Auto Decompression on the 700xx - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 58 Old 11-21-2011, 05:12 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Auto Decompression on the 700xx

How does the it work? Anyone have pictures of the pieces to it? Could it wear out?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2008 Honda TRX700XX | 13t Sprocket | HID Headlights | Steering Dampner | ITP Baja Fronts / ITP Pro's Rear | Maxxis RAZR2's all the way around!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 58 Old 11-21-2011, 08:30 PM

Yes it could wear out/malfunction. Check your compression if it is higher than what the manual states (65 psi I think)I would first adjust your valves and recheck. Your valve adjustment is off it can effect the compression release operation (thanks DL). Always check your compression with the throttle open.

It looks sort of like a cam lobe. It has a low tension spring that holds it in the up position. It also has a counterweight opposite the lobe. While cranking the lobe is held in the up position by the spring and it locks in place by the drag of the rocker arm. It bleeds off some compression by slightly opening the exhaust valve while cranking. Once the engine starts the centrifugal force on the counterweight opposite the lobe deactivates it.

11:1, Web Stg2 cam, PCV, Powerbomb/Powercore4, Razr's all around. Air cleaner lid mod, Uni filter, HID Lighting, 6 pack rack, Motion Pro twist, L8ton 9/16, DS/Elka shocks, IMS Tank, Grip heaters

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by skier207; 11-21-2011 at 08:35 PM.
post #3 of 58 Old 11-21-2011, 09:59 PM Thread Starter

I'm wondering if this is where my "noise" is since this is exactly where it sounds like it is coming from and it really only happens when my XX is idling.

2008 Honda TRX700XX | 13t Sprocket | HID Headlights | Steering Dampner | ITP Baja Fronts / ITP Pro's Rear | Maxxis RAZR2's all the way around!

post #4 of 58 Old 11-22-2011, 08:01 PM

Can the cam lobe tension spring brake or fall off. Cant find a cam parts brake down? Have a loud noise in motor when the bike is hot. Also adj valves other noise whent away. When i had valve cover off found decomp. Cam flopping on the shaft is that normal? Thanks
post #5 of 58 Old 11-24-2011, 01:45 PM Thread Starter

I just found out my bike has 100psi on a compression when it should be 65psi. I think this is the course of my noise! Bike is also sometime hard to start as if the clutch wasn't completely releasing. Makes total sense!

post #6 of 58 Old 11-24-2011, 09:07 PM Thread Starter

What i can't figure out (cause i haven't seen it with my own eyes) if i need to replace this - what parts actually need replaced?! Do I need a new cam!?

post #7 of 58 Old 11-25-2011, 07:52 PM

I don't think the decompresser comes separate. I bought a used Webb cam and it came with the decompresser. I think mine hangs up at times I may have to take the one off the stock cam.

11:1, Web Stg2 cam, PCV, Powerbomb/Powercore4, Razr's all around. Air cleaner lid mod, Uni filter, HID Lighting, 6 pack rack, Motion Pro twist, L8ton 9/16, DS/Elka shocks, IMS Tank, Grip heaters

post #8 of 58 Old 11-25-2011, 10:22 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
headscratch

Quote:
Originally Posted by skier207 View Post
I don't think the decompresser comes separate. I bought a used Webb cam and it came with the decompresser. I think mine hangs up at times I may have to take the one off the stock cam.
mine hangs up especially when i stall it and then on refire. thats when its actin up. it doesnt hang up unless you stall it under a load..

08 700XX PRM Six Pack Rack Hardline hour meter EHS EFI Controller EHS Lid with side vents Barker Full Exhaust Uni Air Filter alba nerfs elka stg4 fronts sti rims kutter front gbcxrex rear
post #9 of 58 Old 12-13-2011, 08:49 PM Thread Starter

So no one has a picture of a stock cam with the decompressioner on it!?

post #10 of 58 Old 12-13-2011, 08:55 PM

I will post a pic of a stock cam with the decompressioner on it tomorrow. I have 2 of them if you need one.

The best in the business

High Desert Dyno/Cuervo Racing

Bo White 205-886-7043
Ed @

Chris & Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode