Big 3 removal. - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 Old 10-15-2011, 02:10 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Big 3 removal.

I have a duncan racing fatboy4, A stupidly huge K&N with outerwear, no air box lid and a vortexx10 .
The noise is just too loud and need ear plugs when riding..
since this is a uk road legal machine the noise is not acceptible, plus i dont want to end up deaf !
Today i put the stock header and rear silencer back on and wow, so much quiter..
Took it for a spin to make sure it still runs ok as vortex settings have not been changed.
The quad ran faultless and flat out goes just as fast (84.3 mph on gps)
Next will be to remove the k&n as there is dust in the inlet manifold..
Have always read k&n,s suck as they dont filter enough, well ive just found out for myself.
Have also ordered a airbox lid as i dont have one which has to come from the states..
The induction noise is very loud when opening the throttle so will look forward to shutting that up once and for all.
Will be interesting to see if the quad still reaches 84.
I did the "big three" to the raptor i had and it didnt make any difference, other than lost some low end grunt and dropped from 90-100 miles per tank to 60 !
Fairly sure the honda will not loose much either.
This must be a first though as most want to add the big 3.. I bought my quad already with them and want to go the other way ..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 Old 10-16-2011, 01:50 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The Raptor is Speed limited thru the ECU and timing... so u wouldnt see a benefit in MPH on it unless u bypass the Sensor or change gearing, mapping must have been very far off on it as well to Lose low end...
I say do what u like to the bike and what you need

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 23 Old 10-16-2011, 08:53 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I also removed the big three!!!! I like the stock set up!!! I can't see any loss of power.

post #4 of 23 Old 10-16-2011, 12:17 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerwon View Post
I like the stock set up!!! I can't see any loss of power.
thats good to hear..

the raptor looses low end grunt as it moves the torque higher up.. It is a 660 i was refering to and not a 700..
Bypassing the limiter on the 700 is no problem either but really only gains a few mph..

Also found out what happens when you go too fast round corners on road...
Its actually not that bad as you can feel the back end twitch as a pre warning and then the inside front wheel lifts off !!!
I,ll have this thing powersliding on the road yet !
post #5 of 23 Old 10-22-2011, 03:04 PM Thread Starter

finally removed the vortex x10, fatboy4 and K&n.. and put airbox lid back on with that weird plastic bit inside.
all is back to genuine stock items..
No noticable loss of power and it still hits 84 mph..

so verdict,,
Duncan racing fatboy4 $ 599
Vortex x10 $699
K&N air filter=outerwear $ 100

Thats $1398 that was wasted just to make the zaust look prettier and make sh*t loads more noise. Oh, and to eat more fuel.

Verdict - Dont bother with the big three, it didnt work on my 660 or 700 raptor and it certainly dont work on my trx !

Now all i can hear when riding down the road is the tyre noise and wind in my lid ! Ahh, peace and quiet again.
post #6 of 23 Old 10-22-2011, 05:13 PM

A big 3 makes a huge difference.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MY RIDES

Amish washing the buggy^^^^

Last edited by traitor08; 10-22-2011 at 05:56 PM.
post #7 of 23 Old 10-22-2011, 05:47 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
headscratch

Quote:
Originally Posted by traitor08 View Post
A good big 3 makes a huge difference.
that big 3 supposed to make more hp than ehs big 3 according to duncans dyno sheets.

08 700XX PRM Six Pack Rack Hardline hour meter EHS EFI Controller EHS Lid with side vents Barker Full Exhaust Uni Air Filter alba nerfs elka stg4 fronts sti rims kutter front gbcxrex rear
post #8 of 23 Old 10-22-2011, 05:55 PM

His butt dyno lust be broke then.

MY RIDES

Amish washing the buggy^^^^
post #9 of 23 Old 10-22-2011, 06:33 PM

This guy sounds like he is more interested in top speed and imo the big 3 doesn't do much for top speed it just gets you to that top speed faster.

HDD BUILT...EVERYONE ELSE IS RACING FOR SECOND

08 Black/Red XX - Sparks big core exhaust, FCI custom intake with K&N, Webb 290 cam, White Knuckle 727cc big bore, CP 13:1 piston, Cuervo Racing +2 head, 48mm Lectron carb, MSD ignition, MSD coil 68HP/53TQ FOR SALE

(DL700)
Jody (Boost Addict)
post #10 of 23 Old 10-22-2011, 06:42 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08700xx View Post
This guy sounds like he is more interested in top speed and imo the big 3 doesn't do much for top speed it just gets you to that top speed faster.
agreed on that ehs big 3 will do that and a little more

08 700XX PRM Six Pack Rack Hardline hour meter EHS EFI Controller EHS Lid with side vents Barker Full Exhaust Uni Air Filter alba nerfs elka stg4 fronts sti rims kutter front gbcxrex rear
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode