My Cam Change - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 01-17-2012, 09:34 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Cam Change

This was actually alot easier than I thought it would be and really only took about 1.5 hours to get the cam out. At the time of this writing, I haven't put it back in yet but... we'll see. I started taking pics after I had the fuel tank and everything it takes to get it off - off. So here you go. The blue arrow in the last pic is the decompressioner and why I changed cams to begin with and yes, I am replacing it with a stock cam (Thank you very much Jude - nm700xx.) I will be putting it back together tomorrow night. Is there anything I need to know first?

Hint: when doing a cam change - you dont need to drain the gas, just turn the valve to the off position. lol

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2008 Honda TRX700XX | 13t Sprocket | HID Headlights | Steering Dampner | ITP Baja Fronts / ITP Pro's Rear | Maxxis RAZR2's all the way around!

Last edited by 5W0P3; 01-17-2012 at 09:52 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 01-18-2012, 05:06 PM

Since you are already that far, you should just toss in a Hot Cam 3. Cheap easy power since you are already that far

Port and Polishing w/ +1 Valves by Illinois Powersports
11:1 CP 715cc Big Bore Piston
290 Web Cam
+3 Throttle Body
PCV Tuned by Illinois Powersports
61.52 HP 48.24 TQ

Special Thanks To
Illinois Powersports
630-365-6722

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 13 Old 01-18-2012, 05:18 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash21 View Post
Since you are already that far, you should just toss in a Hot Cam 3. Cheap easy power since you are already that far
I thought about it, but I dont have ANY other performance mod. That would require, intake, tuner, full exhaust... another $1000 worth of shit. I'm pretty happy with the power I have so I just put a stock cam back in.

2008 Honda TRX700XX | 13t Sprocket | HID Headlights | Steering Dampner | ITP Baja Fronts / ITP Pro's Rear | Maxxis RAZR2's all the way around!

post #4 of 13 Old 02-02-2012, 09:35 AM Thread Starter

New cam didn't fix anything. Only thing not replaced is the cam chain itself. I guess that's next. Anyone have a how to? Or How much more of the motor needs to be taken apart?

post #5 of 13 Old 04-16-2012, 08:56 AM Thread Starter

For future readers - I ended up replacing the cam chain. Fixed everything.

post #6 of 13 Old 04-25-2012, 11:58 PM

What was the problem?
post #7 of 13 Old 04-25-2012, 11:59 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5W0P3 View Post
For future readers - I ended up replacing the cam chain. Fixed everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fraiolib View Post
What was the problem?
ding ding ding....

now i'm tearing it all back apart again for the HC3

post #8 of 13 Old 04-26-2012, 12:01 AM

Lol no.... I mean y were u fixing it... What was it doing?
post #9 of 13 Old 04-26-2012, 08:09 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fraiolib View Post
Lol no.... I mean y were u fixing it... What was it doing?
It was making this ticking noise. I originally thought it was a decompressioner so i switched out cams - still there. Then I had a new cam chain installed and that fixed it. Technician said even with the cam chain adjuster there, you could pick the chain off the top of the sprocket! I'm just glad it didn't jump time and destroy the engine.

This should have all been fixed THE RIGHT WAY when I took it to the dealer a year and a half ago - when it was still under warranty no less for this noise and they rebuilt the motor and charged me for it. Still ticking away when I got it back. You would've thought they would've put a new cam chain in on a rebuild, pretty sure they just did rings and bearings on it though - piece of shits.

post #10 of 13 Old 04-26-2012, 09:17 AM

well boys and girls we've learned a valuable lesson from this. If you want it fixed right you do it yourself! haha j/k Glad you got it fixed Swope
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode