thinking about getting a 700xx but need to know some things! - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 09-30-2011, 09:17 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
thinking about getting a 700xx but need to know some things!

Hey guys I'll start off by introducing myself i'm Thomas and I raced the ftr circuit here in FL (ftr- Florida trail riders) and was sponsored by a local Shop and by Yoshi, twin air, monster, and protaper. I was unfortunate enough to brake my back and had to give up riding and racing and of course my sponsors left me high and dry lol and dropped me when I asked for help to fix my quad. But anyways that's in the past now and i'm looking to get back into riding because I just can't stand not to its my stress release you could say.but the old back can't take the rough pounding anymore and I have recently taken the law enforcement career rout and have to be careful but I love and miss it to much to give it up but I don't want to go the 4x4 rout yet caus I want to be a Lil sporty lol. I just wanted to know if its a reliable bike and what's the most common stuff to go wrong and how hard is it to work on? I noticed the CV axles, do they hold up well? how hard is it to change the sprokets? And adjust the valves? and how is the ride.

Happy trails too All! Any input is wanted please and thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 09-30-2011, 10:27 PM

I've had mine for about a year now and I have 700 miles on it so far and it hasn't given me a bit of trouble it's done and does any thing i ask it to. so for me it's been really reliable, as for your question about adjusting the valves i don't know cause I haven't adjusted the valves on mine yet. the ride on the 700xx is better than a solid axle quad but if you get some fox or elka shocks it will ride even better. all I have to say is I love mine.
post #3 of 9 Old 10-01-2011, 08:43 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmm711 View Post
Hey guys I'll start off by introducing myself i'm Thomas and I raced the ftr circuit here in FL (ftr- Florida trail riders) and was sponsored by a local Shop and by Yoshi, twin air, monster, and protaper. I was unfortunate enough to brake my back and had to give up riding and racing and of course my sponsors left me high and dry lol and dropped me when I asked for help to fix my quad. But anyways that's in the past now and i'm looking to get back into riding because I just can't stand not to its my stress release you could say.but the old back can't take the rough pounding anymore and I have recently taken the law enforcement career rout and have to be careful but I love and miss it to much to give it up but I don't want to go the 4x4 rout yet caus I want to be a Lil sporty lol. I just wanted to know if its a reliable bike and what's the most common stuff to go wrong and how hard is it to work on? I noticed the CV axles, do they hold up well? how hard is it to change the sprokets? And adjust the valves? and how is the ride.

Happy trails too All! Any input is wanted please and thank you
i used to race the FTR back in early to mid 1980s think last race was in 1984, but i think i could take an 700XX and win on it down there in that series, the 700 is reliable and isnt harder to work on than others and its easier on the back because of the IRS

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
08 700XX PRM Six Pack Rack Hardline hour meter EHS EFI Controller EHS Lid with side vents Barker Full Exhaust Uni Air Filter alba nerfs elka stg4 fronts sti rims kutter front gbcxrex rear
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 9 Old 10-01-2011, 09:10 AM

I ride with a couple 4x4's. They have yet to go somewhere I can't. The ride is awesome. I remember when I had my warrior you had to pay atention what you drove over so you wouldn't get high centered, now I don't even have to, the ground clearance is great. I only seen 2-3 people have problems with the cv's, but most 4x4's have them too.

MY RIDES

Amish washing the buggy^^^^
post #5 of 9 Old 10-01-2011, 09:45 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Baxter
Agree with everything above and will add.

The hardest part about doing the valves is all the plastics ,you have to remove to do this. It takes about 2 or 3 times for you to remember the order to take all of them off and replacing them and which bolt went where. It gets easier the more you do it.

Front sprocket takes about 2 mins to change, even on a hot motor.The rear about 10 mins. Both are very easy to change.

Youll find there is a "Knack" to doing most jobs on the xx. Most which is shared on the forum by the members.This helps me out alot.

2008 TT-ReXX , 2003 400ex and 2014 CRF250r.
Products used, abused and loved from:
Ed at

Alex at

Jim at

Kyle at

With out these guys , it would not be as much fun.
post #6 of 9 Old 10-01-2011, 10:02 AM Thread Starter

alright thank you guys very much. making my decision allot easier lol
post #7 of 9 Old 10-01-2011, 10:03 AM

I ride with a couple 4x4's. They have yet to go somewhere I can't. The ride is awesome. I remember when I had my warrior you had to pay atention what you drove over so you wouldn't get high centered, now I don't even have to, the ground clearance is great. I only seen 2-3 people have problems with the cv's, but most 4x4's have them too.

MY RIDES

Amish washing the buggy^^^^
post #8 of 9 Old 10-01-2011, 12:15 PM

In the end its a Honda, so you will be buying quality. I have a Rincon 680 and a 700XX and neither have let me down, always get me home no matter the abuse I dish out. I have had my Rincon since Sept. 09, and have giving her over 2000 miles of hard riding , and if my 700 was built to the same quality, it will hold up just as goodif not better. The worse thing about riding the 700XX, is it makes me feel like I can climb anything. So far I have.

2008 Honda TRX700XX
*Curtis Sparks X-6 Full Exhaust
*Power Commander V
*Pro Design Air Filter
*Elka Stage One Shocks
*Pro Taper Evo Bars
*Trail Tech Big Bar Clamp
*MSR Clutch Perch
*Powermadd Handguards
*ODI Rogue Grips
*IMS 5gal Tank
*Pro Armor XC Bumper
*PRM Full Skid Plates
*Maxxis Razr II Tires
*ITP Aluminum Rims

2007 Honda Rincon GPScape

post #9 of 9 Old 10-02-2011, 03:19 PM

The 700XX is a very reliable bike and the motor is very simple to work on, the valves are easy to adjust, which can be done in about an hour by yourself. I havent had any problems with my CV's or any driveline issues. And the ride is unbelievable for a sport bike.

Pro Armor Fatpeg Nerfs
Pro Armor Skidplate
Razr 2's all around
Dynojet PCV
Curtis Sparks X6 Exhaust
PRM Desert II Bumper
CP 11:1 piston
WEBB 290 Cam
Ported +1 head by Bo White
HDD +3 Throttle Body

Loud Pipes Save Lives
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode