User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 05-13-2011, 10:52 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Sparkplug color

Hey guys.

I have been riding with the big three for a month or so and i havent thought of checking the sparkplugg untill now. What should the color of the sparkplugg look like? Is this ok, and what about the exhaust isnt there a little bit to much of soot? I have the quiet core in and the settings of the efi is just like EHS recommend.
Thanks in advance.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tändstift.jpg (105.7 KB, 43 views)
File Type: jpg exhaust.jpg (134.8 KB, 23 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 05-13-2011, 11:46 AM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
You are rich...it should be like a brown paper bag color...I have seen worse.

734 09 Raptor
Meglodon by Bo,KW springs, Web 4 Cam, 54mm TB, 105.5mm CP cylinder, 14:1 CP,Barkers Inframe,Dynatek Coil,PC V,Dynatek Programable ignition,CCP stabilizer,+5 swinger,Boss Noss Sys, Direct Drive Lock-up, KDS Evac valve,HID Light conversion,SPAL fan
Tuned by EHS Racing 78hp 55Tq
post #3 of 8 Old 05-13-2011, 12:44 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Your spark plug is the best indicator to see if you're lean or rich. Your exhaust tip isn't. You need to put in a NEW plug, run it a bit and then check color. Paper bag brown is what you want... NOT white (lean) or black(ish) (rich). You can lean out a bit by going down .5 on your green, yellow and red settings... I do this all the time when I ride at altitude... on the side of the trail in less than 5 min.

roadkill
Attached Images
File Type: jpg plug.jpg (61.5 KB, 24 views)

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
"You lock the door and throw away the key. There's someone in my head, but it's not me."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
R. Waters
x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

post #4 of 8 Old 05-13-2011, 02:07 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for your help, i am gonna buy me a new sparkplug and adjust the settings and see if that helps.
post #5 of 8 Old 05-13-2011, 05:40 PM

Make sure to do the plug read correctly, you can research on line. I warm mine up a bit with the old plug. Put in the new plug. Take off and wind it out. Clutch it and kill it at WOT. Check the plug, should be a fuzzy tan. You can do the same at other throttle positions as well if you are concerned about midrange too. Use a new plug every read. You can use them later, but it is best to have a clean slate for each read.

The exhaust isn't a real good indicator, but black is way better than clean. If you are clean then you can stand to be richer, but you can't really tell if you are too rich by this unless it is very obvious. Mine is black, the plug looks just like I like it, it runs great and way cooler than stock.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
KASH 2011
post #6 of 8 Old 05-13-2011, 06:00 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Baxter
Sorry for hijacking the thread.
sp1 004-1.jpg
Could anyone help me out with this one.
This was used at last dirt oval. Alot of idle when queuing then flat out when racing.
The engine was warmed up to the point of frying.
My plug has been the same for the last 12 months no matter what I race.

2008 TT-ReXX , 2003 400ex and 2014 CRF250r.
Products used, abused and loved from:
Ed at

Alex at

Jim at

Kyle at

With out these guys , it would not be as much fun.
post #7 of 8 Old 05-13-2011, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baxter View Post
Sorry for hijacking the thread.
Attachment 3134
Could anyone help me out with this one.
This was used at last dirt oval. Alot of idle when queuing then flat out when racing.
The engine was warmed up to the point of frying.
My plug has been the same for the last 12 months no matter what I race.
The fuel injector only sprays from one side. Looks good to me.

The best in the business

High Desert Dyno/Cuervo Racing

Bo White 205-886-7043
Ed @

Chris & Mike
post #8 of 8 Old 05-13-2011, 06:15 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Baxter
Cheers Buddy. I have been waiting for the motor to lock up and throw me into a tree.

2008 TT-ReXX , 2003 400ex and 2014 CRF250r.
Products used, abused and loved from:
Ed at

Alex at

Jim at

Kyle at

With out these guys , it would not be as much fun.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode