HMF Optimizer - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 03-11-2009, 12:19 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
HMF Optimizer

I just got my 08 700xx and ordered a full HMF sport series exhaust, Pro flow K&N, and the HMF optimizer. I just wanted to know what you guys have your optimizer set at? On HMF website they say 1.5/3.5/3.5 will that be the best for what I have? With the Pro Flow K&N kit should I run that with the air box lid off? Thanks for any help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 03-11-2009, 06:09 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to smo0oth1
I had the HMF optimizer with exhaust and air cleaner and found it ran at its best with it on stock settings. I tried moving it up a bit but the quad would stall. I'm not a fan of running with the lid off as its questionable gains. If money permits in the future you should get a PCIII
post #3 of 13 Old 03-11-2009, 03:13 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
If it ran the best with the stock settings, wouldn't that mean there was not really a gain? Considering it's still using the stock fuel map wouldn't the added air lean out the mixture?

2008 Honda 700xx Red/Black, Full Alba Exhaust, UNI Filter, EHS Lid, PC3, 13T Front,Pro Armor Pro XC Bumper (BIGGEST P.O.S EVER MADE), Pro Armor Full Chassis/Swing Arm Skids, PRM A-Arm Skids, Maxxis RAZR fronts and rears. In the works, ported/polished head, custom cam, ported T/B.

1997 Toyota Supra Black/Black with a little boost and 1300 hp
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2003 Mustang Cobra ditched the S/C for a 80mm hairdryer
2007 Yamaha R1 Charcoal/Black
2013 BMW 335 Coupe Deep Sea Blue/Black

post #4 of 13 Old 03-11-2009, 03:17 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
The HMF fuel programmer should be pre-programmed with optimal settings which would be an improvement over the stock map, but don't misunderstand it as just the Honda ECU sending the stock signal through the HMF programmer unmodified. (because the HMF programmer would be modifying the base "signal" to the injector.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Last edited by scuzz; 03-13-2009 at 01:57 PM.
post #5 of 13 Old 03-27-2009, 04:35 PM

I have a Sport Series HMF slip on and Optimizer on the way. For those who have installed an Optimizer, are there any tips or pitfalls to be on the look out for in the installation process?

05 300EX / 06 Foreman / 07 400EX / 08 700XX
post #6 of 13 Old 03-27-2009, 11:10 PM

When I installed my HMF Bill Ballance Pro Series slip-on and head pipe I installed the HMF Optimizer GenIII. When you get ready to hook up the Optimizer take off the seat. Look up close to the gas tank you will see a plastic "hood" like covering over the injectors. Additionally, there is a rubber mat that needs to come out too. You will then see the injector that you need to hook the Optimizer into, just carefully unplug the plug on top of the injector and plug it into the Optimizer and then plug the Optimizer into the injector. I ran my ground wire to a silver looking bracket on the left side of the bike. I then used the zip ties to neatly run the wires toward the back of the seat and mounted the unit on the bike. It is really hard to explain, I can take pics tomorrow and then upload a how-to and some tips that I came accross during install. Right now HMF reccomends Mode1=1.5, Mode2=3.5=Mode3=3.5. If you have the Gen.III you have a Mode4 and Mode5 that are currently locked until a later firmware upgrade to the unit. I just wanted to point that out because I was confused about having 3 values for 5 modes. After reading up on the subject I learned that no matter what you set Mode4 and Mode5 to, the settings for those two modes will not take effect due to them being locked. I can't wait until HMF will realese an upgrade that will allow us to use those two additional modes and the values needed for each of them.
post #7 of 13 Old 03-28-2009, 08:02 AM

Thanks bkabner, sounds like you don't have to dig too deep to get to the connections, that's good news. Not sure what model I'm getting. I ordered it directly from HMF so hopefully it is the newest version.

05 300EX / 06 Foreman / 07 400EX / 08 700XX
post #8 of 13 Old 03-28-2009, 08:50 PM

Well I guess the new version of something is always better to have for future programming modifications. I talked with a buddy today at HMF about the gen. II having 5 modes. The first three are as any other programmer and the last two are for turbo and nitrous applications. I was worried about changing some of my mode4 and mode5 settings, so I called him up today on his cell while at work to get the factory defaults from him. He said that the settings were not actually locked like I had been told b4, but that they just didn't have any effect on the bike.

Also, today I decided it wasn't raining and I wanted to ride down the road to try out the new head pipe that I installed. Bad idea, I had on under armor sweatpants and the heat from the exhaust must have adhered them toward it and burnt the freakin' things. So being kind of pissed I decided to see if the factory head pipe cover would fit over the new header. After a little modification and clamps and a lot of slipped "bad words" I was able to get it securely back on the quad.

Also, today I was able to dyno my quad using a buddies dyno, I will have some results with graphs probably in the next few days. So....as soon as I get those back from him I will upload them to the site.

So now a funny story...I got my programmer set back up with the correct settings and the factory head pipe guard on as well. I decided to take one last trip down the road. I had to put some WD-40 on one of the gaurd bolts to get it to break loose. So I start up the Xx and I see smoke coming off the headpipe...and I'm thinking crap I over-tightened one of the hose clamps and damaged the head pipe. Well once the WD-40 all burns off it quits...and I'm there on my knees thanking God. So I hop on and start down the road, I let out of the throttle and it sputtered and quit. I was really starting to freak out...So I reach down and turn on the reserve and it took right back off. I really thought had messed something up today..I finally realized that I was just being to paranoid! My buddies were laughing at me, but I mean my XX is my baby what do you expect? LoL
post #9 of 13 Old 04-04-2009, 07:24 PM

Hey guys...I just wanted to update on the new settings that I'm running on my HMF Optimizer right now. After a test and tune session today at a local GNCC practice track..I have changed my settings to 2/4/4. I tried to move the settings up even more, but I started getting a lot of popping and back-firing from the exhaust.
post #10 of 13 Old 04-04-2009, 08:01 PM Thread Starter

Thats what I have my HMF Optimizer set at too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode