Barker Exhaust System - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 Old 07-17-2011, 12:35 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Barker Exhaust System

Has anyone else had any trouble with the Barker Exhaust system blowing the exhaust air out of the joint where the head pipe & muffler connect? If so what is the fix. Mine did not do this at first installation, but about 5 hours into a ride yesterday it is leaking bad there..., and sounds basically like a straight pipe because so much air is passing through there instead of the muffler. Everything is still in the proper positioning & everything is still bolted solid & the spring is still in the proper place. Nothing is out of place or loose. I can't figure out what is going on. Anyone know?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 Old 07-17-2011, 02:18 PM

I have a buddy that races and he puts some high temp silicone on his joints.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MY RIDES

Amish washing the buggy^^^^
post #3 of 23 Old 07-17-2011, 03:16 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Baxter
If you are using the QC , just check it is still in one piece. Mine did something similar because the QC broke and was jammed in the last bend before the cannister. Mine was one of the early Barkers and I believe the QC has been upgraded.

2008 TT-ReXX , 2003 400ex and 2014 CRF250r.
Products used, abused and loved from:
Ed at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Alex at

Jim at

Kyle at

With out these guys , it would not be as much fun.

post #4 of 23 Old 07-17-2011, 04:15 PM

Send a message via AIM to xx700xx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baxter View Post
If you are using the QC , just check it is still in one piece. Mine did something similar because the QC broke and was jammed in the last bend before the cannister. Mine was one of the early Barkers and I believe the QC has been upgraded.
By QC do you mean quiet core? If you do they're an insert at the exhaust tip. The spark arrestor on the quiet core I've seen blow out but it doesn't get stuck anywhere within the exhaust. You might need to replace the crush gasket if there is one. I can't remember but if there is you might need a new one up front.

post #5 of 23 Old 07-17-2011, 08:08 PM

Have you tried contacting barkers? Their customer service is on par with EHS and L8ton racing! See how they can help. I have seen them bend over backward to do so before if an issue were to arise!

Port and Polishing w/ +1 Valves by Illinois Powersports
11:1 CP 715cc Big Bore Piston
290 Web Cam
+3 Throttle Body
PCV Tuned by Illinois Powersports
61.52 HP 48.24 TQ

Special Thanks To
Illinois Powersports
630-365-6722

post #6 of 23 Old 07-18-2011, 09:57 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xx700xx View Post
By QC do you mean quiet core? If you do they're an insert at the exhaust tip. The spark arrestor on the quiet core I've seen blow out but it doesn't get stuck anywhere within the exhaust. You might need to replace the crush gasket if there is one. I can't remember but if there is you might need a new one up front.
The old Barker QC can break where the tube joins with the ring (spark arrester ring) and can slip down into the muffler and then into the mid pipe. I've had 2 QCs do this and before I put my 3rd one in, I weld reinforced the ring/tube connection... No more QCs breaking.

roadkill

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
"You lock the door and throw away the key. There's someone in my head, but it's not me."

R. Waters
x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

post #7 of 23 Old 07-18-2011, 09:59 AM

I am on my 3rd heat sheild and was charged for each one

The best in the business

High Desert Dyno/Cuervo Racing

Bo White 205-886-7043
Ed @

Chris & Mike
post #8 of 23 Old 07-18-2011, 06:33 PM Thread Starter

I have not tried to contact Barkers. I guess maybe I should try. What is the best way to contact them? The exhaust tip & quiet core all seem to be intact also. There is nothing that appears out of place or loose. It is just leaking like crazy around the joint. Has this not happen to anybody else?
post #9 of 23 Old 07-18-2011, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dddunn63 View Post
I have not tried to contact Barkers. I guess maybe I should try. What is the best way to contact them? The exhaust tip & quiet core all seem to be intact also. There is nothing that appears out of place or loose. It is just leaking like crazy around the joint. Has this not happen to anybody else?
Eric can give you their number and tell you the best person to talk to. I have not had this problem, how tight is the fit?

KASH 2011
post #10 of 23 Old 07-18-2011, 06:56 PM

Barkers #. 1- 989-269-6921 and ask for Mike

The best in the business

High Desert Dyno/Cuervo Racing

Bo White 205-886-7043
Ed @

Chris & Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode