Where to mount the fuel controller on my XX - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 10-28-2011, 09:23 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Where to mount the fuel controller on my XX

Hey, I am getting the Big 3 kit from Eric at EHS Racing. Where is the best place to mount the fuel controller on the Honda XX. I see that this is a popular upgrade whether it's this brand or another mfg., just wanted to know where everyone mounts it to keep it dry and secure. I am looking forward to the increased power and throttle response that this kit brings. I have heard nothing but good results from this combo on the XX.

Thanks in advance for your help !

08 XX Black and Silver, Big 3 from EHS Racing, consisting of the Full Barkers exhaust, EFI Fuel Controller, EHS air box lid, Uni air filter, Trail Tech Voyager, Trail Tech Bar clamp, Trail Tech X bars, ODI Rogue Grips, 14t and 13t, Pro Armor Nerf bars and Fat Pegs (Black), 22x9X11 Kenda Kutter XC in rear, 23x7x10 Kenda Klaw XC in front on stock wheels.

Life is short, work hard ..... PLAY HARDER !

Some is good, more is better and too much is JUST RIGHT !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 10-28-2011, 10:14 PM

inside the air box...
post #3 of 10 Old 10-29-2011, 09:23 AM

there are detailed directions on how to mount it in the air box on Eric's web site.

post #4 of 10 Old 10-30-2011, 08:04 PM Thread Starter

This is to follow up on the above question. Installing the Big 3 from EHS Racing was the best upgrade that I've done yet to my xx, WOW, the extra power and torque is nice. Installation was a breeze, thanks to Eric, the EFI controller was mounted in the air box and the Barkers Full exhaust went on quickly without any of the clearance problems with the engine. Anyone on the fence, thinking about doing this upgrade should bite the bullet and DO IT, you will not be sorry. Thanks again Eric for all the help.

08 XX Black and Silver, Big 3 from EHS Racing, consisting of the Full Barkers exhaust, EFI Fuel Controller, EHS air box lid, Uni air filter, Trail Tech Voyager, Trail Tech Bar clamp, Trail Tech X bars, ODI Rogue Grips, 14t and 13t, Pro Armor Nerf bars and Fat Pegs (Black), 22x9X11 Kenda Kutter XC in rear, 23x7x10 Kenda Klaw XC in front on stock wheels.

Last edited by doublexnc; 10-30-2011 at 08:06 PM.
post #5 of 10 Old 10-30-2011, 08:36 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
laughing

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublexnc View Post
This is to follow up on the above question. Installing the Big 3 from EHS Racing was the best upgrade that I've done yet to my xx, WOW, the extra power and torque is nice. Installation was a breeze, thanks to Eric, the EFI controller was mounted in the air box and the Barkers Full exhaust went on quickly without any of the clearance problems with the engine. Anyone on the fence, thinking about doing this upgrade should bite the bullet and DO IT, you will not be sorry. Thanks again Eric for all the help.
i will second that. the simplist and easiest bolt on extra horse ponies you can get. without messing up your stock reliability

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
08 700XX PRM Six Pack Rack Hardline hour meter EHS EFI Controller EHS Lid with side vents Barker Full Exhaust Uni Air Filter alba nerfs elka stg4 fronts sti rims kutter front gbcxrex rear
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 10 Old 10-31-2011, 09:11 AM

good deal, glad i could help. did you change back to the 14T yet?

post #7 of 10 Old 10-31-2011, 12:40 PM Thread Starter

No I'm sticking to the 13T for now, may drop to the 12T. The 6 ply Kutters are two inches taller both front and rear, I may be close to stock gearing now. The big 3 gave me a ton of lower end torque and pulls even harder right up to redline at 8600 RPM.

I'll know more this weekend as we are riding Hatfield and McCoy/Outlaw trails Friday and Saturday. I love the extra power, now I want more !

Last edited by doublexnc; 10-31-2011 at 12:43 PM.
post #8 of 10 Old 11-02-2011, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500Rubie View Post
there are detailed directions on how to mount it in the air box on Eric's web site.

sorry but not meeting these instructions, you can put the link?
post #9 of 10 Old 11-02-2011, 06:41 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Baxter
Here's how I did mine.
https://www.club700xx.com/vb/showthread.php?t=7175

Most cut a slot in the airbox above the breather pipe.

2008 TT-ReXX , 2003 400ex and 2014 CRF250r.
Products used, abused and loved from:
Ed at

Alex at

Jim at

Kyle at

With out these guys , it would not be as much fun.
post #10 of 10 Old 11-03-2011, 11:52 AM

Programmer in air box.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG00267-20111031-1013.jpg (69.0 KB, 28 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode