Interesting information on Two Brothers settings - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 03-10-2009, 12:14 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
grin Interesting information on Two Brothers settings

Since I have both programmers on my quad (only one connected at any given time though) I was wondering why my settings according to Two Brothers' dyno page only made my quad run worse when their instruction page said otherwise.

As a result of my confusion I reached out to Two Brothers' customer service. I ended up working with Keith, who was super friendly and prompt with his replies. He said that the numbers listed for the dyno run were before the software was optimized and then reloaded onto the juiceboxes sold. So yes, use the ones with the instructions and not the ones listed for their dyno. Here are Keith's words:

Quote:
You have a keen eye to notice the settings on the Dyno graph are not the same as the ones in the instructions. Well, actually they are. When we do our dyno testing we just adjust the LEDs to the position that works best, then once we find them we "recenter" the range of adjustment to bring the optimal setting back to the middle of the range, or around LED 4. As you can see the settings on the Dyno are very high in the LED range, close to 8, which is the maximum setting. If we left them there you, the customer/tuner, would not have any more room to add more fuel if you so desire. So we "recenter" the ranges to the middle of the LED bar so that you can go up or down from there, to your liking. The actual fuel amounts are the same after we recenter the ranges. For example: the 8th LED is equivalent to 100% of the range. If the Range is 20% fuel then you are adding 20% fuel. If we increase the range to 40% fuel and then select LED 4 or 50% of the range, the actual fuel added is 20%, just like LED 8 on a range of 20%. I hope that was clear. We have control of all the variables with our software so we try to setup the ranges so they are easy to use by the end user.
Also unplugging the programmer does not clear out any monkeying around that you may have done; you have to go in and change it yourself.

They also do not create any PCIII maps...

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 03-11-2009, 06:03 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by scuzz View Post

They also do not create any PCIII maps...
They need to fix that. Not that it would matter for me but they do.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2008 Honda TRX700XX | 13t Sprocket | HID Headlights | Steering Dampner | ITP Baja Fronts / ITP Pro's Rear | Maxxis RAZR2's all the way around!
post #3 of 3 Old 07-25-2010, 01:59 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
scuzz, i realize you might not have this controller any longer, but did you ever find a "sweet spot" setting on this programmer that was good for all around trail ridding, if so, could you pass it along? It seems like you could program/test this thing all day long.

Reply from 192.168.13.100: bytes=32 time=16275001ms TTL=128
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode