Programmer info needed for anyone that has added one! - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 Old 07-08-2011, 07:46 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Question Programmer info needed for anyone that has added one!

Well I'm working on a turbo 700 right now, besides from trying to figure out if it's really necessary for an intercooler, I need to find out what's the best programmer out to tune with. I will have pictures up as soon as I figure out the intercooler situation. If anyone as any info on the programmers that are out right now and care to share their information about it, it would be much appreciated. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 Old 07-08-2011, 08:02 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to smo0oth1
The Power Commander or Vortex ECU would be your best options and can do everything needed.

I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
post #3 of 26 Old 07-08-2011, 08:06 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by smo0oth1 View Post
The Power Commander or Vortex ECU would be your best options and can do everything needed.
Is it self tunable or do you have to download different maps for it?

post #4 of 26 Old 07-08-2011, 08:49 PM

Send a message via AIM to xx700xx
If you're going turbo you will need to have it tuned. I dont think there is any map out there for a turbo xx. Also, I would definitely run a intercooler.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 26 Old 07-08-2011, 08:51 PM

It is self tuneable, the powercommander 5 has a seperate input for an add on sensor(probably good for boost). It also has capability of switching between 2 maps on the fly. And you can get a wideband 02 sensor and watch what it does on alaptop.

MY RIDES

Amish washing the buggy^^^^
post #6 of 26 Old 07-08-2011, 08:58 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by xx700xx View Post
If you're going turbo you will need to have it tuned. I dont think there is any map out there for a turbo xx. Also, I would definitely run a intercooler.
Well there are to scenarios I'm playing with right now on where to mount it, if I can figure out a safe way to run the piping. But I'm also worried about water hitting it, as hot as it gets I wouldn't want to crack the exhaust housing. So I'm playing around with it right now. But I'm trying to figure out if there are self tunable ones
post #7 of 26 Old 07-08-2011, 09:03 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by traitor08 View Post
It is self tuneable, the powercommander 5 has a seperate input for an add on sensor(probably good for boost). It also has capability of switching between 2 maps on the fly. And you can get a wideband 02 sensor and watch what it does on alaptop.
Well I ran across a dynojet one that has an O2 sensor that plugs in and adjusts itself to the proper A/F ratio, but I don't know how well is it. But I'm going to try and read more up on that one I'm just basically getting testimonies on them.
post #8 of 26 Old 07-08-2011, 09:04 PM

Send a message via AIM to xx700xx
The turbine housing will not crack. I'm not saying go submerge it red hot in water but you'll be fine. I've seen red hot turbo headers dumped in water due to impatience and stupidity. That header didn't crack but is also had really good welds. A solid cast turbine housing should be fine.

post #9 of 26 Old 07-08-2011, 09:14 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by xx700xx View Post
The turbine housing will not crack. I'm not saying go submerge it red hot in water but you'll be fine. I've seen red hot turbo headers dumped in water due to impatience and stupidity. That header didn't crack but is also had really good welds. A solid cast turbine housing should be fine.
Well I'm leaning more towards where the air box use to be it's the safest place for it. No muffler just straight pipe out the back and piping can be squeezed between the motor and frame for the intercooler. Oh the turbo choice is between a t15 and a t25.
post #10 of 26 Old 07-08-2011, 09:28 PM

I would really love to see this finished. I got some tractor weights you could put on front to keep it down....

MY RIDES

Amish washing the buggy^^^^
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
turbo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode