Polished Barker Exhaust? - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 08-26-2011, 07:52 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Polished Barker Exhaust?

Wondering if any of you guys have polished your Barker exhaust? Mine is looking pretty rough. I would like it to be shiney like it used to be. I've tried steel wool, mother's polish, and never dull. Nothing brings back that original shine. It just looks dirty brown all the time. Suggestions???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 08-26-2011, 07:55 PM

They make them for the raptors, so it is possible. Sorry that's all i know.

The best in the business
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

High Desert Dyno/Cuervo Racing
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Bo White 205-886-7043
Ed @

Chris & Mike
post #3 of 5 Old 08-26-2011, 07:56 PM Thread Starter

It say's it's 304 stainless. So it should be able to be polished?

post #4 of 5 Old 09-02-2011, 10:06 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red-N-BlackXX View Post
It say's it's 304 stainless. So it should be able to be polished?
From many years in the jewelry making business I know that stainless can be polished to a mirror finish, but will require some special products than can be purchased online from any of dozens of supply outlets for jewelry making.

Brown Tripoli Buffing Compound... Will clean surface and provide a base for mirror polishing. Comes in a 1 pound bar @ $3.95 *Note: You will need muffler can removed to be able to turn it to get ALL surfaces. Bench mounted buffer with cloth buffing wheel works best. You will also need to clean muffler can with mild soap and water after each step to remove polishing compound residue. You don't want ANY remaining on part when you go to next step. You also need to remove it from buffing wheel. It's a wax based bar so Dawn dish soap works well.

2. Yellow Rouge Buffing Compound... For mirror finish... Also comes in 1 pound bar @ $6.50. Repeat above steps.

roadkill

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
"You lock the door and throw away the key. There's someone in my head, but it's not me."

R. Waters
x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

post #5 of 5 Old 09-02-2011, 02:36 PM

the head pipe? if so you are going to have to sand it in several stages then polish the can is aluminum i usually use a sander with a 3m finish disc gives it a good look and its really quick

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode