User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 75 Old 07-06-2011, 04:12 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hipowernut View Post
What length 4.5" universal K&N filter do you suggest, there seems to be several lengths. Do you know the K&N part number?
I'd like to know as well. Thanks!

Stock '08 Honda TRX700xx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 75 Old 07-06-2011, 05:21 PM

You have to grind down the square mounting tab in the back of the air box. Look for a coupon online It will give you a couple more hp then a Uni

filter....http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/web...%7CGRP2026____

Prefiter......http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/web...e=00-8976601-2

The best in the business
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

High Desert Dyno/Cuervo Racing
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Bo White 205-886-7043
Ed @

Chris & Mike
post #23 of 75 Old 07-06-2011, 07:35 PM

Yikes - $92 for the filter and $30 for the pre-filter at Advance

2009 700XX Black - 13T, PRM Desert II + Side Bars (black), L8ton 9/16, Power Form Pro complete skids, K&N, EHS Big 3

post #24 of 75 Old 07-06-2011, 07:51 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Just ordered another prefilter for my ProDesign Filter and it was only $18 plus shipping

Supertrapp SL, Pro Design Filter, PCIII, PRM Baja Front Bumper, PRM 6 Pack Grab Bar, Ricochet A-Arm guards, 23" Front ITP Pro Series, Kenda Kutters XC on DWT Red Labels, Motion Pro Twist Throttle,Maier Plastics, Elkas Front Shocks (Preload)
post #25 of 75 Old 07-06-2011, 07:59 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
you cant hardly beat a uni or k n or velocity type filter with an ehs lid, this set up is for trails, gncc type stuff is great

08 700XX PRM Six Pack Rack Hardline hour meter EHS EFI Controller EHS Lid with side vents Barker Full Exhaust Uni Air Filter alba nerfs elka stg4 fronts sti rims kutter front gbcxrex rear
post #26 of 75 Old 07-06-2011, 08:19 PM

If you think the Ehs lid will keep out the dust, you are wrong It will keep out the most of the water

The best in the business

Bo White 205-886-7043
Ed @

Chris & Mike
post #27 of 75 Old 07-06-2011, 08:21 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
You can buy this one http://store.knfilters.com/search/pr...x?Prod=HA-6808

It's funny that they are worried about the crankcase breather even though that's it's only blowing air out. Review the Installation instructions

Supertrapp SL, Pro Design Filter, PCIII, PRM Baja Front Bumper, PRM 6 Pack Grab Bar, Ricochet A-Arm guards, 23" Front ITP Pro Series, Kenda Kutters XC on DWT Red Labels, Motion Pro Twist Throttle,Maier Plastics, Elkas Front Shocks (Preload)
post #28 of 75 Old 07-06-2011, 08:26 PM

The ehs lid def. Does not keep the dust out last time I rode it was dry and my filter was wrapped up with dust.

Pro Armor Fatpeg Nerfs
Pro Armor Skidplate
Razr 2's all around
Dynojet PCV
Curtis Sparks X6 Exhaust
PRM Desert II Bumper
CP 11:1 piston
WEBB 290 Cam
Ported +1 head by Bo White
HDD +3 Throttle Body

Loud Pipes Save Lives
post #29 of 75 Old 07-06-2011, 08:42 PM

You can make a lid for 12.00$. A sheet of prefilter is 10.00-12.00$$.

The best in the business

Bo White 205-886-7043
Ed @

Chris & Mike

Last edited by boost addict; 07-06-2011 at 08:46 PM.
post #30 of 75 Old 07-06-2011, 10:13 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to smo0oth1
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpappdaddy View Post
Anybody have the velocity filter? How does it breath? The combination Im looking at is the velocity filter with the ehs lid. A lot of people like the Uni filters is that do to cost or5 performance or both?
I run the velocity, It performs as needed. I chose it for the extra flow capacity it has over the other filters. Allot of people will argue that the gauze style filter do not filter well but I don't ride dusty terrain so its not my concern.
As far as the EHS lid goes.... I feel allot of people are misled as to what the function and benefits are, You can spend the money in other area's and actually get some bang for ya buck. The design without side vents will actually hinder flow, I haven't had the revised unit but feel it's impact is minimal. Anyway - If you ride extreme terrain and your filter with a outterwear is not sufficient than the lid may help, If your looking for performance, Look elsewhere.

I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode