looking to buy a used 700xx - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 09-23-2011, 11:15 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
looking to buy a used 700xx

I sold my 700 Raptor ,and looking at buying a used 700xx.My only concern is the cv joints on the bike . Im wondering if there has been issues with the cv joints before I buy this bike ? any replies would be greatly appreciated,thank you in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 09-23-2011, 11:35 PM

I think I recall 1 or 2 people having a problem with the cv joints but no matter what you buy there's at least someone who had a problem in any given area of a machine. I would say generally people don't have any issues with the cv joints.
post #3 of 11 Old 09-24-2011, 07:59 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
The trx700 is a very dependable quad. Look around the fourm and you will discover just how well built this quad is. A few simple modifications really makes this quad shine. Replace the rear sway bar with a heavy duty one and go ride.

post #4 of 11 Old 09-24-2011, 08:42 AM

If you ride rough trails, you'll be absolutely amazed at how well this atv does. Its a monster on the rough stuff.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MY RIDES

Amish washing the buggy^^^^
post #5 of 11 Old 09-24-2011, 09:23 AM Thread Starter

I am a Honda fan. I was just curious because sometimes changes can be good or bad. Thanks guys for your info! I am going to buy the bike.

08 TRX 700XX
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

07 TRX 250
04 Recon 250
post #6 of 11 Old 09-24-2011, 01:37 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoledad View Post
I am a Honda fan. I was just curious because sometimes changes can be good or bad. Thanks guys for your info! I am going to buy the bike.
the 700xx is well built in my opinion, ive had 250 ex, 300 ex, 400ex, and the 700 outshines them all, dont know about the 450r though as ive never owned one, ive had my 700xx for over 2 years now with no problems, ive got over 200hrs on it, the 400 ex wouldnt last that long without the timing chain adjuster wearing out and the rings wearing out,and the rear axle bearings wearing out.

08 700XX PRM Six Pack Rack Hardline hour meter EHS EFI Controller EHS Lid with side vents Barker Full Exhaust Uni Air Filter alba nerfs elka stg4 fronts sti rims kutter front gbcxrex rear
post #7 of 11 Old 09-24-2011, 03:03 PM

The only downfall of the 700xx is the weight......everything thing else about the quad is AMAZING! I hands down Love my 700xx. Its a strange quad to get used to because of the IRS and the weight but once you get comfortable its great! I eat up 450r's in the woods all day, the suspention is very good for rough trails. Just dont start jumping big untill you get the elka shocks. Stock's are terrible.

2008 TRX 700xx. Renthal FatBars, TrailTech bar clamp, L8ton Racing 11/16ths swaybar, Maxxis RazR 22" rears, Uni Filter, Full Barkers exhaust, DynoJet III USB programmer, AC Racing front bumper/Rear grab Bar, AMR graphics.

2000 CR 500. Fmf Gnarly Headpipe w/Fmf silencer, Renthal Fat Bars, Amr graphics, Factory Connection front/rear suspention, Devol frame guards, Devol Radiator Guards, Gripper seat cover, Twin Air Filter, blue powder coated frame.

2002 400 EX(girlfriends) White brothers full exhaust, Uni Filter, White brothers Graphics, AMS rims, Itp Holeshots, IMS front bumper, Renthal Bars.

2003 Suzuki JR 50. Bone stock (For drunken Mischeif)
post #8 of 11 Old 09-24-2011, 03:54 PM

The XX is a beast on the trails, you will love it! Don't get it stuck, she is Heavy!

The best in the business

High Desert Dyno/Cuervo Racing

Bo White 205-886-7043
Ed @

Chris & Mike
post #9 of 11 Old 09-24-2011, 05:23 PM

The bike being heavier has not really affected me. I think it is because of the awesome grab bar position on the rear. I get stuck all the time during the winter and I only weigh 155 pounds and I haven't had to call for help yet. I tried lifting raptor 660s and 700s and for lifting purposes the weight difference felt pretty negligible. Riding felt a bit lighter but again not a huge difference. The XX was made for me though, I like rough trail riding and sport bike fun. Could not have asked for a better machine.
post #10 of 11 Old 09-27-2011, 11:42 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for all the info guys. I did buy the 700xx and i got to say i love it. It rides a lot better than the Raptor 700 i sold. Thanks again.

08 TRX 700XX

07 TRX 250
04 Recon 250
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode