Big Bore? - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old 05-30-2011, 07:43 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Question Big Bore?

So i raced my buddy the other day on his Raptor 700. He beat me by about a quad length with all the things done to my 700 (Hes has the same things on his) i need to know what i can add to it to make it faster. I figured im looking at a Big Bore kit. I need one that will still allow me to ride for hours without having to fill up every 5 minutes. i was thinking the 727 kit but i dont know if it would be enough to absolutely dominate his Raptor. Please help...Thanks Chris

2008 700xx

Full HMF Competition Series Exhaust.....HMF optimizer.....K&N Intake.....Kenda Kutters.....DG A-Arm Guards.....Pro Armor Skid plate.....Moto Activ Chivalry Bumper.....Moto Activ Extreme Nerf bars.....Custom Ostrich Skin Seat cover (Made by D&F Auto Sales & Service LLC.).....Shockwears.....Pro Grip Gel Grips.....EBC Clutch kit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 05-30-2011, 08:58 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to smo0oth1
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjones0007 View Post
So i raced my buddy the other day on his Raptor 700. He beat me by about a quad length with all the things done to my 700 (Hes has the same things on his) i need to know what i can add to it to make it faster. I figured im looking at a Big Bore kit. I need one that will still allow me to ride for hours without having to fill up every 5 minutes. i was thinking the 727 kit but i dont know if it would be enough to absolutely dominate his Raptor. Please help...Thanks Chris
A cam and or ported head would be your best bet. If you aren't happy with the results they can be used with the a big bore to really make some power. The cam and ported head would make more power than just the BB alone.

I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
post #3 of 14 Old 05-30-2011, 11:23 AM Thread Starter

If I port the head and put a bigger cam in It, wouldn't I have to change the valves? What steps would I have to take, and what price range would I expect? Thanks for your help.

2008 700xx

Full HMF Competition Series Exhaust.....HMF optimizer.....K&N Intake.....Kenda Kutters.....DG A-Arm Guards.....Pro Armor Skid plate.....Moto Activ Chivalry Bumper.....Moto Activ Extreme Nerf bars.....Custom Ostrich Skin Seat cover (Made by D&F Auto Sales & Service LLC.).....Shockwears.....Pro Grip Gel Grips.....EBC Clutch kit

post #4 of 14 Old 05-30-2011, 11:27 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to smo0oth1
Quote:
If I port the head and put a bigger cam in It, wouldn't I have to change the valves? What steps would I have to take, and what price range would I expect? Thanks for your help.
No you would not need to change the valves and expect to spend about $450-500 for the cam, gaskets, fluids and port work. Labor not included. There are many topics covering this stuff. It would be best to look over some of them to get an idea of what your looking to.

I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
post #5 of 14 Old 05-30-2011, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smo0oth1 View Post
A cam and or ported head would be your best bet. If you aren't happy with the results they can be used with the a big bore to really make some power. The cam and ported head would make more power than just the BB alone.
I agree with smooth, get some head work, cam, high comp piston, and a +3 throttle body.

HDD BUILT...EVERYONE ELSE IS RACING FOR SECOND
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

08 Black/Red XX - Sparks big core exhaust, FCI custom intake with K&N, Webb 290 cam, White Knuckle 727cc big bore, CP 13:1 piston, Cuervo Racing +2 head, 48mm Lectron carb, MSD ignition, MSD coil 68HP/53TQ FOR SALE

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(DL700)
Jody (Boost Addict)
post #6 of 14 Old 05-30-2011, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Call eric at ehs, he can simplify you problems. Also he knows raptors better than anybody so he knows what it takes to beat em. Hes also offering a special on some head work right now

Last edited by Onebad700xx; 05-30-2011 at 08:16 PM.
post #7 of 14 Old 05-30-2011, 03:27 PM

Smaller rear tires and gearing back up will get you that bike length if you are on a limited budget. If you want to stick with the 22s, piston, cam, and/or head work would be where I would go next.

KASH 2011
post #8 of 14 Old 05-30-2011, 06:18 PM

Send a message via AIM to xx700xx
13 tooth sprocket and launching in 2nd gear might ultimately be the $8 route to victory, haha. What is the weight of each rider? My friend has a XX with pcv, high comp piston and st. 2 hot cam. I beat him simply because I weigh 100 lbs. less.

post #9 of 14 Old 05-31-2011, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xx700xx View Post
13 tooth sprocket and launching in 2nd gear might ultimately be the $8 route to victory, haha. What is the weight of each rider? My friend has a XX with pcv, high comp piston and st. 2 hot cam. I beat him simply because I weigh 100 lbs. less.
The 13t is better for drag racing than the 14t?? (Stock tires)

'08 TRX700XX List 'O Mods:
13t Drive
ASV Shorty Lever(s)
MQ Brake Block
Honda Racing Front Bumper
Alba Pro Elite Nerfs (Chrome)
J-n-J Full Skids
Uni Filter
Teixeira Tech Anti-Vibe Steering Stem +2 @ 1.25"
CCP Steering Stabilizer
Streamline SS Brake Lines
Precision-RP Shock & Vibe Handlebar Clamp
Easton EXP M99 53/RM Mid Bars
MotoGrip Black Skulls
Offensive Fender Warning Tags
Black Shock Covers
FST Radiator Guard
Relocated Indicator Lights
Maier Top Cover
Tusk Gas Cap

post #10 of 14 Old 05-31-2011, 11:09 AM

I run the stock sprocket and I still launch in second. I can barely beat big three 450's I don't think you'll be able to keep up with a rappy mod for mod.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode