+3 Throttle Body
PCV Tuned by Illinois Powersports
61.52 HP 48.24 TQ

Special Thanks To
Illinois Powersports
630-365-6722

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 16 Old 04-27-2011, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash21 View Post
I am just wondering. Did you install this yourself or did you have it installed? I am just wondering in the rings were gapped correctly
thats exactly what I was about to ask. if u didn't gap the rings enough, they may have made contact and made to much friction. thats my only guess. I have no info on cost to replace the cylinder. sorry man. good luck.

08 Honda 700xx
Installed
11.0:1 CP Piston || +3 Throttle Body by Cuervo Racing || Web 290 Cam
HD Web Valve Springs || Hard Rockers || NGK BKR6EKPB-11 Laser Platinum spark plug
Modquad Air Flow System with K&N Filter || custom mounted trail tech vapor || Modified air box lid
DMC Afterburner full exhaust || EBC Dirt Racer Clutch Kit w/Cuervo Racing springs || PC3
Rear 22" Kenda Kutter XC tires || Rear 22" ITP Sand Star tires

Dyno Tuned by Cuervo Racing @ 53.82rwhp & 44tq

post #4 of 16 Old 04-27-2011, 09:39 PM Thread Starter

Biggest Honda dealer in state did the install. Said it was cold seizure and tuner who sold me parts agreed was a cold seizure. Bike was going all out 90mph and shut off, tires locked up etc. Pulled over re started, bike was making what we thought was valve noise.

Looks like will go with bore and 12.5 piston this time, will keep you posted.

Funny part is bike sat started a good 5-10min before we even ran it but guess that was not enough warm up?

Last edited by nm700xx; 04-27-2011 at 09:56 PM.
post #5 of 16 Old 04-27-2011, 10:00 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to 700xxmaniac
i can sell u my old cylinder. it need to be bore or resleved. white knuckle or thumper racing dose it. pm me if interested. ill give yeah a good price on it

08 TRX700XX
-uni
-primary drive 13t
-pclll
-soon to have a cp 11:1

99 ford f-250 ccsb 7.3

-skyjacker 6'' lift
- 315-75r16 pro comp xtarrain
-sct 100hp tune
-straight pipe with 4'' dp
-dana 60 swap with mile marker hubs

06 pos hyundia tuscon
-dont buy one there junk

live to ride and ride to live
post #6 of 16 Old 04-28-2011, 01:14 AM

Yeah that is plenty of warm up time. Biggest dealer does not mean best or brightest. I am going to go with the rings weren't gaped properly as my guess. Your tuner will say that as they can claim it as not their fault compared to an improperly gaped rings which would be all them

Port and Polishing w/ +1 Valves by Illinois Powersports
11:1 CP 715cc Big Bore Piston
290 Web Cam
+3 Throttle Body
PCV Tuned by Illinois Powersports
61.52 HP 48.24 TQ

Special Thanks To
Illinois Powersports
630-365-6722

post #7 of 16 Old 04-28-2011, 01:22 AM

I only let my bike warm up a minute or two and have no problems with it. They are going to blame you instead of saying it was due to them not installing it right.

HDD BUILT...EVERYONE ELSE IS RACING FOR SECOND

08 Black/Red XX - Sparks big core exhaust, FCI custom intake with K&N, Webb 290 cam, White Knuckle 727cc big bore, CP 13:1 piston, Cuervo Racing +2 head, 48mm Lectron carb, MSD ignition, MSD coil 68HP/53TQ FOR SALE

(DL700)
Jody (Boost Addict)
post #8 of 16 Old 04-28-2011, 04:54 AM

CLASSIC.... i hear people say that a lot...COLD SEIZE hahah...

rings not gapped correctly///or not enough oil reaching the piston or YOU WERE DOING 90 for like 2 miles ...redlined... shit tends to happen at high rpm for an extended part of time....

looks like the Artic Cat won that round

post #9 of 16 Old 04-28-2011, 08:17 PM Thread Starter

Talked to a few more tuners and sent pics of issue and seem to all feel lean up top which killed it. Tcat did win but that's ok it's mine too so I still won ;)
post #10 of 16 Old 04-28-2011, 08:26 PM

Send a message via AIM to xx700xx
Can you please post pics for us to see?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode