Twist Trottle - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 Old 09-06-2011, 12:35 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Twist Trottle

Do any of you guys have a twist trottle? I am thinking of getting one. Any time I ride for extended periods my thumb gets soar. I have alot of riding time on Dirt Bikes, so the twist trottle sound like it should work for me. I have read that other don't like it, but I wonder if its because they just don't have any experience riding with a twist. What are your thoughts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old 09-06-2011, 01:24 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have a twist, I love it. I would never have another quad with a thumb throttle. I grew up riding dirt bikes, so it seems natural to me. I am sure there are others that will disagree, really a matter of preference. If you do a search on this site you will find more threads on this subject.

11:1, Web Stg2 cam, PCV, Powerbomb/Powercore4, Razr's all around. Air cleaner lid mod, Uni filter, HID Lighting, 6 pack rack, Motion Pro twist, L8ton 9/16, DS/Elka shocks, IMS Tank, Grip heaters

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 19 Old 09-06-2011, 01:39 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
I don't have a twist... Tried my friend's quad with a twist and it didn't feel natural to me. But then, I didn't come from a dirt bike background.
So if you come from a dirt bike background, the twist may feel more natural for you. In the end, it will always come down to what feels right for you.

roadkill

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
"You lock the door and throw away the key. There's someone in my head, but it's not me."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
R. Waters
x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

post #4 of 19 Old 09-06-2011, 02:36 PM

Send a message via AIM to crwh45
I have a dual gasser throttle, w/ both thumb and twist. Thumb for when/if others ride. But I love twist. Only problem is just like on a dirtbike, when you get really fatigued and you hit a bump, it's hard to control it LOL.

2008 700xx; Power Bomb header with power core 4 exhaust, Power Programmer III, pro armor nerfs, prm products control front and rear bumpers and full skid, 10" ITP rears, ITP Baja's fronts, RZR 2's all the way around, Uni filter, 13t sprocket, CCP steering Damper, DS450 shock swap, Dual Gasser Throttle, bar risers and Moose barkBusters. 730XX kit plus other engine mods!
post #5 of 19 Old 09-06-2011, 03:09 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Thanks, I am going to order a twist!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #6 of 19 Old 09-06-2011, 06:21 PM
Qaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerwon View Post
Thanks, I am going to order a twist!!!!!!!!!!!!

only way to roll
post #7 of 19 Old 09-07-2011, 05:32 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Baxter
Quote:
Originally Posted by crwh45 View Post
I have a dual gasser throttle, w/ both thumb and twist. Thumb for when/if others ride. But I love twist. Only problem is just like on a dirtbike, when you get really fatigued and you hit a bump, it's hard to control it LOL.
I am the same , I put about 1/4" freeplay on the twist throttle to stop this.
I also come from a dirtbike up bringing , could not get used to the thumb throttle.

2008 TT-ReXX , 2003 400ex and 2014 CRF250r.
Products used, abused and loved from:
Ed at

Alex at

Jim at

Kyle at

With out these guys , it would not be as much fun.
post #8 of 19 Old 09-08-2011, 08:14 PM

may be a dumb question, but how are you running a twist AND thumb throttle? I like this idea.

Edit: never mind, i just noticed you said dual gasser. I didnt realize that was the company.
post #9 of 19 Old 09-09-2011, 06:28 PM

I do not like the way the thumb throttle is so touchy on the 700. I thought I would get used it but... I bought a twist throttle kit from Cabelas which was a mistake. I never could get it installed right. Finally returned it and want to try one from Motion Pro or will take a look at the Dual Gasser you speak of. Can you tell twist throttle is any stiffer than the thumb? Or can it be adjusted? It just seems that the thumb one is so touchy I am always blipping it on the rough stuff. Any ideas on stiffening up the stocker would also be appreciated.

'08 TRX 700xx
'07 Yamaha 660 Rhino Sport - Turbocharged
'01 Raptor 660- Sold.
post #10 of 19 Old 09-09-2011, 07:06 PM

The dual gasser setup has both, thumb and twist. You can pick what you want when you want. I like twist for long rides, thumb for tight spots

MY RIDES

Amish washing the buggy^^^^
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode