Lexx MXe Slip-On - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 09-01-2011, 09:43 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Lexx MXe Slip-On

I just ordered the Lexx MXe Slip-on. I got it off ebay for about $166 with free shipping. I've been reading about these and they seem to be pretty decent for the price. This will be my first mod of any kind on my 700xx other than nerf bars that I installed last year.

If anyone here has any info or suggestions about the Lexx, please let me know. It should arrive sometime this week or next week and info would be greatly appreciated.

Shonie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Heckle: 2008 TRX 700xx - Lexx Slip-on, Lexx Programmer,K&N Air Filter, Alba Nerf Bars, Honda Racing Skid Plates

Jeckle: 2008 TRX 700xx - AC Racing Full Exhaust, EHS Programmer, K&N Air Filter, Honda Racing Skid Plates, Alba Nerf Bars, K&N Air Filter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 09-01-2011, 06:18 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
yeah they are cheap but you pay for what you get,id rather have a DG slip on than lexx dg are cheap too, id rather have an EHS fuel controller than just a slip on if i was going that route then get a full exhaust later, your bike will probaly run better with a controller and no slip on,since they are way too lean from the factory, just my opinion

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
08 700XX PRM Six Pack Rack Hardline hour meter EHS EFI Controller EHS Lid with side vents Barker Full Exhaust Uni Air Filter alba nerfs elka stg4 fronts sti rims kutter front gbcxrex rear
post #3 of 10 Old 09-01-2011, 09:05 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I don't know about the Lexx for the 700xx, but I have a Lexx on my 400ex and like it much better than the White Bros pipe I used to have.

Currently: 400ex, Lexx MXe, K&N w/outerwears
Outlaw 525 IRS

Save the Oregon Dunes!

post #4 of 10 Old 09-01-2011, 10:20 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Prolly won't notice much with a sip on, programmer is the best bet for first mod. And its the only time I heard somebody say it was more noticeable than the white bros pipe.

MY RIDES

Amish washing the buggy^^^^
post #5 of 10 Old 09-02-2011, 10:00 AM Thread Starter

I looked at my 700xx like I look at my trucks when new. The first thing I do is replace the exhaust so it can breathe. I figured it would be the same with my 700xx.

I will be getting a programmer next, but still I looked at it like my trucks. Why get a programmer if the system can't breathe right?

I read somewhere (maybe here?) that most programmers are the same and none are really any better than the other. I know that everyone has their own preference on brand, but if the above statement is true, why spend double the $ on something that does exactly the same for 1/2 the price? If I am wrong, please correct me here.

After all I really don't want to dump 1/2 a pay check into a programmer or exhaust system. I've seen exhaust systems go for a ton of money that I just can't believe. Are they made out of titanium or what? I'm not a hardcore rider and I don't race and nor do I want to have a machine that's going to snap my neck everytime I accelerate. I just want my 700xx to breathe and perform a bit easier with a lil more ooppff than what I have now stock.

Shonie

Heckle: 2008 TRX 700xx - Lexx Slip-on, Lexx Programmer,K&N Air Filter, Alba Nerf Bars, Honda Racing Skid Plates

Jeckle: 2008 TRX 700xx - AC Racing Full Exhaust, EHS Programmer, K&N Air Filter, Honda Racing Skid Plates, Alba Nerf Bars, K&N Air Filter
post #6 of 10 Old 09-02-2011, 02:23 PM

From the factory the map is lean to get by emissions. Ever have a problem killing it right off idle? Exhaust doesn't fix this problem. Programmer adds more fuels, this mod alone let me idle around in 1st on the trails. And if you want to help it breathe better don't get a slip on. The big restrictor is in the headpipe, a slip on might get a little but I wouldn't bet it being a whole lot. The alba I just sold was almost 3/8 bigger, and the barkers is bigger than that. Like adding pipes to you truck, almost worthless without headers, sounds good but the factory manifolds aren't made for performance. But I totally agree with one step at a time eventually you will have all. As far as programmers go. If you don't get the EHS, you better get a power commander 3/5. You get what you pay for.

MY RIDES

post #7 of 10 Old 09-02-2011, 02:32 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the feedback. I'll be sure to look into those mods when I get some more money to put into one of my 700xx's (I have 2 of them). If I had known to install a programmer first, I would have done so. But I already ordered the Lexx, so it's on it's way. Good thing I only ordered one.

Shonie

post #8 of 10 Old 09-02-2011, 02:34 PM

I've read that your ok running a slip on and no programmer, but with the full exhaust you would nee the programmer. Ehs is real good and eric will help with anything he can.get a sound clip up asap, never heard the lexx on a xx.

MY RIDES

post #9 of 10 Old 09-06-2011, 05:33 PM Thread Starter

The Lexx came in via UPS today. Gonna put it on today after work. Aren't these suppose to come with 2 different tips? A forest approved one and the unapproved one?

Maybe post some first timer install pics as I go? I've never installed one of these. I used to be a mechanic for 12 years, so it shouldn't be THAT difficult. Famous last words.....the next thing you know it's hard as hell and you run into all kinds of problems. LOL

Shonie

Last edited by shonie777; 09-06-2011 at 05:41 PM.
post #10 of 10 Old 09-07-2011, 09:37 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
The Lexx does come with two tips, the quiet core and the open tip. They're both installed at the same time from the factory. To use the open tip you just remove the quiet core.

As far as installation, I don't imagine that the 700xx is too much different than my 400ex pipe. The hardest part for me was installing the rubber gasket into the hanger bracket. Also, I do recommend getting some high temp RTV for the mid pipe to head pipe connection. If it is like mine this is a slip fit. I also added an exhaust clamp in this area too.

Currently: 400ex, Lexx MXe, K&N w/outerwears
Outlaw 525 IRS

Save the Oregon Dunes!

Last edited by Rkangel; 09-08-2011 at 01:14 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode