Chains - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old 10-13-2011, 08:46 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Chains

any body got any opinions on chains and which one to upgrade to my stocker is about wore out including sprockets, iwas thinking about gettin the DIDX ring ?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
08 700XX PRM Six Pack Rack Hardline hour meter EHS EFI Controller EHS Lid with side vents Barker Full Exhaust Uni Air Filter alba nerfs elka stg4 fronts sti rims kutter front gbcxrex rear
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 10-13-2011, 11:18 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
How long has your stocker lasted, I am guessing a while. Anything oem or better. At least oring...

MY RIDES

Amish washing the buggy^^^^
post #3 of 15 Old 10-13-2011, 11:50 PM

I have always used the DID x-rings on my race quad, have always held up great. Lately, have been using the Primary Drive x-ring chains (Rocky Mountain ATV brand.) on my other quads. Haven't had any problems with them at all, pretty happy with them and they are cheaper then the DID chain and they have held up just as well. Have had such good luck with them, I may even start using them on my race quad.

Doug

2004 TRX450R, 2008 TRX700XX
(BITD #639 Quad Ironman Expert)

2015 sponsors: Teixeiratech.com, Motowoz.com, Snailmotorsports.com, My bank account.

2008 TRX700XX
2005 TRX450R
1986 TRX250R

post #4 of 15 Old 10-14-2011, 05:59 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
not sure of the availabilty of renthal over there but they do a r4 quad chain..
Its an X ring with much thicker links.
Using one on a raptor, once set up it never seems to stretch or need adjusting and does last longer than a standard o-ring.
I had a chain snap which then smashed off the case saver and destroyed the sprockets, hence buying the best i can..
post #5 of 15 Old 10-14-2011, 07:41 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rappey View Post
not sure of the availabilty of renthal over there but they do a r4 quad chain..
Its an X ring with much thicker links.
Using one on a raptor, once set up it never seems to stretch or need adjusting and does last longer than a standard o-ring.
I had a chain snap which then smashed off the case saver and destroyed the sprockets, hence buying the best i can..
i appreciate the opinion, i dont want nothing like that to happen to my XX, the oem chain is dam good i was wondering how renthal and did x ring was compared to oem and Doug said the primary drive x ring was decent i just want whatever chain i buy be just as good as oem or better especially about streching , i think i had to tighten my oem chain 3 times which was 300 hrs on my hr meter ive been ridin hard for 2 years on the oem which im pleased with the wear of the oem, the oem chain from honda cost more than the other chains mentioned above

08 700XX PRM Six Pack Rack Hardline hour meter EHS EFI Controller EHS Lid with side vents Barker Full Exhaust Uni Air Filter alba nerfs elka stg4 fronts sti rims kutter front gbcxrex rear
post #6 of 15 Old 10-15-2011, 01:56 PM

Yamahas use DiD as oem chain and its very good quality..Not many aftermarket ones are as good !
I use to get around 3000 miles per chain and sprocket set before they needed changing.
post #7 of 15 Old 10-15-2011, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rappey View Post
Yamahas use DiD as oem chain and its very good quality..Not many aftermarket ones are as good !
I use to get around 3000 miles per chain and sprocket set before they needed changing.
just have to get the correct model line chain...

if u spend 60$ on a chain u didnt spend enough!

post #8 of 15 Old 10-19-2011, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Bergstrom View Post
I have always used the DID x-rings on my race quad, have always held up great. Lately, have been using the Primary Drive x-ring chains (Rocky Mountain ATV brand.) on my other quads. Aftermarket parts had any problems with them at all, pretty happy with them and they are cheaper then the DID chain and they have held up just as well. Have had such good luck with them, I may even start using them on my race quad.

Doug
Which rings would you recommend? I'm not talking about the price, but more about the quality. I have saved up a good amount, so I'm just looking to hook up my cars.

Last edited by Grackster; 10-19-2011 at 03:56 PM.
post #9 of 15 Old 10-20-2011, 09:53 AM

I previously said X-ring but meant Z ring claims to be the best..

Here is the blurb from the renthal r4 atv chain, am sure others make a similar chain?
I can vouch for these as fit, adjust then never need adjusting again...

Here is a place that sells them starting at $86.95
http://www.motocrossgiant.com/Rentha...25-01100wp.htm

R4 ATV Chain

A 520 z-ring chain designed specifically for ATV applications. The R4 ATV Off Road Chain has the following features:
  • Patented z-ring seals dramatically increase the life of the chain

• Larger diameter pins manufactured from specially enhanced steel improve the resistance to shock loads

• A quad riveting process on each pin increases the tensile strength of the chain

• Thicker inner and outer plates increase the fatigue life of the chain

• Available in 520 pitch only, average tensile strength is as follows:

R4 ATV 520 – 8093 lbf

Last edited by rappey; 10-20-2011 at 09:56 AM.
post #10 of 15 Old 10-20-2011, 09:39 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 245 Post(s)
Garage
http://forwardpowersports.com/Produc...d-Per-Pin.aspx

This O-ring chain says 8200 lbs, so does the Z ring just last longer? And I followed link and it says 7868 lbs. Im sure a few hundred pounds don't matter as far as strenght goes. Just wanting to know if it out last o-ring? And what type of clean and lube products for the Z-ring chain's?

#1 2008 Honda Trx700xx HMF Performance Exhaust, PCV, Stroked 710cc, 10.5:1 Wiseco Piston, Frt Elka Stage 4's, Fox Podium X rear's, EHS Lid, L8ton 11/16" sway bar, DG 6 Pack Rack, PRM Desert II Bumper & Front Skids.
#2 2008 Trx700xx AMR Reaper, Ehs Big 3, P/P head, Xcalibur Cam, Hard Welded Rockers, +1 In/Ex Valves, +3 Throttle body, 11:1 CP Piston, Elka Stage 3 Legacy Shocks, L8ton 11/16th Sway Bar, PRM Front Skids, Desert II Bumper & Rear Utility Rack.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode