clutch problems - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 10-04-2011, 07:17 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
clutch problems

I have talked to one person about this already but I wanted to hear it from some more people. After getting all of this new found power im afraid my clutch is going south. While running whether in neutral or in gear the clutch has a whine to it, and this whining noise increases with increasing throttle. I have also notice that while sitting still and shifting, the shifter gets caught in between gears and I have to let out on the clutch a little to get the gears to mesh. So what do you guys think it is? I've been told it could be worn discs and the clutch basket bearing and I think these are probly the culprits, but what do you guys think?

Pro Armor Fatpeg Nerfs
Pro Armor Skidplate
Razr 2's all around
Dynojet PCV
Curtis Sparks X6 Exhaust
PRM Desert II Bumper
CP 11:1 piston
WEBB 290 Cam
Ported +1 head by Bo White
HDD +3 Throttle Body

Loud Pipes Save Lives
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 10-05-2011, 06:41 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
yeah with your motor upgrade,you should also upgrade the clutch too , theres several out there to choose from

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
08 700XX PRM Six Pack Rack Hardline hour meter EHS EFI Controller EHS Lid with side vents Barker Full Exhaust Uni Air Filter alba nerfs elka stg4 fronts sti rims kutter front gbcxrex rear
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 10 Old 10-05-2011, 07:27 AM

I am using DL's upgraded clutch fiber and HD springs in both my 60+hp XX's. For 70-80.00$ you can't lose trying it out. Mike is using it on his 98hp build also btw . You have to take the clutch apart to install it and then you can inspect to see if any other damage is present. Battery and clucth upgrades are a must for 60+hp builds imo.

The battery you need is a YTZ10S out of a CBR900 it's 185cca vs 125cca stock. He is the link to the one i use. It's the same size as the stock battery and fits perfect.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TruGe...#ht_2926wt_918

The best in the business

High Desert Dyno/Cuervo Racing

Bo White 205-886-7043
Ed @

Chris & Mike

Last edited by boost addict; 10-05-2011 at 07:37 AM.

post #4 of 10 Old 10-05-2011, 05:26 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Baxter
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfdanie2 View Post
I have talked to one person about this already but I wanted to hear it from some more people. After getting all of this new found power im afraid my clutch is going south. While running whether in neutral or in gear the clutch has a whine to it, and this whining noise increases with increasing throttle. I have also notice that while sitting still and shifting, the shifter gets caught in between gears and I have to let out on the clutch a little to get the gears to mesh. So what do you guys think it is? I've been told it could be worn discs and the clutch basket bearing and I think these are probly the culprits, but what do you guys think?

Alot of this sounds familar. I don't have the whining noise though but 4th and 5th take double shifts to find when on the gas(which takes too long) , also 1st and reverse is the same from sitting still. You can try the clutch parts and hopefully that will do it but after 6-10 engine hours ,it will be the same as the parts youve just replaced. The amount of play in the clutch basket when you remove the clutch discs is insane. The first time I checked it , I replaced the bearing ,innner bush and complete clutch basket. It had slightly less play. I have not found the cure for my problems but guessing shift drum or selector(s). Hopefully youres is just warped steels.

2008 TT-ReXX , 2003 400ex and 2014 CRF250r.
Products used, abused and loved from:
Ed at

Alex at

Jim at

Kyle at

With out these guys , it would not be as much fun.
post #5 of 10 Old 10-05-2011, 06:01 PM Thread Starter

Yeah I hope that's all it is is the steel plates. I have thought about going with an aftermarket basket but I don't know of anyone that makes it for the xx. I will be changing to the upgraded basket bearing as well.

Pro Armor Fatpeg Nerfs
Pro Armor Skidplate
Razr 2's all around
Dynojet PCV
Curtis Sparks X6 Exhaust
PRM Desert II Bumper
WEBB 290 Cam
HDD +3 Throttle Body

Loud Pipes Save Lives
post #6 of 10 Old 10-05-2011, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Yeah I hope that's all it is is the steel plates. I have thought about going with an aftermarket basket but I don't know of anyone that makes it for the xx. I will be changing to the upgraded basket bearing as well.
As for as I know , No one makes a basket for the xx and something else that had me bewildered ,was no one makes a basket for the XR650r !, They share the same clutch rubbers(Cushions) , something else , you can't buy. I have sent a few emails out and working on something for 700rr and hoping they help out on this one.
You can get a clutch replacement kit , but EBC have all the friction plates the same and Barnett supply the the judder spring friction plate in there kit. I don't think you have a clutch problem.IMO. I hope I am wrong in this one.

Ed at

Alex at

Jim at

Kyle at

post #7 of 10 Old 10-05-2011, 06:33 PM Thread Starter

Man baxter I hope you are wrong too. What do you think it is?

Pro Armor Fatpeg Nerfs
Pro Armor Skidplate
Razr 2's all around
Dynojet PCV
Curtis Sparks X6 Exhaust
PRM Desert II Bumper
WEBB 290 Cam
HDD +3 Throttle Body

Loud Pipes Save Lives
post #8 of 10 Old 10-05-2011, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Man baxter I hope you are wrong too. What do you think it is?
I don't know . I have been learning to get use to a 3 speed box this season and changing sprockets to suit the track/race.
I have 1 more oval ,2 beach races ,1 xc and maybe a MX race to do. I can manage all them with a 3 speeder and get me through this seasons racing.
Sorry buddy , I don't know what to try until , I split the motor.
Something that sprung to me was the shift drum being out of time with the gearshift cam. I'm looking into this but it is a wild guess.
Wish I could be more help.Maybe some of the motor guys know something.

Ed at

Alex at

Jim at

Kyle at

post #9 of 10 Old 10-05-2011, 07:07 PM Thread Starter

The only time I miss gears is while sitting still I have never had to double shift while moving to find a gear. Hope its just the clutch.

Pro Armor Fatpeg Nerfs
Pro Armor Skidplate
Razr 2's all around
Dynojet PCV
Curtis Sparks X6 Exhaust
PRM Desert II Bumper
WEBB 290 Cam
HDD +3 Throttle Body

Loud Pipes Save Lives
post #10 of 10 Old 10-05-2011, 07:22 PM

Quote:
The only time I miss gears is while sitting still I have never had to double shift while moving to find a gear. Hope its just the clutch.
Then I think I am wrong , check the clutch, oil filter and the oil colour when you drop it.

Ed at

Alex at

Jim at

Kyle at

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode