Big Problems!!! - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 05-30-2011, 09:02 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Big Problems!!!

So, I changed my oil two days ago and I noticed that it had a little water in it. I didnt think much about it because I figured it might have got in my engine when I was washing it or something. Well, I went riding yesterday and just happened to check my coolant level and noticed I had oil in my coolant. There was enough in there to make my coolant have foam on the top and it was almost black. After seeing this I am assuming that the water in my oil was not from washing it or riding through water. Does anybody know where these two fluids can mix in the engine? I need some sort of a diagram of the head or the block. Any info is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2008 RED/BLACK 700xx
EHS/Barker Big 3, UNI air filter, 10" ITP T-9 wheels, front tires Razr2 22x7x10, rear tires Razr2 22x11x10

"If you live in the mountains you do one of three things coal mine, moonshine, or move it on down the line."- Coal Miners Daughter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 05-30-2011, 09:06 AM

Send a message via AIM to dagirl71
not sure if this helps...I use this site to buy parts very cheap compared to my local dealer:

http://www.masoncityhonda.com/fiche_...008&fveh=20221

or this link for the service manual

https://www.club700xx.com/vb/showthre...service+manual

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Da Girl
Quit your whining get out and ride
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

When you strive to be like someone all you end up being is a good copy of a great original!!!Be your own GREAT ORIGINAL!!!

Last edited by dagirl71; 05-30-2011 at 09:08 AM.
post #3 of 6 Old 05-30-2011, 09:33 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to smo0oth1
More than likely your head gasket or possibly a cracked cylinder. There is an O-ring in the lower cylinder but if it leaked you'd only end up with water in the oil, not both as you say yours is. Had you got it hot at anytime? You can confirm a leak by running the bike with the radiator cap off and checking for bubbles.

I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.

post #4 of 6 Old 05-31-2011, 04:22 PM Thread Starter

I am thinking maybe its a head gasket problem. I just checked my oil 30 minutes ago and the dipstick was bone dry... I think some of my oil is in the coolant and the rest of it is getting burned because when you rev it up in neutral it puffs blue smoke. Has anyone else ever had this problem of heard of this happening?

2008 RED/BLACK 700xx
EHS/Barker Big 3, UNI air filter, 10" ITP T-9 wheels, front tires Razr2 22x7x10, rear tires Razr2 22x11x10

"If you live in the mountains you do one of three things coal mine, moonshine, or move it on down the line."- Coal Miners Daughter
post #5 of 6 Old 05-31-2011, 05:13 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Baxter
I have had a cracked liner, all it did was wear the rings down and one side of the piston. I would try a compression test or even a cooling system pressure check. The spark plug may tell you something,when you pull it out.

2008 TT-ReXX , 2003 400ex and 2014 CRF250r.
Products used, abused and loved from:
Ed at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Alex at

Jim at

Kyle at

With out these guys , it would not be as much fun.
post #6 of 6 Old 06-01-2011, 09:54 AM

there is a mechanical seal in the water pump that can cause it as well. when it leaks through the head it still has to go past your rings generally it will go out the exhaust when running when it is hot a shut off it can fill the cylinder up and leak past rings if its leaking a lot in compression area thats when bad things will happen water doesnt ignite and will need to escape somehow which is what breaks parts. if you have a crack in cylinder it can leak into cases while its running. i would check your water pump seal first its much easier and would explain more why you have oil in the overflow

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode