User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 09-03-2011, 06:41 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
waving PLEASE HELP! Key lost!!!!!

Hi guys

Drove my honey this morning! Came back home at lunch, remember that I took the key out and went in the house to have lunch, finish it and relies the key is not in my pocket! Spend the whole afternoon, blow up the house and the garage to search for the key but hopeless!!!

So now what should I do?

Remove the whole ignition switch part, bring it to the lock smith and ask them to make another key? But the new key will not have the rubber to protect from water and dust right?

Buy a whole new ignition switch with new key come with it? Would that work? How much would it be? Where can I buy it online? (I'm in Vietnam)

Hix! Please help guys, just install new exhaust, bumper, hand guard, and today was the first ride, lovveeeee it, so I'm sooooooo depress right now!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 09-03-2011, 10:11 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
This is actually in the wrong section, but will try to help anyway. Your "normal" locksmith won't have a key blank to cut... even if he could get into the lock in the first place to get at the pins. Our quad requires a special type of blank that your normal locksmith won't have. However, you are in luck in one respect... Vietnam has lots and lots of scooters... A locksmith that makes keys for them should have a usable blank. I had 2 spares made for me this way here. I am also pretty sure you would have problems getting an ignition switch and key... If this was an easy part to get, there'd be lots more quads stolen.

roadkill

BTW - If you find your key, there is a number stamped into it near the base under the cup part... write that number down... that way you can just order a new key from a Honda dealer... or have your friend order it and ship it to you.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
"You lock the door and throw away the key. There's someone in my head, but it's not me."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
R. Waters
x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

post #3 of 6 Old 09-04-2011, 09:18 PM

The ignition with 2 new keys is actually every easy to get and easy to install. The new ignition will come with 2 new keys and all you do is unplug the old ignition and plug the new one in. You can order it from bikebandit.com, I think I paid 60 bucks for it.

HDD BUILT...EVERYONE ELSE IS RACING FOR SECOND
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

08 Black/Red XX - Sparks big core exhaust, FCI custom intake with K&N, Webb 290 cam, White Knuckle 727cc big bore, CP 13:1 piston, Cuervo Racing +2 head, 48mm Lectron carb, MSD ignition, MSD coil 68HP/53TQ FOR SALE

(DL700)
Jody (Boost Addict)

post #4 of 6 Old 09-05-2011, 01:46 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 245 Post(s)
Garage
yea 2 key's just like when you buy a quad. I wonder why there is no spare key? And if your friend that sent you this unit in pieces may still be holding the 2nd key?

#1 2008 Honda Trx700xx HMF Performance Exhaust, PCV, Stroked 710cc, 10.5:1 Wiseco Piston, Frt Elka Stage 4's, Fox Podium X rear's, EHS Lid, L8ton 11/16" sway bar, DG 6 Pack Rack, PRM Desert II Bumper & Front Skids.
#2 2008 Trx700xx AMR Reaper, Ehs Big 3, P/P head, Xcalibur Cam, Hard Welded Rockers, +1 In/Ex Valves, +3 Throttle body, 11:1 CP Piston, Elka Stage 3 Legacy Shocks, L8ton 11/16th Sway Bar, PRM Front Skids, Desert II Bumper & Rear Utility Rack.

post #5 of 6 Old 09-05-2011, 02:39 PM

I had a spare key cut no problem at a locksmith. Of course I had the original and the new one has no rubber cover. Not sure if Hondas are the same but my Suzuki enduro bike I had before had the numbers engraved on the ignition and the gas cap. When I lost the key a locksmith cut new ones with the numbers only.
post #6 of 6 Old 09-06-2011, 04:59 PM
Sid

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
The rubber boot can be ordered from Honda. They are a little pricey but I like the protection they give the ignition switch and they make a bulky lump in your pocket so it is easier to find.
Sid
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode