User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 09-30-2011, 02:47 PM Thread Starter
Qaz

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Cam help please

i was thinking of buying a new cam i allready have the big 3 exhaust im trying to get a little more bottom and mid range if i can only get bottom thats fine also i dont need top end as i rarely hit 5th gear. and mid isnt nearly as important as bottom end. i dont want to do other mods other then cam until it needs rebuild if ever. please specify brand and stage if you could please

thanks in advance

Qaz
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 09-30-2011, 03:42 PM

i would go with a stage 2 or 3 hotcam. if you dont want to go into your motor though you could always get a 13 tooth front sprocket. i bought one this past weekend and it helped with my bottom end a lot

08 700xx black & silver
-barkers exhaust
-alba programmer
-uni filter
post #3 of 12 Old 09-30-2011, 04:02 PM

I got a stage 3 hotcam and the EHS big 3. I didn't notice any loss on the bottom end. But it sure pulls harder over 3,000 rpms. Should see gains of about 4-5hp with the stage 3.

Last edited by Red-N-BlackXX; 09-30-2011 at 07:57 PM.

post #4 of 12 Old 09-30-2011, 04:04 PM

What fuel controller do you have? If you have powercommander the Webb 492 cam is the best cam for what your looking for imo.

The best in the business
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

High Desert Dyno/Cuervo Racing
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Bo White 205-886-7043
Ed @

Chris & Mike
post #5 of 12 Old 09-30-2011, 05:18 PM

what are the specs on the 492?

post #6 of 12 Old 09-30-2011, 05:56 PM

STOCK:

made for low end/mid rpm power

A top end cam does not mean a 4th or 5th gear cam
speed is not related to the cam as you indicated

what is done to the rest of the bike? what Intake, what Exhaust, what fuel controller?

add compression or porting then u will not lose tq

Last edited by DL700; 09-30-2011 at 05:59 PM.
post #7 of 12 Old 09-30-2011, 06:03 PM Thread Starter
Qaz

i have motoworks exhaust, programmer and kn filter no lid
post #8 of 12 Old 09-30-2011, 08:29 PM

This is from AlbaRacing website. Also the Webb camshaft website http://www.webcamshafts.com/index_bl...le_search.html

New Cam
492/89a

Performance profile designed to increase overall performance. Requires Exhaust System, and Hardwelded Rockers.
Hardweld
57-731

New Cam

Mid and top end profile. Requires Exhaust System, Hardwelded Rockers, High Compression Piston, and Performance Valve Spring Kit.
Hardweld
57-741

New Cam

Race profile designed to increase mid and upper end performance. Requires Exhaust System, Hardwelded Rockers, High Compression Piston, and Performance Valve Spring Kit. Check ALL clearances! 57-751

These cams are the best we have found for different riding styles. We tested over 15 different cam profiles for the TRX700XX before we were happy with the results. We use these in our race bikes with great results. Don't settle for a cam that might make you go faster get one that is proven to make you go faster.

*Stage 2 cam is for a mildly tuned engine that is made for endurance racing we use this exact cam in wayne matlocks engine. It makes good all around power with no bottom end loss and good mid range gains. Core charge applies.

*Stage 3 cam is for someone looking for more top end power. This cam makes solid hp and works great with more mods like porting. This cam has a very agressive ramp angle which requires the use of modified rocker arms. The rocker arms are by web cams and like the cam there is a core charge. These rocker arms are clearanced for the large cam and the face is hard welded to put up with steep ramp angle. Also you will need a valve spring kit to support the extra lift. Don't let the complexity turn you off, this cam is proven reliable and very powerfull.

The best in the business

High Desert Dyno/Cuervo Racing

Bo White 205-886-7043
Ed @

Chris & Mike

Last edited by boost addict; 09-30-2011 at 08:42 PM.
post #9 of 12 Old 10-01-2011, 12:41 PM Thread Starter
Qaz

allright let me rephrase this what im trying to achieve is a little more power in 2nd or 3rd gear so i can tap the gas and lift the front end over ruts id like to keep the rest of the power about the same or more was hoping there would be a cam i can buy that i dont need any other stuff

thanks again

Qaz
post #10 of 12 Old 10-01-2011, 12:47 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qaz View Post
allright let me rephrase this what im trying to achieve is a little more power in 2nd or 3rd gear so i can tap the gas and lift the front end over ruts id like to keep the rest of the power about the same or more was hoping there would be a cam i can buy that i dont need any other stuff

thanks again

Qaz
if you dont want to buy hardened rockers and heavy duty valve spring kit which is a few hundred dollars more youll have to stick with hotcams, id do an stg3 hot cam

08 700XX PRM Six Pack Rack Hardline hour meter EHS EFI Controller EHS Lid with side vents Barker Full Exhaust Uni Air Filter alba nerfs elka stg4 fronts sti rims kutter front gbcxrex rear
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode