Now the seat?!? C'mon!!! - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 Old 07-31-2011, 03:59 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Now the seat?!? C'mon!!!

Ever have one of those days? I finally get the EHS programmer/lid and the K&N filter installed and now I can't get the stupid seat back on!

I have tried 20 times but it won't go. I've had this trouble before but have always managed to get it on - till today!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2009 700XX Black - 13T, PRM Desert II + Side Bars (black), L8ton 9/16, Power Form Pro complete skids, K&N, EHS Big 3
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old 07-31-2011, 04:52 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to smo0oth1
Admin will love you for this

I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
post #3 of 19 Old 07-31-2011, 05:41 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Baxter
Quote:
Originally Posted by hipowernut View Post
Ever have one of those days? I finally get the EHS programmer/lid and the K&N filter installed and now I can't get the stupid seat back on!

I have tried 20 times but it won't go. I've had this trouble before but have always managed to get it on - till today!!!
Where did you fit the programmer ?

2008 TT-ReXX , 2003 400ex and 2014 CRF250r.
Products used, abused and loved from:
Ed at

Alex at

Jim at

Kyle at

With out these guys , it would not be as much fun.

post #4 of 19 Old 07-31-2011, 06:52 PM Thread Starter

I mounted the programmer under the seat on the vertical sidewall, same place many others have mounted.

Oh - and I finally got the seat back on at attempt 25. I did several searches in these forums to find comments or tricks about seat installation but I couldn't find any.

Boy the thing runs great. I didn't install a pipe so I guess I'm at 2/3 of the big 3. I really don't want a loud pipe at this point, maybe later. EHS programmer was super easy to install and change settings.

2009 700XX Black - 13T, PRM Desert II + Side Bars (black), L8ton 9/16, Power Form Pro complete skids, K&N, EHS Big 3
post #5 of 19 Old 07-31-2011, 09:37 PM
Sid

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
hipowernut,
I wish I could find out who designed the seat attachment points. It had to be the same guy/gal that put the screw in the air clean hold-down bracket with Loctite. I have decided that barely starting the left side of the seat into the slot and pivoting it to the right side works about 20 to 30% of the time. The rest of the time I spew out colorful language. That works more often then not. When the machine is hot it is totally different then when it is cold. When cold it takes less effort. Gotta love that cheap plastic. Sorry, if I sound upset but there just some things about that machine that are really odd.
Sid
post #6 of 19 Old 07-31-2011, 09:39 PM

My seat goes on in about 5 seconds.

MY RIDES

Amish washing the buggy^^^^
post #7 of 19 Old 07-31-2011, 09:48 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I have never had a problem with my seat either.

08 700xx,HMF Ballance Exhaust,HMF Optimizer,Honda Racing Skids, J&J A-Arm Skid Plates, Grip Heaters,13 Tooth Sprocket,Prm Six Pack Rack,6000k Hi/Lo HID lights,22x9-11 Kenda Kutters- summer,24x10-11 GBC Gators- winter,Trail Tech Voyager, Powermadd Handgaurds, Front Springs on All 4 Corners, GBC X-Rex 23x7-10, UNI Air Filter, Custom Outerwears Pre-Filter for a UNI,Odi Rouge Grips,Reverse Rev Limiter on a Switch,L8ton 11/16 Sway Bar
post #8 of 19 Old 08-01-2011, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hipowernut View Post

ive had a few different makes of quad and although i like the xx it must have the hardest seat in the world to go on...though it was just me...
post #9 of 19 Old 08-01-2011, 02:16 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I take the rear of the and press it slightly above my D*** and use both arms to press in on the very front points of the seat and do a slight "hump" motion then pull the latch and press down lol... its a way to make love and put the seat back on this babe! LMFAO

TEAM TORQUE RACING
2009 TRX700XX
Visual: Maier white/black carbon fiber body, 22x11x10 and 22x7x10 razrs on ITP SS112, Renthal bars, ProArmor full nerfs, pro grip grips, red underglow, 55W Bi-xenon H.I.Ds

Performance: Full barkers exhaust, PC5, EHS air box lid, P&P Shaved Head, Hardwelded Rockers, Stage 3 Hot Cam, 11:1 CP piston, K&N filter, 13T, 14T, 15T, 16T & 35T, 37T primary drive. & NO2

post #10 of 19 Old 08-01-2011, 02:30 PM

Have you guys ever tried fitting the seats onto the Honda Utilities? My Rinconand and my dads Rancher are ridiculous.

2008 Honda TRX700XX
*Curtis Sparks X-6 Full Exhaust
*Power Commander V
*Pro Design Air Filter
*Elka Stage One Shocks
*Pro Taper Evo Bars
*Trail Tech Big Bar Clamp
*MSR Clutch Perch
*Powermadd Handguards
*ODI Rogue Grips
*IMS 5gal Tank
*Pro Armor XC Bumper
*PRM Full Skid Plates
*Maxxis Razr II Tires
*ITP Aluminum Rims

2007 Honda Rincon GPScape

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode